iHackintosh_PT

OS X Mavericks 10.9.5 bootable USB for Intel

Hi,

I have a clevo w230st laptop:

i7 4700mq

intel hd 4600 graphics (GTX 765M disabled via BIOS)

Running Prema Mod Bios v1.1

Thanks for the great image. It booted almost perfectly with little revisions. All I did was add a ig-platform-id 0x0a260006 to the config.plist and the thing boots into osx with most things working (except audio/wake/battery but I will deal with those at another date).

However, the only thing that is a bit qwirky is that when I first boot, there are rainbow-like lines that come across the screen randomly. However, this can be completely fixed by changing the resolution to 1600 x 900 and back to 1920 x 1080. After that, the screen works perfectly fine at 1080p.

I was wondering if anyone knows how to fix this, if at all. Thanks for the great work and guide. Below is my config.plist. Let me know if I did something wrong as it seems like a boot loader problem.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

Boot

Arguments

-v npci=0x2000

GUI

Custom

Entries

Hidden

Path

\EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.efi

Theme

iclover

Graphics

ig-platform-id

0x0a260006

SystemParameters

InjectKexts

Kenny

Often, problems like that can be fixed in Clover by injecting your laptop display's EDID. It's a big code with a lot of meaning, it actually represents every detail about the operation of your display. Adapting from a guide I wrote elsewhere:

On Windows:

[...]

2. Download and run RW-Everything (this one has multiple utilities but you can use any other, like EDID Viewer, Phoenix EDID Designer...)

3. [...] Click on EDID button. You'll see something like this: (don't copy, this is my EDID and should be a little different for you)

00 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 0A 0B 0C 0D 0E 0F
00 00 FF FF FF FF FF FF 00 4C A3 00 02 FF FF FF FF
10 00 15 01 03 80 1D 10 FF 2F 00 00 A0 57 49 9B 26
20 10 48 4F 00 00 00 01 01 01 01 01 01 01 01 01 01
30 01 01 01 01 01 01 9E 1B 56 78 50 00 18 30 30 20
40 25 00 25 A5 10 00 00 19 00 00 00 FD 00 00 3C 00
50 D9 08 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
60 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
70 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 CC

4. Copy and paste it on notepad. Erase the first line and the first column, they are just references, not part of the EDID. Remove every line break, ending up with a single line of hexadecimal code, then use HEX -> Base64 to convert it to base 64. Save the result as EDID64.txt on a pen drive. Your EDID64 should look very similar to mine:

AP///////wBMowAC/////wAVAQOAHRD/LwAAoFdJmyYQSE8AAAABAQEBAQEBAQEBAQEBAQEBnhtWeFAAGDAwICUAJaUQAAAZAAAA/QAAPADZCAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMw=

[...] Open EFI/CLOVER/config.plist on notepad, search for "CustomEDID" and change the string to the EDID64 you got previously.

Mavericks 10.9.2 Retail

When you ask for support, remember to tell the bootloader you use :)

Hi,

I followed the steps according to the last post. Unfortunately, that didn't do the trick. Perhaps I wrote my config incorrectly? Below is my plist

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

Boot

Arguments

-v npci=0x2000

GUI

Custom

Entries

Hidden

Path

\EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.efi

Theme

iclover

Graphics

CustomEDID

AP///////wANrkMTAAAAADQVAQSlHBB4ApOtqVNMliURT1MAAAABAQEBAQEB

AQEBAQEBAQEBNjaAoHA4IEAuHiQAGqUQAAAYJCSAoHA4IEAuHiQAGqUQAAAY

AAAA/gBDTU4KICAgICAgICAgAAAA/gBOMTMzSFNFLUVBMQogAM0=

ig-platform-id

0x0a260006

SystemParameters

InjectKexts

Kenny

Boot with your current config.plist (with CustomEDID), then run in the terminal:

ioreg -lw0 | grep EDID

Save it in a text file. Then boot again, this time without injecting EDID (you don't need to modify config.plist for that, you can go into Clover options > Graphics > uncheck EDID injection), and repeat the process. Do you see any differences in the outputs? If not, can you post them here?

