iHackintosh_PT

OS X Mavericks 10.9.5 bootable USB for Intel

Dear staff, as I said, I repeated the whole procedure, .raw file written successfully on usb, then I booted with no modification other than adding cpus=1 in bootrags... this time it went a few further than lost time stuck screen (pic available at below link as Stuck1).. then I deleted kernel cache + \system\library\elements as suggested in opening post by the uploader.. Then I booted using various options (without caches, verbos mode etc), also by modifying boot args and without modifying it.. but now it sticks immediately showing Stuck2 screen (link is given below)...

Any guidance in this regard will be highly appreciated. Thanks.

Link for pics:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BwSmHUJNHwp0RWZvUkdwb0FtNm8&usp=sharing

PS: My system details also available in pics System1 and System2

I deleted kernel cache + \system\library\elements as suggested in opening post by the uploader..
Stuck2 is because you deleted too much inside system\libraries\extensions Only delete video drivers and/or exact drivers that you know are causing problems. Not everything inside and preferably no more than 1 driver at a time, in your case just the bluetooth driver maybe

To get past stuck1 try booting in safe mode: -x or maybe: -x -v npci=0x2000 cpus=1

Hi all!

After attempting several times to install Mavericks, I've reached a point that I cannot pass trough. These are the steps I followed (this is a mini tutorial I've created to install Mavericks on my Asus K55VD laptop).

0- Video kexts deleted from image in order to boot properly

1- Write image

2- Boot Installer from USB wihout flags

3- Install OS

4- Boot OS from USB with flags: -s

5- Move video kexts:

5.1- mount -uw /

5.2- cd /System/Library/Extensions

5.3- mkdir /kext_backup

5.4- mv AppleIntelHD* AppleIntelSNB* AppleIntelFramebuffer* AMDRadeon* ATI* GeForce* NVDA* kext_backup

5.5- touch ../Extensions

5.6- reboot

6- Configure OS and install:

6.1- Install Chameleon bootloader

6.2- Chamaleon Wizard:

6.2.1- Create /Extra folder

6.2.2- BOOT - GUI, Laptop, Graphics Mode (1366x768x32), Device Properties(*)

6.2.3- Duplicate org.chameleon.Boot.plist and rename to SMBios.plist

6.2.4- SMBIOS - MacBook Air (5,2) - Core i5/i7 (Ivy Bridge)

6.2.5- BOOT - SMBios.plist

6.3- Install multishit:

6.3.1- Graphics

6.3.1.1- Intel Graphics Patch for Mixed Configurations

6.3.2- Misc

6.3.2.1- ElliottForceLegacyRTC

6.3.2.2- EvOreboot

6.3.2.3- NullCPUPowerManagement

6.3.2.4- PS/2 Keyboard/Mice and Trackpads

6.3.2.5- USB 3.0 - Universal by Zenith432

6.3.3- Network

6.3.3.1- Realtek - Lnx2Mac's Realtek RTL81xx v0.0.90

6.3.4- Chimera v2.2.1

6.3.5- Chameleon Theme 2.2 Default

6.3.6- Install

7- Reboot and boot OS with flags: -v

(*)-5e0000000100000001000000520000000100000002010c00d041030a000000000101060000027fff04002c0000004100410050004c002c00690067002d0070006c006100740066006f0072006d002d006900640000000800000003006601

The device properties string is used to enable HD4000 graphics (I used it to enable them in Snow Leopard). The problem is that when everything is installed and I reboot my laptop (step 7), it get stucked at "missing bluetooth controller transport". I know this is due to video drivers but I deleted all of them. I've also avoided to install Graphics on step 6.3.1.1 but still get stucked there. On the Extensions folder there's no video kexts and entering in single user mode I cannot find anything relevant. I've also tried to boot with -x flag but no luck.

I suspect that the problem is the device properties string (I repeat that this string is the one I used with the installation of Snow Leopard and it worked very well) or the Graphics Mode that I set to 1366x768x32 (the laptop screen resolution) that in Snow Leopard was working as well.

