Mirone

AppleHDA

Hi, Mirone! How are you?

First of all, thanks for the first AppleHDA you patched for me: still works like a champ through all updates. Really a winner.

I got a new laptop, and again it has ALC269 (please see txt attached, from a VoodooHDA dump). Then i tried the kext+dsdt you made for me, and obviously they didn't work (but i had to try, hehehe). So i'm on square one with this notebook, an Asus 1201n (a gorgeous netbook for hackintoshing, by the way: dual core Atom, Ion graphics that give full QE/CI, only had to replace the stock wireless by a AR9285). I need your help again, if i'm not crossing the line asking it again. :D

I attached the codec dump, as said, and my dsdt. As you will see, the hardware is a little different, since it also has HDMI, thanks to the Ion system: is it possible to achieve audio through HDMI? It would be really awesome. Here's the files: [attachment=0]dump and dsdt.zip[/attachment]

Thank you very much in advance, Mirone!

I need codec_dump Linux

this dump of voodoo to me is useless.

btn_donate_SM.gif

Hello, Mirone!

Thank you very much for the files: your work is really awesome. They work partially, as can be seen in the pics attached: line-in neither works nor appears in System Preferences. Line-out doesn't appear also, but internal speakers are working loud and and clear, and internal microphone also does fine.

Tested HDMI also, no sound and the option doesn't appear in System Preferences.

Pictures:

1955206775_ScreenShot2013-03-02at5_43_07PM.png.0ee4ffde7562ea73d8fd85d9b92ad504.png

1093986631_ScreenShot2013-03-02at5_43_25PM.png.f3a8ba8914c25056829cff39a19e0b13.png

Best regards!

Hello, Mirone!

Thank you very much for the files: your work is really awesome. They work partially, as can be seen in the pics attached: line-in neither works nor appears in System Preferences. Line-out doesn't appear also, but internal speakers are working loud and and clear, and internal microphone also does fine.

Tested HDMI also, no sound and the option doesn't appear in System Preferences.

Pictures:

[attachment=1]Screen Shot 2013-03-02 at 5.43.07 PM.png[/attachment]

[attachment=0]Screen Shot 2013-03-02 at 5.43.25 PM.png[/attachment]

Best regards!

Try This: http://cl.ly/2d3x3S3k2k2M

btn_donate_SM.gif

Hi, Mirone! Good morning!

With that latest HDA+DSDT, no dice: no sound, none of the outs appear in System Preferences, no HDMI sound support. Pictures attached. :D

[attachment=0]Screen Shot 2013-03-03 at 12.47.07 PM.png[/attachment]

[attachment=1]Screen Shot 2013-03-03 at 12.46.45 PM.png[/attachment]

Thank you very much indeed!

Sorry had forgotten to edit the binary

try this: http://www.sendspace.com/file/kr75pt

btn_donate_SM.gif

Hi, Mirone! Thank you for answering so quickly! :D

I think we're almost there:

1) Working: microphones, line-in, internal speakers and headphones work like a charm! In System Preferences, the port shows up with the name of the device used, except for line-out, which is recognized by the system as a headphone, but i suppose it will work just like the other two outputs(don't have the external speaker to test it right now). Pictures attached: :D

1592640366_ScreenShot2013-03-03at1_24_46PM.png.fb512427ae91b459341741d6bc767d11.png

2098337832_ScreenShot2013-03-03at1_25_00PM.png.415542f18bdeac2d4a01d7623a03183a.png

1489015535_ScreenShot2013-03-03at1_25_11PM.png.cd3756933b39a87d9bc43fe24ff62117.png

2) Not working yet: HDMI audio won't even show up in System Preferences, even after i connect the HDMI cable to my hack. Also, when i wake it from sleep, the computer will have no sound at all.

Again, thank you very much, Mirone!

Hi, Mirone! Thank you for answering so quickly! :D

I think we're almost there:

1) Working: microphones, line-in, internal speakers and headphones work like a charm! In System Preferences, the port shows up with the name of the device used, except for line-out, which is recognized by the system as a headphone, but i suppose it will work just like the other two outputs(don't have the external speaker to test it right now). Pictures attached: :D

[attachment=2]Screen Shot 2013-03-03 at 1.24.46 PM.png[/attachment]

[attachment=1]Screen Shot 2013-03-03 at 1.25.00 PM.png[/attachment]

[attachment=0]Screen Shot 2013-03-03 at 1.25.11 PM.png[/attachment]

2) Not working yet: HDMI audio won't even show up in System Preferences, even after i connect the HDMI cable to my hack. Also, when i wake it from sleep, the computer will have no sound at all.