This is just to certify that the EDID injection is working.

Mavericks 10.9.2 Retail

Hi,

Thanks for the help. I did both a boot with EDID injection checked and without. Both results are the same. Below is the result

| |   | | |   "FeatureControl" = {"DynamicRingTables"=0,"GPUInterruptHandling"=1,"UseInterruptFilter"=1,"EDPDownSpreadDisable"=0,"FastDisplayDetectDisable"=0,"SpreadON"=1,"PowerStates"=1,"IgnorePanelTimings"=0,"GammaAdjustDisable"=0,"DisableDynamicFBC"=1,"RCxEIModeEnable"=1,"EnableDeepDisplay"=1,"MaximumSelfRefreshLevel"=3,"DPM"=1,"EnableConnectionState"=1,"ASRDisable"=0,"Gamma"=1,"CachedEDIDDisable"=0,"FBC"=1,"Watermarks"=1,"RenderStandby"=1,"SetRC6Voltage"=0,"UseProgrammedCoefficients"=0}
   | |   | | |       "IODisplayEDID" = <00ffffffffffff000dae43130000000034150104a51c10780293ada9534c9625114f5300000001010101010101010101010101010101363680a0703820402e1e24001aa510000018242480a0703820402e1e24001aa510000018000000fe00434d4e0a202020202020202020000000fe004e3133334853452d4541310a2000cd>

Any advice will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Kenny

Then your display is natively fully detected by Mac, that's why the Custom EDID doesn't make difference. You can take that out from your config.plist if you want to.

The only possible solution I found for your problem with Intel HD 4600 was to try different values for IntelAzulFB in Chameleon. That doesn't exist in Clover so you can try different ig-platform-id. I don't know exactly how did you obtain the one you're currently using.

Someone reported no more artifacts after setting IntelAzulFB to 12. I found this table, it relates IntelAzulFB values to (I believe) ig-platform-id values:

0 = 00000604

1 = 0000060c

2 = 00001604

3 = 0000160a

4 = 0000160c

5 = 00002604

6 = 0000260a

7 = 0000260c

8 = 0000260d

9 = 02001604

10 = 0300220d

11 = 0500260a

12 = 0600260a

13 = 0700260d

14 = 0800260a

15 = 08002e0a

See what happens if you try the id for 12. If that leads you to a black screen, probably the other ids are not the way to go (that might indicate I'm wrong to think the right values are ig-platform-id). If you can still reach the graphics but the artifacts persist, then you may try the other ones until you (hopefully) find one that solves your problem.

Mavericks 10.9.2 Retail

Hi,

Just reporting back. So I tried all the values you suggested and all of them booted fine with no distortion. However, the resolution was locked at 800 x 600 only and the graphics that was detected was hd 4600 with 64mb.

However, I did end up getting it working.

I was thinking how my system works perfectly fine after I changed resolutions and back, therefore, I figured it must be a boot loader problem to begin with and not really a graphics issue per se. So I got some advice elsewhere that maybe I had to change the boot loader's initial graphics setting to 1080p. Though I myself don't know anything about code or programming, I have tried installing clover many times and remembered that there was a file "csmvideodxe-64" that made the boot loader start with a better resolution. Long story short, I added that to my drivers64uefi folder in the boot loader and voila, the system now boots perfectly with no distortion at 1080p. Go figure :D.

Now time to get audio and wake working (which also seems to be a graphics issue <_< but this is beyond the scope of this thread). Thanks for all the effort! I really appreciated it.

Kenny

Hello All,

I am Facing Some Problems Regarding Power Management,CPU usage.MY Battery Backup,in Mavericks Just half rather then windows eg:

Windows battery =90min approx ,Mavericks=45min approx

Windows Cpu usage=10 to 15% approx ,Mavericks=15 to 20%

Windows RAM=25 to 35% approx ,Mavericks=60 to 80%

(ALL ABOVE USAGE ARE ABOUT NORMAL BROWSING & USING )

Note:-while I use 10.9 my Laptop throws more Heat & air but in windows It Doesnot Happen mean CALM System Working

I have SSDT.aml,smbios.plist(MacBookPro8.3 Sandybridge),org.chamelion....., in Extra, but Still doing googling to Patch DSDT.