Do someone have an idea of what I am missing or what can I do? I'm lost right now, I don't know anything else I can do to get it working. Any idea will be tested!

Thank you very much in advance!

Edited by Guest

Asus k55VD - Core™ i7 3670QM - Intel® Chief River Chipset HM76 - 6GB DDR3 RAM - Altec Lansing® - NVIDIA® GeForce® 610M with 2GB DDR3 VRAM and Intel HD Graphics 4000 - DUALBoot with Mavericks 10.9.5 and Windows 8.1 Pro

Stuck2 is because you deleted too much inside system\libraries\extensions Only delete video drivers and/or exact drivers that you know are causing problems. Not everything inside and preferably no more than 1 driver at a time, in your case just the bluetooth driver maybe

To get past stuck1 try booting in safe mode: -x or maybe: -x -v npci=0x2000 cpus=1

I repeated all again, delete kernel cache + bluetooth driver + video drivers as suggested by the uploader in 1st post (Intel), then I booted using various options but again stuck, at last one thing worked and I got past to Installer screen.

The option that worked was:

Change boot args to: -v npci=0x2000 cpus=1 _

point to be noted is that we not only have to add cpus=1 in bootargs but we need to add a space as well.

So now I am at installer screen, I know what to do here but problem is that touchpad isn't working. And on keyboard, only tab and space bar are working and they change only 2 options on installer screen, i.e. "continue" and the "back".

Any suggestion how can I get my touchpad working to use Disk Utility to format the partition where I wanna install Mavericks. Or how can I do it using keyboard...?

An early response would be highly appreciated. Thanks.

Do I need to add the driver for my touchpad in \system\library\extensions..?

I repeated all again, delete kernel cache + bluetooth driver + video drivers as suggested by the uploader in 1st post (Intel), then I booted using various options but again stuck, at last one thing worked and I got past to Installer screen.

The option that worked was:

Change boot args to: -v npci=0x2000 cpus=1 _

point to be noted is that we not only have to add cpus=1 in bootargs but we need to add a space as well.

So now I am at installer screen, I know what to do here but problem is that touchpad isn't working. And on keyboard, only tab and space bar are working and they change only 2 options on installer screen, i.e. "continue" and the "back".

Any suggestion how can I get my touchpad working to use Disk Utility to format the partition where I wanna install Mavericks. Or how can I do it using keyboard...?

An early response would be highly appreciated. Thanks.

Do I need to add the driver for my touchpad in \system\library\extensions..?

Yes you can add a kext in that folder in order to get touchpad working e.g PS/2 Keyboard/Mice and Trackpads from multishit (you can get it unzipping the file from Windows), but I'd suggest you to connect a USB mouse to avoid problems when booting the installer. And I think you don't need your keyboard if using a mouse to finish the installation.

Asus k55VD - Core™ i7 3670QM - Intel® Chief River Chipset HM76 - 6GB DDR3 RAM - Altec Lansing® - NVIDIA® GeForce® 610M with 2GB DDR3 VRAM and Intel HD Graphics 4000 - DUALBoot with Mavericks 10.9.5 and Windows 8.1 Pro

@KrLx_roller

thanks dear but unfortunately I can't arrange usb mouse right now. I would really appreciate if you kindly guide me with a bit of details as to where I can get the driver and how can I add it to required place to get things working.

Sorry if my stupid questions annoying you but I am a new one in these things and I need a bit detailed help. Thanks.

@KrLx_roller

thanks dear but unfortunately I can't arrange usb mouse right now. I would really appreciate if you kindly guide me with a bit of details as to where I can get the driver and how can I add it to required place to get things working.

Sorry if my stupid questions annoying you but I am a new one in these things and I need a bit detailed help. Thanks.

