Cassio

OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion bootable USB

InstallESD is inside the installer from App Store. If the md5 of .raw file matches, it should be fine. Did you try erasing the target partition and installing again?

-Donations-

PayPal HERE - Stripe HERE - BuyMeaCoffee HERE - Mercado Livre HERE

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3

PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

Premium Users HERE - Problems with Paypal HERE

xcd5u2Y.png

Hello Everyone,

Been trying to get ML on my system for hours.

Booted from usb drive and installed ML successfuly but problems starts when try to boot for the first time.

Tried loads of commands but nothing works.

Been stuck on this error.

waitforservice [appleintelcpupowermanagement] timed out

I have attached screenshot and my system specs are down below.

35d5mwk.jpg

Hope someone will help me out.

Thanks!! :)

Intel Core i3 2120 3.3GHz

Asus P8H61-M LE/USB3 Intel H61

Corsair 4GB DDR3 1333MHz

Samsung HD103SJ Spinpoint F3 1TB - Used as data storage

Sandisk Extreme SSD - Used for windows 7

WD My passport 500 GB External drive - Used for OS X

LiteOn iHAS124 24x DVD±RW DL & RAM SATA Optical Drive

Hi i've had problems using the usb method. So I've downloaded the DSDT editor and made my own dsdt.aml file, patched it for my motherboard (ASROCK p43twins1600) but now i have a dsdt.aml file and i don't know how to integrate that into the USB installer.

Please help.

cheers.

(Im noob btw)

Followed everything, and it installed fine. I am able to boot into the system using the boot USB, but once I get in I can't do anything. The setup that runs on first boot created my account as a standard account, so there's no admin account. I tried removing .applesetupdone and it *did* redo that setup, but to the same effect-- no admin account, two standard user accounts.

I have tried various methods in single-user mode to create a new account, but none of them work, most all commands error out with "the daemon encountered an error..." or something more cryptic. EDIT: something as simple as "passwd administrator" comes back with the daemon error specified earlier. Running dseditgroup to try to add my standard user to the admin group comes back with "getNodeRef failed to obtain a node reference."

Any ideas?

EDIT: If it helps, I'm also seeing the same thing as Burnoutagain here: http://Olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1627&start=60#p14017

Perhaps it's related to the same issue?

Burnoutagain-- if you read this can you check your user accounts and see if you have an admin?

EDIT again: Apparently third time is a charm. I'm in and everything seems to be working properly -- at least to get it running. Loads of driver issues though. Burnout-- you have to tell it to show you fixed disks in the preferences.

I also ran into the same issue where the setup created a standard account instead of an administrative account. Please let me know what you did to resolve it.

Booted from usb drive and installed ML successfuly but problems starts when try to boot for the first time.

Tried loads of commands but nothing works.

Probably a video problem http://Olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1677

now i have a dsdt.aml file and i don't know how to integrate that into the USB installer.

Put it in folder /Extra using TransMac.

hey can i use this to dual boot mac os x 10.8.0 and windows 7

Yes, you can.

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png

The setup that runs on first boot created my account as a standard account, so there's no admin account. I tried removing .applesetupdone and it *did* redo that setup, but to the same effect-- no admin account, two standard user accounts.

EDIT again: Apparently third time is a charm. I'm in and everything seems to be working properly -- at least to get it running.

Did you do something different this time?

No idea on this "no admin account" problem.

I also ran into the same issue where the setup created a standard account instead of an administrative account. Please let me know what you did to resolve it.

It looks like a of people when they create a new user are only able to make a standard account. I haven't been able to figure it out either. I'll let you guys know if I find something somewhere else on the web.

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png

I have read through this entire thread many times and followed a number of other posts around the forum but still no luck.

Managed to get the USB installer up to the point of BluetoothHCI but then it simply goes black and the screen switches off.

Have deleted all the ATI* and AppleIntelHD* kexts from the correct folder and also using the arguments "GraphicsEnabler=no -x -f"

Also notice that my CMOS is reset on every boot which I have to fix to AHCI and other settings before proceeding again.

My build is as follows:

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-EG45M-UD2H

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E7500

RAM: 2 x 2Gb DDR-2 800

GPU: Sparkle Nvidia 8800GT

Did you do something different this time?

No idea on this "no admin account" problem.

Atlast after severl hours of researching and multiple trials fixed this issue by following these steps

1. Boot in single user mode (-s) and run the following commands

2. /sbin/mount -uw /

3. rm /var/db/dslocal/nodes/Default/groups/admin.plist (This file will not be available mostly but this will ensure it is removed if incase it is available and corrupt)

4. cp /System/Library/DirectoryServices/DefaultLocalDB/Default/groups/admin.plist /var/db/dslocal/nodes/Default/groups/admin.plist

5. rm /var/db/.AppleSetupDone (This is to trick Mac that setup was not already done and it will run setup process again through which we can create the new admin user)

6. reboot

Boot again with the flags that works for you and create a new user. Viola this new account should have admin priviledges.

Have deleted all the ATI* and AppleIntelHD* kexts from the correct folder and also using the arguments "GraphicsEnabler=no -x -f"

GPU: Sparkle Nvidia 8800GT

You should remove nVidia kexts, not Intel and ATI.

Also notice that my CMOS is reset on every boot which I have to fix to AHCI and other settings before proceeding again.

Apply DSDT patch for your mobo http://Olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=385

Atlast after severl hours of researching and multiple trials fixed this issue by following these steps

Thanks for sharing, added a link on first post.

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png

when i boot without wait=yes, the HFS+ files load, the extensions load, but then the comp restarts and I don't get the graphical installer interface. The comp just restarts and hangs there if i boot onto the HD.

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/3075/20120807202931.jpg

thats the last page on wait=yes, after which i press spacebar, and then the system restarts.

Check if you have HPET and NX Bit (execute disable bit) enabled in BIOS.

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png

I have installed following the instruction and things got installed fine. But the only severe problem is that it is not identifying any network automatically and not able to connect to the internet thru my broadband.

I tried to put all network parameters like ip, DNS, subnet mask, etc. in PPPoE connection, but no success.

I am using this in Dual boot with Windows 7 and the same connection is working perfectly in Win 7.

I request help from the forum on this.

OK, my biggest doubt! I don't have a Hackintosh/Macintosh! I just have an access to a windows pc but i want to install chameleon to the usb drive! Is there any possibility that I could do that? Because chameleon installation wizards and stuff come in package format (A format which windows doesn't recognize) It just shows them as folders.

:)

the only severe problem is that it is not identifying any network automatically and not able to connect to the internet thru my broadband.

You need to install network kext http://Olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1694

I just have an access to a windows pc but i want to install chameleon to the usb drive! Is there any possibility that I could do that?

This .raw file is to be copied to USB using ImageWriter for Windows, bootloader is included.

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png

I have not access to imagewriter, and im trying to copy with dd. After copy at restart it says me "Missing operating system". I have checked hash for the file and recopy 3 times without success. Another way to copy the raw file? or there are any special options to copy with dd?

Try to umount it first, then run dd

sudo umount /dev/sdc1
sudo dd if=OS\ X\ 10.8\ Install\ USB.raw of=/dev/sdc bs=1m

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png