How Can I resolve Power Issues Kindly helpmeout???

Dell Vostro 3550

Processor-i5-2450M(2.50 GHz-Turbo Boost3.10 GHz)

RAM - 4 GB

Graphic - ATI Mobility Radeon HD 6630m 1GB(Switchable Graphics)

Chipset - Intel PCH HM67

DualBoot- Mavericks10.9/ Win 8.1 Pro x64 (Chamelionwizard)

Dell Vostro 3550, i5-2450M(2.50 GHz-Turbo Boost3.10 GHz) , RAM - 4 GB , Graphic - ATI Mobility Radeon HD 6630m 1GB(Switchable Graphics) , Chipset Intel PCH HM67, Yosmite 10.10/ Win 8.1 Pro x64/ Dualboot Chamelionwizard

However, I did end up getting it working.

Thank you for reporting back and bringing us a solution! I tend to forget about the Clover drivers... Good to know! :)

Hello All,

I am Facing Some Problems Regarding Power Management,CPU usage.MY Battery Backup,in Mavericks Just half rather then windows eg:

Let's keep the conversation in the topic you created: http://Olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=4293

Mavericks 10.9.2 Retail

Hi,

I have another newbie question. Is there a fundamental difference in having kexts in the /EFI/Kexts/10.9 folder versus having them in S/L/E? Would it make a difference if I placed all the kexts from the 10.9 folder into S/L/E and removed the

<key>InjectKexts</key
<true/>

from the config.plist? Is there a performance gain or difference at all by having clover inject them every time I boot versus just starting it from S/L/E like all the other kexts.

Kenny

About performance I don't think so, at least I don't feel any difference. But a Clover developer told me it's better to install them to /S/L/E because the kexts injection may cause some bugs (people have already reported some, like not being able to shutdown or sleep [the computer] sometimes).

Not a newbie question btw. Newbie questions are those you can find an answer for at Google's first page.

Mavericks 10.9.2 Retail

I'm trying to boot this USB image and I'm having two problems.

I'm a complete noob, so I don't understand if I should use Clover or Chameleon. I can't get to the Chameleon bootloader on my computer anyway, because no matter how much I press '1', it goes straight to Clover.

Anyway, from Clover I can boot into 'Install OS X Mavericks', but it reboots nearly straight away. The text that appears on the screen is:

8FpIpSpl.jpg

Has anybody else encountered this?

I have... And what I can say is that there are many possible reasons for that.

1 - it could be a problem with your USB port. I tried all the USB ports so I thought that wasn't the problem. But a month before I could boot fine. I tried to remember all the steps I had done and finally came to the conclusion that the only difference was the Clover version. And indeed, I tested the older Clover I had used (2236) and then it worked. One detail: the device containing Clover should be the first boot device inside the BIOS advanced options. If I selected to boot that device from anywhere else, it didn't work. These things took me a whole day of work to discover so when I finally passed that screen, the first thing I did was to create an HDD partition for OS X installation and since then, I can use any Clover version to boot it from the HDD when I need to reinstall.

2 - it could be a problem with your USB device. Sometimes trying a different pendrive or external HDD solve the problem.

3 - Try to hit Spacebar over the install boot option in Clover, then select "boot without caches". See if it loads mach_kernel. Then after it lots of dots are going to appear, each dot represents one kext loaded. Here, it froze every single time at the same dot - later, I discovered that all kexts were being loaded and then the following step of the boot wasn't being executed because of the problems above related. But it might work for you.

If you see what I said in number 3 (mach_kernel loads fine, and loading stops at the dots), then I suggest you to try this at first, because I strongly believe it will work: enter a Linux Live CD/USB and clone the OS X Install partition from the image you downloaded to an internal HDD partition (8GB is fine, formatted as HFS+). Then try to boot that instead of the one in the USB.

