xsmile

ASUS P8Z77-V LK

Yes. It just needs to patch the PowerManagement module and this was done and logged in the first line.

Read this: http://www.applelife.ru/threads/%D0%9F%D0%B0%D1%82%D1%87-%D0%91%D0%B8%D0%BE%D1%81%D0%B0-uefi-%D0%A1%D0%B5%D1%80%D0%B8%D0%B8-%D0%90sus-p8xxx.34578/page-15#post-314986

10.9 @ Asus P8Z77-V LK [ALC892, ASM1042, RTL8168], Core i5-3570k, XFX HD 7870

Hi, first I wanna thank you for the thread, I have basically the same set up as you but I'm kinda noob on this, I'm running 10.8.3 and I also have a Hd 7870, I'm using cover rl1050 since for some reason chameleon don't wanna work for me, I installed the patches bios too but my sleep doesn't work, I get the same black screen as you but later I started getting a white screen,, I tried to follow thishttp://rampagedev.wordpress.com/2012/12/04/about-amd-7970-working-with-full-qe/ but I'm clueless, any help will be appreciated

Hi xalucardx,

currently there is no fix for the white screen. The only workaround is to go into Sleep Mode and Wake again on each reboot to get output. Black or white screen is just a matter of resolution I think.

You should try which framebuffer works for you by using Clover. Usually Aji or Chutoro will do. Then you can add it to your DSDT yourself, if you want. I attached a patch which is compatible with the device names I use in my DSDT (PEG0/GFX0 instead of PEG0/PEGP). You will have to change the framebuffer name for each port you got.

Additionally you might want to try these SSDT files for the 3570k. Turn off any "generate c/p-state" options and do not drop existing tables in Clover. Also use iMac13,1 in your SMBIOS.

They should enable turbo and C-States.

Have you tried resetting the CMOS after flashing the BIOS? Which DSDT do you use? Can you post your Clover config?

patch_7870.zip

ssdt_3570k.zip

the only change i did to the clover config was to disable GraphicsEnabler , i posted the config and my dsdt, i also reseted cmos after the bios update , i can only boot with -x and for some reason my sleep its not working

*edit* got it working ,i was stupid enough to forger to zip the files

config.rar

DSDT.rar

Edited by Guest

I don't see the files, you must click "add the file" after choosing the filename.

Sleep is probably not working because you are in safe mode.

Try enabling GraphicsEnabler and experiment with FBConfig. For me "Aji" worked with the DVI port.

Are you using the exact same file you uploaded? If yes, it is invalid - you must compile it with DSDT Editor first. You can't just change the file ending from .dsl to .aml.

Also turn off the DSDT patches of Clover as you don't need them.

Which card version have you got? The original from AMD?

Ok now i got a new problem.... now im getting a drm problem at boot and can only boot on save boot with the Intel 4000 , here i posted now 2 dsdt , one clean and the other one is parched with DTGP , deleted clover and installed again still getting the drm issue , im gonna browse thru the settings to see if i got something wrong there. thanks alot for your help

*edit* I just found one of my issues, AppleHDADrivers somehow was preventing the OS from booting, also changed to chameleon enoch rev2171

dsdts.zip

What issues do you have now? Is Sleep working?

Regarding the white screen: You can indeed use the HD4000 as primary device to avoid it, but you won't be able to see the boot screen.

I can't help you here though, I don't use this method.

PS: The DTGP method is just a helper method for other modifications. It won't change anything if you add it alone.

I was able to fix the booting problem I had with the Hd4000 w/ GE=yes but sleep its not working :cry: I double check the bios settings, I got is as iMac 13,1 and the only boot options I got enable is the ethernet, resolution and GE=yes, I don't know if I should reinstall and start over? Could it be a problem caused by the fact I'm using HDMI? This thing got me scratching my head lol

Don't reinstall, it will be a waste of time. Glad you got the IGPU working.

You are using 10.8.3, right?

Try to use the DSDT I attached to the first post. Modify the "SystemMemory" lines, compile it and place it as /Extra/DSDT.aml. It should be about 40kb in size in the end.

This is normal and not related to Sleep.

If you are using patched extensions to enable Sleep or power management, revert back to the original Apple versions.

They include AppleACPIPlatform, AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement, NullCPUPowerManagement.

Can you post your boot.log? I think Chameleon places it in the root of the volume.

here the boot.log meanwhile ill try to deal with a new issue... suddenly it stoped working again...

*edit* i reinstalled and now i can boot normaly with Intell HD 4000

The only things installed so far:

Ethernet kext

Chameleon Enoch rv2170

HW Monitor in you OP

Stock DSDT

OS is 10.8.3 (12D61)

Next I'll do is edit your DSDT again with my memory values then upload both boot logs

To load a framebuffer you can use Chameleon's AtiConfig option or alternatively you put it in the DSDT with the patch I posted earlier.

You can see what exactly gets loaded with IORegistryExplorer. Open the path PCI0:PEG0:GFX0(/PEGP) and you will see the recognized ports as @0 to @n with the name of the framebuffer in them.

The audio assertion messages are normal. Can you boot with the original AppleHDA from 10.8.3?

Please attach the boot logs :P

Ok i found what the issue is and is no other than the DVI, if i boot and as soon as the screen goes black i unplug the dvi and then sleep works, plug the dvi back and the it wakes up and i get video , if i leave the dvi plugged in sleep doesn't work instead of waking up is restarts, i still cant find the boot log you told me ,FB appears to be loaded i added bdmesg and IOService

*edited*

IOService.zip

dbmesg.zip

This behavior is new to me.

bdmesg is what I was looking for.

Here some parts of it:

Please specify 96, 64, or 32MB RAM for the HD4000 in the bios.
The selected 16MB RAM configuration is not supported for the  HD4000.

I guess it's better to change it.

SystemInformation:
manufacturer: Apple Inc.
productName: MacBookPro10,1

I see you got MacBookPro setup in your SMBIOS. This might not be the optimal choice as Mac loads different drivers according to the SMBIOS preferences.

Use Chameleon Wizard to create an iMac13,1 smbios.plist and place it into /Extra - this is what I have found to be working well.

Can you type "sudo dmesg" after a reboot into Terminal and attach the output?