xsmile

ASUS P8Z77-V LK

As long as it starts booting, you should be fine.

You should use the hidden fat32 partition. Windows also stores its bootloader there for instance.

You can try doing a CMOS reset to be sure the modified BIOS gets initialized completely.

I guess you are trying to use the original power management files now? Make sure you don't have any patched extensions left like NullCPUPowerManagement.

Which extension causes the KP?

10.9 @ Asus P8Z77-V LK [ALC892, ASM1042, RTL8168], Core i5-3570k, XFX HD 7870

Did you try to use it with administrative rights? If it still fails, you should report is as a bug in the PMPatch thread.

Anyway, I assume you got the P8Z77-V LK and not the P8Z77-V LK2:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/uzxhbo

Download the extensions yourself, you just need to visit each site and find the download link.

I did not make a ready-to-go package because new versions of these tools - especially of HWSensors - are made very often.

If you got any question on how to modify or install them, feel free to ask.

Marginal note: I found the AppleHDA from current multishit working very well. You should use it if possible and change "layout-id" of device HDEF to 1 in DSDT (0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00).

I've seen many threads reporting success with the HD4000, you should be able to do it.

Also I would recommend you to have a working system before trying Clover UEFI. That way you will know what problems it causes and which not.

If you haven't got windows, create a thumb drive with DOS and do it from there.

I advise you to check the ROMs you download as they can contain the serial number, MAC address and other things of the people who uploaded them. When you flash such a ROM you will lose your own data.

EDIT:

What should theoretically work is you upload your dcpimanager rom which should be able to be modified with PMPatch and you can flash it back.

It will contain your serial numbers which won't be a problem.

If you got no patched kext in your Extensions folder, then it works.

Also remove NullCPUPowerMagagement and others you may have installed to patch power management.

If it doesn't work, Mac won't boot and you will see a message saying something about power management.

i downloaded this http://Olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2197

the installer doesn't launch under clover. under chameleon is launches, but i wanna use clover when im done with the install. you think you could DL the same link and then try it on your computer and tell me why it doesn't work on mine. i'm sure its some pesky bootloader setting or a kext.

You should just install with Chameleon and switch to Clover after you get a running system.

I already told you to test Clover on a thumb drive first so you find out the settings you need.

To make it simpler can I not install the boot loader at all and use chameleon from the USB until I use clover? Ok right now I have two issues. To change the system model to iMac 13,1 and get dsdt working. Can I attach my dsdt so you take a look at it? Chameleon is having the same problem as clover. In non-safe mode the boot freezes just before the GUI. I already installed fakesmc, so according to you I should have a bootable system in non-safe mode, right.

Theoretically you can but it just makes the whole process more complicated.

Do you see any error messages in verbose mode (-v) ?

Safe mode avoids loading additional extensions but as you installed only the FakeSMC, it must be some Apple extension.

Most probably the freeze is related to the video card. I guess now is the point to make it work. :?

Don't you have any dedicated video card?

Safe mode is a good start though.

Leave the DSDT aside for now, unless you make any edits that are directly related to the freeze.

Also SMBIOS; you can set it up when you can boot normally.

i get some error about cpu not being supported, but i think that's related to the system model being imac 12,1 not 13,1. the spot is just before the login screen should happen. it's probably related to graphics. can you tell me what could be causing this problem?

If it's "this is an unknown CPU model ..", you can ignore it. It is not an error.

I can only tell you that it is probably he HD4000. I can't help you with this as I never set it up myself.

Your best chance is to find some tutorial and if you don't succeed, open a new thread with the issue.

thats because your CPU doesn't support it.

i propose putting this patch as a boot option in multi beast. i wasted a week of my life on that single issue, hopefully some guy who had the same problem answered.

i want to get the usb 3.0s in the back working with 2.0 backcompat. if i zip you the extracted dsdt. will you patch it for me? pretty please :D