No problem at all. Try this:

0- Duplicate the RAW image in order to conserve the original file intact

1- Download TransMac for Windows and open the RAW image

2- In the left panel, you can explore the contents of the image and navigate to System/Library/Extensions

3- Once there, download this kext (from Olarila and the first post): http://Olarila.com/files/10.8/PS2/PS2_Voodoo.zip

4- Uncompress that ZIP and copy these 3 folders (Windows detect kexts as folders) AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext, VoodooPS2.prefPane and VoodooPS2Controller.kext to the RAW image opened with TransMac

5- Once done, write the new RAW image with new kexts on a USB drive and do whatever you did to get the install screen process ;)

This should work for you. Try it and tell us something :)

P.S: I'm neither a pro user about hackintosh, but after installing and reinstalling things, I've learnt something hahahah. Just try and fail, this is the way I learn :)

No problem at all. Try this:

0- Duplicate the RAW image in order to conserve the original file intact

1- Download TransMac for Windows and open the RAW image

2- In the left panel, you can explore the contents of the image and navigate to System/Library/Extensions

3- Once there, download this kext (from Olarila and the first post): http://Olarila.com/files/10.8/PS2/PS2_Voodoo.zip

4- Uncompress that ZIP and copy these 3 folders (Windows detect kexts as folders) AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext, VoodooPS2.prefPane and VoodooPS2Controller.kext to the RAW image opened with TransMac

5- Once done, write the new RAW image with new kexts on a USB drive and do whatever you did to get the install screen process ;)

This should work for you. Try it and tell us something :)

P.S: I'm neither a pro user about hackintosh, but after installing and reinstalling things, I've learnt something hahahah. Just try and fail, this is the way I learn :)

Thank you so much boss.. :)

I'm trying this and will let you know about the outcome in a while.. :)

@KrLx_roller

No progress boss.. Still stuck at installer screen.. Seems as if the added kexts have no impact at all.. Be sure I followed all instructions 100%..

Let me tell you something, following are present in the written image in \EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.9

--> AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext

--> VoodooPS2Controller.kext

--> VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext

--> VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext

Should I copy them to raw image in \system\library\extensions..???

or any other suggestion to get touchpad working or to use keyboard to open Disk Utility in OS X Installer screen..?

@KrLx_roller

No progress boss.. Still stuck at installer screen.. Seems as if the added kexts have no impact at all.. Be sure I followed all instructions 100%..

Let me tell you something, following are present in the written image in \EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.9

--> AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext

--> VoodooPS2Controller.kext

--> VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext

--> VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext

Should I copy them to raw image in \system\library\extensions..???

or any other suggestion to get touchpad working or to use keyboard to open Disk Utility in OS X Installer screen..?

I don't understand where did you copy the kexts... You have to open the RAW image with TransMac (a Windows program), then navigate to System/Library/Extensions inside the program and then you have to copy those touhcpad kexts (seen like folders in Windows) to that folder using the program. Once done this, rewrite the image and boot again.

If you still have problems, boot the USB installer in single user mode, then type by order:

mount -uw /

cd System/Library/Extensions

VoodooPS2T

Once you have written on the screen "VoodooPS2T" press the Tab key on the keyboard. If it automatically writes the entire name, it means that the kexts are there, and that will be a problem because if the kexts exists and the touchpad doesn't work, that means that your touchpad is incompatible with those kexts or something like this...

I think I cannot help you anymore, that's all the knowledge I have...

Hi all!

After attempting several times to install Mavericks, I've reached a point that I cannot pass trough. These are the steps I followed (this is a mini tutorial I've created to install Mavericks on my Asus K55VD laptop).

(*)-5e0000000100000001000000520000000100000002010c00d041030a000000000101060000027fff04002c0000004100410050004c002c00690067002d0070006c006100740066006f0072006d002d006900640000000800000003006601

The device properties string is used to enable HD4000 graphics (I used it to enable them in Snow Leopard). The problem is that when everything is installed and I reboot my laptop (step 7), it get stucked at "missing bluetooth controller transport". I know this is due to video drivers but I deleted all of them. I've also avoided to install Graphics on step 6.3.1.1 but still get stucked there. On the Extensions folder there's no video kexts and entering in single user mode I cannot find anything relevant. I've also tried to boot with -x flag but no luck.

I suspect that the problem is the device properties string (I repeat that this string is the one I used with the installation of Snow Leopard and it worked very well) or the Graphics Mode that I set to 1366x768x32 (the laptop screen resolution) that in Snow Leopard was working as well.

