Cassio

OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion bootable USB

Looks like I'm not finished. I was able to successfully install Mountain Lion but when I restart the computer with the usb drive and choose Mountain Lion with GraphicsEnabler=No -f I crash in a new area and I'm not sure what to do. I tried removing video kext folders from the flash drive. I hope that is correct.

Any advice?

525709645_2012-08-0117_47_06.resized.jpg.4072f4424098ea799a300b3684ea3960.jpg

Hello,

I have successfully installed OS X 10.8 on my Dell Precision M4600 but I don't have network connection at all.

And to be completely honest with you I don't know how to fix it.

Could anyone advice me please how can I fix this so that I will have LAN or WiFi working...

In my spec I have:

Intel 82579 Gigabit Ethernet Controller (LAN)

Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 (WiFi)

Please help

Thank you :oops:

Not listed as install target, or not listed in disk utility? You need to format the partition first.

It is not listed as install target neither it is listed in disk utility. Please help. I only see the bootable USB drive from which i am installing the OS in the disk utility. The install target is blank. Please help.

It is not listed as install target neither it is listed in disk utility. Please help. I only see the bootable USB drive from which i am installing the OS in the disk utility. The install target is blank. Please help.

You have to format your partition first, use MacOs Plus as file system. Go to disk utilities>select the target partiton and then go to the erase tab, select MacOs Plus and then erase it.

If you don't have a partition yet, you have to create it. In windows you may use disk administration tools that are located inside administrative tools.

Good luck!

hi, i was able to install mountain lion but i cant seem to install any other app. it keeps asking for the admin login and the account created at initial startup is only a standard account. i need help getting the admin access. thank you. :D

Admin password is the one used for the first user in initial setup.

Looks like I'm not finished. I was able to successfully install Mountain Lion but when I restart the computer with the usb drive and choose Mountain Lion with GraphicsEnabler=No -f I crash in a new area and I'm not sure what to do. I tried removing video kext folders from the flash drive. I hope that is correct.

Move video kexts from /S/L/E (from HD, not from flash drive) http://Olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1677

I have successfully installed OS X 10.8 on my Dell Precision M4600 but I don't have network connection at all.

And to be completely honest with you I don't know how to fix it.

Could anyone advice me please how can I fix this so that I will have LAN or WiFi working...

Not a subject for this topic, please start a new one.

If SATA is as AHCI in BIOS the HD should be listed in DU. Try booting with -f, maybe you have this problem http://Olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=1701

-Donations-

PayPal HERE - Stripe HERE - BuyMeaCoffee HERE - Mercado Livre HERE

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3

PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

Premium Users HERE - Problems with Paypal HERE

xcd5u2Y.png

It's probably a video kext issue http://Olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1677

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png

hi, i was able to install mountain lion but i cant seem to install any other app. it keeps asking for the admin login and the account created at initial startup is only a standard account. i need help getting the admin access. thank you. :D

I'm in the same boat, I have installed 10.8 and can boot into it using the usb boot, but I can't change anything that requires admin because it says my password is wrong, I follow tutorial for resetting it in single user mode and I have created 3 more admin accounts all of which osx tells me I'm using the wrong password. I even made the password 1 letter to make sure and it still wont let me log in to admin rights. I can't install chamealion on the HD to get it booting without the usb or get my graphics and network stuff added ether. anyone ever have this problem, I'm thinking of going back to Snow leopard unless someone has any great knowledge about this problem.

I am at an extremely frustrating point in the Hackintosh process. I cannot get Chameleon Wizard onto the (soon to be) Mac computer, along with any ktexts I need. The Mac is not recognizing CDs, or USBs - only an internal-secondary HD, and the Mac-installed HD.

What is the best option at this point?

You installed from USB and it doesn't recognize USB ports? Very strange.

You can try patching DSDT to get USB working http://Olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=634

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png

Yes. USB HDs do not show in the Disk Utility or Finder.

I must say that I deleted a whole bunch of ktexts on the USB, before I read the last post (at that point in time) and figured out my IOBluetooth error. From my understanding the HD ktexts are the ones being used at this point?

Yes, kexts from USB are only used by installer, they are not copied to HD.

Have you tried USBBusFix=yes? If it doesn't work you probably need to patch DSDT.

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png

The entire DSDT method seems to rely on the criterion that I have availability to another OS on the same PC. Which I am then suppose to extract the very same computers BIOS to patch it, and then place that patch on an alternative USB (?), from which I proceed to a trial-and-error process - attempting to fix my USB functionality. And if I am suppose to open the same USB used to install Mac OSX, it will not open without reformatting on the alternative PC.

This is my first time hacking any type of OS; other than setting up a Linux machine.

I had planned on deleting the contents of the second-internal-drive anyway. So, I suppose it is possible to format the HD - such that I can use it to transfer files between another Mac. Maybe it will work?

Edited by Guest

The fact that the system was installed from USB makes it hard to believe you can't access USB from the running system, but I really have no other idea. I would try DSDT patches EHCI, UHCI, DTGP and IRQs for your chipset.

You can try the Clover bootloader, it has an auto patcher feature with USB fixes

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2304

Here you find instructions to create bootable USB from Windows

http://www.osx86.net/view/2571-clover_v2_r515__efi_bootloader_pkg_+_win_...html

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png

Hi Cassio,

Thanks for this- was able to install onto single partition HD on Dell Optiplex 755.

The system boots from USB then will startup from the HD into Mountain Lion, but it won't startup without the USB.

Have installed Chameleon and used multishit custom install to install FakeSMC etc. But wary of installing too many kexts with multishit without knowing whether they're necessary.

Am using an Radeon 5670 graphics card- but have yet to get it recognised- Framebuffer info required- have got Lion 10.7.4 running reasonably well on another HD in the same machine.

Would appreciate any advice.

Thanks again.

Desktop: OS X 10.14.6 Dell Precision T3500 Xeon 3503 5 * 2GB DDR3 1066MHz RAM ATI Radeon 5670 GPU Samsung EVO 250Gb SSD

Laptop: macOS 10.15.7, Dell 7580, intel i7 8565, intel 620 iGPU, Samsung 860 EVO 1tb SSD

Follow post install instructions on first post.

installing too many kexts with multishit without knowing whether they're necessary.

That's the problem.

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png

I tried both -f boot option and also tried patching it as detailed in the link you provided but still I am not able to see my internal hd. Alternatively I tried to install it on a USB external hard drive and the installation went fine. However, I am not able to boot from it as my bios recognises only 1 USB drive. I am either able to see the bootable drive or the installed ML external hard drive. Is there a way I can overcome this and boot ML from the external hard drive. Appreciate your help in this regard.

If SATA is as AHCI in BIOS the HD should be listed in DU. Try booting with -f, maybe you have this problem http://Olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=1701

Did you use -f after patching IOAHCIBlockStorage?

You can try a CD to boot the external HD http://Olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=1616

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png

Where can I find the other file there is an md5sum for?

What do you mean? I don't understand.

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png