xsmile

ASUS P8Z77-V LK

I had this too sometimes and wasn't sure if I should mention it. After applying the AppleRTC patch it didn't happen anymore.

This was before I modified my DSDT though; it is possible the patch is obsolete with the edits.

Nevertheless I kept the setting in Clover as it shouldn't have any disadvantages.

10.9 @ Asus P8Z77-V LK [ALC892, ASM1042, RTL8168], Core i5-3570k, XFX HD 7870

After it recognized the GPU on slot-1, I really gave up since I've waisted like 4 straight days only trying to make it work when I get it working it stop working after a couple of reboots, if I read the DSDT with DSDT editor it comes out with errors w/o adding patches or anything, I appreciate your help very much, maybe ill try again later

i was able to boot and sleep/wake w/o any issues for now , i thing the problem on boot is if i set the bios video to PCIE it doesnt work , it has to be AUTO for sme reason , my DSDT is showing errors w/o any edit , i just read it with DSDT editor and shows errors and if i apply a patch and try to use the modified DSDT it just hangs

1475305856_ScreenShot2013-02-03at2_12_01PM.thumb.png.02a2e6ffbd27bc47b73d84bfce3b6e06.png

I can boot with the PCIE setting but you have to inject the framebuffer either with Chameleon or via DSDT.

The ACPI tables including DSDT you can extract from your BIOS were made with a compiler from 2005 so some things might be interpreted differently now and it is not guaranteed to be completely bug free either.

Try to set it to PCIE and disable Virtu MVP so only the AMD card is enabled.

Where does it hang exactly? Do you see any errors?

Yes: ssdt-0.aml, ssdt-1.aml. Don't drop existing SSDTs in Chameleon.

They are for the i5-3570k and will enable the turbo state of 3,8GHz if you use the iMac13,1 SMBIOS.

hey xsmile. is it possible I give you my phone number or use a chatting program and you have a give walk-through with my build. its a p8z77-v lk with a i7 3770. the sleep doesn't work and usb 3.0 doesn't work. also i am a noob at flashing the rom with the patched dsdt. i am willing to pay you money through paypal, money order, whatever...

i wanna wait until the official 10.8.3 comes out and then i could try it.

You don't have to pay anything. While 10.8.3 is developed you should read through the threads I linked in the first post and get an idea of how things work.

It really isn't hard and the Z77 boards are very compatible to Mac in first place anyway.

i haven't flashed the bios. its stock 0904. it would be sweet if i could get native uefi boot through clover. have you been able to do it, yourself? i'm assuming i would need to wait until 10.8.3 is out to get sleep working. because you were saying that it didn't work for you with 10.8.2.

i'm using the AppleACPIPlatform and appleintelcpupowermanagement kexts and the chimera bootloader (1.11.1 (i'm not sure- the one that comes with multishit 5.2)

I'm using it with UEFI now and it seems stable but I didn't test long enough yet. I don't know which video card you are using but it will work with the integrated HD4000 as it got UEFI GOP support.

Can't help you with the setup though as I use a Radeon HD 7870.

Personally I would not use multishit but instead install all extensions by yourself.

It is possible Sleep works with 10.8.2 and the modified DSDT, I didn't test it.

Correct. Additionally a modified ATI7000Controller to get more ports working.

It's actually very easy. Get a BIOS file from asus.com and use PMPatch to modify it.

In the end use FTKToolkit - read section 5.2 on http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1726429 - to flash the new modified BIOS.

That should be all.

PS: Edited the first post and added a link to the FTK Toolkit.

You should read this post: http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2428&st=240&p=18682entry18682

Basically test it on a thumb drive first. When you get it working, copy the files to your EFI partition. No need for any boot sectors with UEFI.

In drivers64UEFI you need to have:

- OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi (actually don't know what that one does)

- OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi (is needed for Aptio UEFI boards like ours)

- HFSPlus-64.efi

Important: slide=0 in the boot arguments. Otherwise you won't be able to boot Mac.

drivers32 and drivers64 are not used in UEFI mode, you may as well delete them both.

That's how my config file currently looks like:

clovera4jsz.jpg

You can find the driver here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/282787-clover-v2-instructions/#entry1852894

Use DSDT Editor from the link section. You don't need to integrate the DSDT back into the BIOS. Clover (and other bootloaders) can drop the old table and use your modified one instead.

i didn't use the hfs driver and the os boots up to a kernel panic regarding the power managment. i'm assuming stock clover comes with the driver, otherwise it wouldn't see the kernel files. also can i drop clover inside the "hidden" fat32 partition that gpt creates, or must i manually make a efi partition on my hdd?