Do someone have an idea of what I am missing or what can I do? I'm lost right now, I don't know anything else I can do to get it working. Any idea will be tested!

Thank you very much in advance!

I've reinstalled everything avoiding the Graphics Mode and the Device Properties string and everything is working as expected... Do someone know how can I enable HD4000 graphics?

Like I said dear, I followed the instructions 100%.. Plz be sure of that.. I downloaded required file, uncompressed it, opened the duplicate of raw image using TransMac, navigated to \system\library\extensions, right clicked there and selected "copy here" and in pop-up window, I found out the uncompressed kexts (seen like folders in windows) and selected all three kexts that you suggested and they were successfully copied to \system\library\extensions and I saw all of them there in \system\library\extensions with my very own eys.

Then I formatted my usb and re-wrote with modified raw image and then booted successfully up to the installer screen but again stuck there as the touchpad was not working.

Now I am trying your new suggestion and will tell the outcome here after a while.

Thanks a lot for your kind cooperation.

PS: while searching for "keyboard / touchpad not working in OS X Installer screen", I found a guy with almost similar problem in a forum, someone there suggested that if it's not working in installer screen, it might be graphics problem, you should delete all graphics kexts. The guy with problem did so and responded that his problem is solved.

Then I myself navigated to \system\library\extensions in hunt for graphics kext but I could not understand how to determine which one is a graphic kext.

Any help in this regard will be appreciated.

If you are installing other PS/2 kexts in /System/Library/Extensions I think it's better to remove the ones from /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.9 or they may conflict.

An easier solution would be using an USB mouse for the install, you can find working PS/2 kexts for your trackpad later.

-Donations-

PayPal HERE - Stripe HERE - BuyMeaCoffee HERE - Mercado Livre HERE

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3

PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

Premium Users HERE - Problems with Paypal HERE

xcd5u2Y.png

If you are installing other PS/2 kexts in /System/Library/Extensions I think it's better to remove the ones from /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.9 or they may conflict.

An easier solution would be using an USB mouse for the install, you can find working PS/2 kexts for your trackpad later.

Thank you boss.. nice to see you.. I will follow your suggestions and tell here the outcome later.

Thanks all for kind cooperation.

hello

man u are joking ? ivy cpu with snow leopard ... hd 4000 .. no support

my advice read about u are trying to do .. read a lot

good hack

Keep calm. I meant Mountain Lion. Can't I be wrong? Nobody can tell me not to read because before asking I always google a lot, sometimes I don't find the solution and that's why forums exists, to share knowledge to others and to ask questions about a topic. Anyway I enabled Graphics Mode with the correct resolution of my laptop screen and I get a correct resolution.. Booting OK! :D The problem was with the Device Properties string I was using on Mountain Lion. Graphics aren't working, screen sometimes flicker and transitions are slow but for programming is enough.

Not working:

- Intel HD4000 Graphics (looking for a solution...)

- Touchpad (looking for a solution...)

- Wi-Fi (and it won't)

- Audio (looking for a solution...)

No tested:

- HDMI out

- VGA out

I think that's all. I'll keep searching and googling, as I always do because I want to learn, not only try other's answers.

Like I said dear, I followed the instructions 100%.. Plz be sure of that.. I downloaded required file, uncompressed it, opened the duplicate of raw image using TransMac, navigated to \system\library\extensions, right clicked there and selected "copy here" and in pop-up window, I found out the uncompressed kexts (seen like folders in windows) and selected all three kexts that you suggested and they were successfully copied to \system\library\extensions and I saw all of them there in \system\library\extensions with my very own eys.

Then I formatted my usb and re-wrote with modified raw image and then booted successfully up to the installer screen but again stuck there as the touchpad was not working.

Now I am trying your new suggestion and will tell the outcome here after a while.

Thanks a lot for your kind cooperation.

PS: while searching for "keyboard / touchpad not working in OS X Installer screen", I found a guy with almost similar problem in a forum, someone there suggested that if it's not working in installer screen, it might be graphics problem, you should delete all graphics kexts. The guy with problem did so and responded that his problem is solved.

