Jump to content
jpdebil

Any luck for Icelake CPUs with UHD Graphics? (non-Iris)

Recommended Posts

Has anyone around here have tried running macOS on Icelake (i3-1005G1)? Haven't seen any site or post that did so, especially the graphics since there isn't any mac with g1 g2 graphics. Is there a workaround for it like a fakeid for the gpu or something? Would appreciate the help

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Already checked on it, there's only for Iris Graphics in the Icelake tab, none for UHD ones. Is it possible to fake the UHD G1 to Iris graphics? Unless they aren't of the same architecture 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

try fake to 9B3E0000 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also I've tried booting an installer with your image and it'll show me:

Error: Access Denied while loading boot.efi

 press any key

* Hit any key to continue *

I do not know what's going on. Secure boot is disabled.

I also saw your OC EFI folder for 10th gen Intel CPUs and got an error

 

OCB: LoadImage failed - Access Denied

Pretty sure my secure boot is disabled

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/14/2020 at 7:30 AM, jpdebil said:

Also I've tried booting an installer with your image and it'll show me:

Error: Access Denied while loading boot.efi

 press any key

* Hit any key to continue *

I do not know what's going on. Secure boot is disabled.

I also saw your OC EFI folder for 10th gen Intel CPUs and got an error

 

OCB: LoadImage failed - Access Denied

Pretty sure my secure boot is disabled

Any luck going past this error? Got a new XPS 17 and I'm stuck in exactly the same error :-(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just got this working all but graphics and touch pad on mine. I am working on that now.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kingofnie said:

I just got this working all but graphics and touch pad on mine. I am working on that now.  

glad to hear! how got you past this error?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kingofnie said:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NCehNb9kqvavLTI42s5gRhEErrT4ir3K/view?usp=sharing a ton of work and luck you can try my efi. here for  my system with the same processor. Also double check your bios secure boot kept creeping back in on me. 

 

thx for efi, still stuck on Error: Access Denied while loading boot.efi :-(

have already turned off all secure boot stuff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

hmm well I'm on the system I built now ... lets see what hdd are you using. nvme ssd? have you tried different ports? Also you might check  your uefi driver. Now that I think about it that sounds very much like that kind of error.  

I mean id try a different flash drive before anything else start from scratch make new install media. I have. 2.0 and 3.0 drives for exactly this reason.  

Edited by kingofnie
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kingofnie said:

hmm well I'm on the system I built now ... lets see what hdd are you using. nvme ssd? have you tried different ports? Also you might check  your uefi driver. Now that I think about it that sounds very much like that kind of error.  

I mean id try a different flash drive before anything else start from scratch make new install media. I have. 2.0 and 3.0 drives for exactly this reason.  

thx for your help! I've got past this error by resetting the uefi to factory defaults and additionally to bios defaults (rly don't know why and what, but ok.. :-D )

I've started a thread to not occupy this thread here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, weissi29 said:

thx for your help! I've got past this error by resetting the uefi to factory defaults and additionally to bios defaults (rly don't know why and what, but ok.. :-D )

I've started a thread to not occupy this thread here

awesome  hit me up if you get other things fixed... the i2c trackpad is kicking my butt ..and I haven't attempted the video yet I'm seeing things about spoofing it or something.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...