xsmile

ASUS P8Z77-V LK

i boot with -s and got to command prompt . however, i cant use keyboard at all. idk whether it froze or keyboard didnt work.

here is screenshoot of it

2r3bihe.jpg

i guess there is no other option to remove those two kexts. i will do a fresh installation again tomorrow

it is late now so i guess i will sleep .

have a good night everyone.

thank you so much. Mirone, xsmile

Happy New Year

could someone please tell me how to flash rom from dos. i use DPCIManager to flash, the log say VERIFIED ( i guess it successfully flashed) but when i reboot i cant get into main screen . here is the screenshoot of it

21l4tv8.jpg

so i boot to safemode and install AppleIntelCPUmanagment.kext and AppleACPIPlatform.kext.

thankyou

could someone please tell me how to flash rom from dos. i use DPCIManager to flash, the log say VERIFIED ( i guess it successfully flashed) but when i reboot i cant get into main screen . here is the screenshoot of it

21l4tv8.jpg

so i boot to safemode and install AppleIntelCPUmanagment.kext and AppleACPIPlatform.kext.

thankyou

I do not understand your doubts.

btn_donate_SM.gif

Hi mirone

when i flash my board with modified rom, it should remove the requirement of appleIntelCPUmanagment.kext and AppleACPIPlatform.kext. however, even after successfully flash (using DCPIManagment), i still cant get into main screen of Mountain Lion. The verbose shows that it still requires those kexts. is that rite? cuz when i install those 2 kexts, i can boot to mountain lion => DCPIManagement didn't successfully flash the modified rom

so i wonder if you could show me how to flash the mobbed rom in dos. maybe it would succeed

maybe i should not ask it here , im sorry about

so now i have hackintosh runing now. Can you help me with those USB3 at the back panel of cpu again. thankyou so much

@xsmile:

are those 2 usb3 are from intel / ASM1042 USB3? or all 4 of them?

maybe i should not ask it here , im sorry about

so now i have hackintosh runing now. Can you help me with those USB3 at the back panel of cpu again. thankyou so much

@xsmile:

are those 2 usb3 are from intel / ASM1042 USB3? or all 4 of them?

I have the same chip asmedia 1042 and use the kexts I sent

work perfectly.

btn_donate_SM.gif

@Mirone:

The weird thing is the 2 kexts work if I load them via Terminal after ML is booted.

If they are in /S/L/E, the system does not boot.

I couldn't find anything suspicious in the logs yet.

@irex01:

Did you do a CMOS reset after flashing the modified rom?

It will erase the BIOS settings though, you will have to adjust them again if you need.

Can you post a screenshot of the DCPIManager flashrom log window? I just want to make sure it was really modified.

Its just the 2 of them near the Ethernet port. The rest is all Intel and works natively.

PS: Please use thumbnails for your screenshots. It will make your posts more clear.

Use imageshack.us for example.

Edited by Guest

10.9 @ Asus P8Z77-V LK [ALC892, ASM1042, RTL8168], Core i5-3570k, XFX HD 7870

@Mirone:

The weird thing is the 2 kexts work if I load them via Terminal after ML is booted.

If they are in /S/L/E, the system does not boot.

I couldn't find anything suspicious in the logs yet.

@irex01:

Did you do a CMOS reset after flashing the modified rom?

It will erase the BIOS settings though, you will have to adjust them again if you need.

Can you post a screenshot of the DCPIManager flashrom log window? I just want to make sure it was really modified.

Its just the 2 of them near the Ethernet port. The rest is all Intel and works natively.

repaired the permissions and rebuilt caches?

btn_donate_SM.gif

hi!

here is the log from DCPIManager

screenshot20130102at112.png

screenshot20130102at113.png

@mirone

i duno what wrong to my board, when i use kexts u send to me yesterday, Upon on reboot, system froze or occurred strange thing

after reboot, output of HD4000 port like this

img4619sb.jpg

while AMD6850 is fine,

i dunno what happen

The flash process looks good indeed.

Do a CMOS reset and try to use the native power management.

Can you please load the two ASMedia kexsts manually via Terminal with:

sudo kextload -v "path-to-kext"

and use the ports?

10.9 @ Asus P8Z77-V LK [ALC892, ASM1042, RTL8168], Core i5-3570k, XFX HD 7870

i did cmos reset then set everything back, but then i got those overlap screen on HD4000 port which i dont know why it happens.

i try to load Mirone's kext and got error:

screenshot20130102at115.png

i use keykext utility to load these2 keys but still unable to use those 2 usb3 port, i tested the rest usb port. they are work

but for some reason, when i plug usb drive(usb2.0) to usb3 intel port, they r not load but external HD

Thanks.

PS: btw, how do i use native power management?

PS: now i just realize that sleep doesnt work