Then I myself navigated to \system\library\extensions in hunt for graphics kext but I could not understand how to determine which one is a graphic kext.

Any help in this regard will be appreciated.

Hmmm... Try what @pernacabeluda say... About deleting video kexts: I had a problem with video kexts that I wasn't able to boot. After searching a lil' bit, I found out to different versions of deleting or moving them and I 'created' my own. Here it is (write line by line):

(boot in single user mode)

mount -uw /

cd /System/Library/Extensions

mkdir /kext_backup

mv AppleIntelHD* AppleIntelSNB* AppleIntelFramebuffer* AMDRadeon* ATI* GeForce* NVDA* kext_backup

touch ../Extensions

reboot

This way you are creating a backup folder and move all video related kexts to it, so that they won't be loaded. Try it and tell us something! :)

Hmmm... Try what @pernacabeluda say... About deleting video kexts: I had a problem with video kexts that I wasn't able to boot. After searching a lil' bit, I found out to different versions of deleting or moving them and I 'created' my own. Here it is (write line by line):

(boot in single user mode)

mount -uw /

cd /System/Library/Extensions

mkdir /kext_backup

mv AppleIntelHD* AppleIntelSNB* AppleIntelFramebuffer* AMDRadeon* ATI* GeForce* NVDA* kext_backup

touch ../Extensions

reboot

This way you are creating a backup folder and move all video related kexts to it, so that they won't be loaded. Try it and tell us something! :)

I am sorry for annoying questions but I am unable to understand where should I write those commands..?

plz explain with a bit more simplicity..

Regarding what Mr @pernacabeluda suggested, I wanna inform you that I tried it but it did not work..

I dont know much, You guys can see my system details in earlier given my pics link and may be you could be able to tell me whether there is any compatibility or support issue of my hardware or something.

Meanwhile, I tried to get kexts for my hardware from very this website, I was required to download and install SystemInfo like program for windows, I did it and opened it but it was not showing any device,, just showing blank screen..

Further suggestions needed plz... Thanks a lot...

PS: I GUESS BEST HELP FOR ME WOULD BE TO GUIDE ME TO GET KEXTS FOR MY HARDWARE. I'VE GOOGLED IT BUT NO PROGRESS SO FAR.

I ALSO DONT SEE ANY OF FOLLOWING IN MY SYSTEM\LIBRARY\EXTENSIONS;

AMDRadeon*

ATI*

GeForce*

OTHER ONES APPEAR THERE AND I DELETE THEM TO BOOT PROPERLY.

Having the same problem as reported by other:

Install does not see my Hard Drive .

Board: Intel DX58SO

i7-920

6GB Ram

Drive is 250GB SATA on SATA Port 0

Drive formated to HFS+ with diskpart

Installation and Disk utilities do not see the hard drive. It is recognized in the BIOS.

Any ideas?

Thamks

Edit: Solved by changing to AHCI in BIOS

Hi guys,

First post here :D

I've downloaded the raw image and copied it onto my USB Stick.

I can successfully boot into Clover, but when i try to launch the install partition (= the USB stick actually), it reboots right after displaying "root uuid is xxxxxxxxxxxxx" (where xxx are the uuid). After the reboot it returns directly into Clover.

Please note that i'm booting the PC in UEFI mode, since Legacy bios mode doesn't see my drives at all (keeps saying No operating system found).

My computer is a Sony Vaio Pro (Haswell) with Windows 8.1 installed, and several small partitions containing UEFI and Recovery files).

Is there a solution for my case ?

Many thanks in advance for your replies, and many thanks for your work in the Hackintosh community !

Hi,

try using this mach_kernel

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/293503-haswell-early-reboot-mavericks-locked-msrs-and-hp-envy-15-j063cl-i7-4700mq/

Replace using TransMac and boot without caches (press space bar).

-Donations-

PayPal HERE - Stripe HERE - BuyMeaCoffee HERE - Mercado Livre HERE

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3

PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

Premium Users HERE - Problems with Paypal HERE

xcd5u2Y.png