Mavericks 10.9.2 Retail

Hi,

I just have an odd question. Does anyone know the difference between this .raw image and if I just normally tried to install mavericks with the original clover boot loader? Besides the variety of uefi drivers, kexts, and plist, is there also something else fundamentally changed from this and a regular setup with 10.9 from the app store?

My reason for asking is that I tried to install with a regular setup with clover v2 2577 and stock copy of 10.9 onto a usb. I replaced it with my current kexts, drivers, and config.plist, yet it is not the same as booting from my current setup.

Kenny

I've asked that here once and they told me the image is retail, i.e. there are no modifications to the system. It does help though all of us who didn't have a Mac to set the things up in order to having one... Anyway, the reason why I asked was that I couldn't boot with my own prepared version. First I tried the method of using a single command to put the Install OS X.app to the pendrive. Then I could boot to the installation "phase 1", but never to the "phase 2". Later I tried the other harder method where you have to go inside the app contents, pick up some files, restore an image to a pendrive... And then I couldn't boot at all (later I discovered that this manual part made the installation go directly to phase 2, as actually what the phase 1 does is exactly copying some files over).

So... In the end, what was causing me errors was simply the Clover version. For some reason, in my particular laptop, Clover 2236 (the one installed in the 10.9 Olarila's image) works fine for booting from USB. More updated versions (I don't know since which one) can only boot from an internal HDD partition where I currently have the Mavericks install in case I want to reinstall.

I just noticed that I was telling my adventures to another user just one post above here lol

Mavericks 10.9.2 Retail

Hi, I have a laptop (Acer Aspire 7720G with Windows 8.1) and I download the RAW file. The MD5 is the same. I have a problem: in the BIOS I select the USB stick (8 gb) but it doesn't read it and the PC runs Windows 8.1. In the BIOS I select AHCI.

Can you help me?

hello

u can boot from usb ?

if so.. maybe the pen is not good

good hack

I boot from usb. it shows "_" and it starts Windows.

I use San Disk Cruzer 8gb.

I try to download the version 10.9.2?

I use the same USB pen to install Ubuntu in another PC

Hi

I've managed to boot the install program after patching my mach_kernel, but two things are weird :

the progress bars are super sped up.. And whenever I want to type something, the key I press appears like 10 times on the screen. Which made it very hard to type stuff.

But anyway, after the install was done, I replaced the kernel with the patched one and booted (via clover on the USB stick).

It crashes and reboots. If I select "boot without caches" I get this :

http://i.imgur.com/mHjqE5j.jpg

I can type stuff, but it doesn't do anything.

Did I forget something ? I could try some boot options (like cpus=1 ,etc.) but I really can't type anything it's driving me crazy...

I get the feeling this is related to my intel HD 4400. I might find a solution, but nobody on the internet is saying anything about this weird keyboard issue.

Do you have a solution for me ? :(

Edited by Guest

Try moving video kexts from single user mode like pointed in post #1 and boot without caches.

-Donations-

PayPal HERE - Stripe HERE - BuyMeaCoffee HERE - Mercado Livre HERE

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3

PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

Premium Users HERE - Problems with Paypal HERE

xcd5u2Y.png

Try moving video kexts from single user mode like pointed in post #1 and boot without caches.

The keyboard issue I mentioned makes it impossible for me to type so many lines.

Also, should I remove ALL the kexts ? Even the Intel ones ?

And finally, couldn't this be related ? http://www.niresh12495.com/page/apple/articles/how-to/intel-hd4000-and-haswell-igpu-r12

The Intel are the ones you should move (do not delete as you will need them later).

If keyboard doesn't work you can move them using TransMac from a Windows machine.

-Donations-

PayPal HERE - Stripe HERE - BuyMeaCoffee HERE - Mercado Livre HERE

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3

PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

Premium Users HERE - Problems with Paypal HERE

xcd5u2Y.png