Again, thank you very much, Mirone!

for sound after sleep

use this kext: http://cl.ly/1I353b0I0N3hIn Mountain Lion native HDMI should work just

with changes in your DSDT.

Look here: http://www.tonycrapx86.com/hdmi-audio/70765-mountain-lion-hdmi-audio.html

btn_donate_SM.gif

I'll try both fixes, Mirone! Thank you very much, man: you're the best! :D

Hey, can i post your latest kext+DSDT in this topic? http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/264740-asus-1201n-installation-and-support/ The solutions there are quite outdated and doesn't work anymore. As a side note, i'm on 10.8.3, so your method is update-proof: congratulations.

Best regards!

P.S.: the link for the kext appears to be broken :(

Thank you very much again, Mirone! I'll will post the due credits, be sure, and will even link your posts so no doubt is left.

A question: why is so difficult to patch ALC 269 codecs? I tried to do it by myself and failed miserably, despite my earlier success with other codecs. Your help save the day for me.

Downloaded the IOAUDIO, thanks! Will test it immediately.

Best regards!

Thank you very much again, Mirone! I'll will post the due credits, be sure, and will even link your posts so no doubt is left.

A question: why is so difficult to patch ALC 269 codecs? I tried to do it by myself and failed miserably, despite my earlier success with other codecs. Your help save the day for me.

Downloaded the IOAUDIO, thanks! Will test it immediately.

Best regards!

It's the same process for all codecs

the difference is that in notebooks need Codecverb more to the EAPD.

btn_donate_SM.gif

Hi, Mirone!

Okay, test 1! Thank you very much :D

As for layout id=12, i'm used to hex, so you're referring to 0xC, right? Then it would be 0xC 0x0 0x0 0x0. Well, that's what i injected under HDEF, Layout ID.

The VIA Coded is still not recognized. I patched the dsdt for HDMI, so it appears in SysPrefs, the icon turns grey when i plug the cable, but i remember to have read somewhere else that Lion (i'm on 10.7.5) HDMI audio is dependent on onboard audio to be working properly.

Here's the IOReg plus edited DSDT: TEST1.zip

Best regards and, again, thank you very much!

Hi, Mirone!

Yes, the DSDT was there, i double-checked. Anyway, here's the results of test2: [attachment=0]Test2.zip[/attachment]

Thank you very much indeed! :D

Your dsdt is not being loaded.

put your dsdt in the root folder not in the extra.

btn_donate_SM.gif

i thought putting it on /Extra and add DSDTDSDT.aml in org.chameleon.Boot,plist would be enough (i still have the flags in the plist, though).

Hello,

remove the key to use default (DSDT.aml in / or /Extra) or set full path to file

<key>DSDT</key>
<string>/Extra/DSDT.aml</string>

or

<key>DSDT</key>
<string>/DSDT.aml</string>

-Donations-

PayPal HERE - Stripe HERE - BuyMeaCoffee HERE - Mercado Livre HERE

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3

PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

Premium Users HERE - Problems with Paypal HERE

xcd5u2Y.png

Hi, Mirone!

Thank you very much for the continued help! That's funny, i just double-checked my DSDT and found this:

Device (HDEF)

{

Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)

Name (_PRW, Package (0x02)

{

0x09,

0x05

})

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)

{

Store (Package (0x0C)

{

"subsystem-id",

Buffer (0x04)

{

0x68, 0xAA, 0x00, 0x00

},

"subsystem-vendor-id",

Buffer (0x04)

{

0x4B, 0x17, 0x00, 0x00

},

"codec-id",

Buffer (0x04)

{

0x97, 0x43, 0x06, 0x11

},

"layout-id",

Buffer (0x04)

{

0x0C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00

},

"device-type",

Buffer (0x0B)

{

"VIA VT1705"

},

"PinConfigurations",

Buffer (Zero) {}

}, Local0)

So i'm pretty sure it's there. In fact, i think it was you that put it there for me, because it has even the name of my CODEC there (VIA VT1705).

But perhaps pernacabeluda (thank you very much, man!) has the answer: i'll try removing that key and see what happens. I'll report back soon.

All the best!