ru379

[Succes] macOS Big Sur OpenCore EFI for Acer Nitro 5 AN515-52-5336

Just now, Bruno Santana said:

I did. I used this repo (https://github.com/nerdynikhil/Acer-Nitro-5-AN515-52-593F-OpenCore-Hackintosh/tree/main/EFI) as base and then changed a few things on the config.plist.
Namely:
SecureBootModel to Disabled

Vault to Optional

I changed a few more things to my liking and updated a few kexts (not all, because some will break it), but these were minor tweaks and you should go from here. If it boots, I can share what else I did / updated with you.

No worries regarding your English, I'm Portuguese. Soy tu hermano.

The changes I did were to make it work with Big Sur.

Also, after you're done installing, you should disable both Gatekeeper and SIP, which is something I did.

I can tell you how, if you are able to boot with Wifi without Heliport.

I just reinstalled it again and it's working perfectly.

Thanks for sharing your EFI folder and everything you have told me, I will try it later as I have several things to do right now.

When I try it I'll tell you if everything works.

Just now, Bruno Santana said:

I did. I used this repo (https://github.com/nerdynikhil/Acer-Nitro-5-AN515-52-593F-OpenCore-Hackintosh/tree/main/EFI) as base and then changed a few things on the config.plist.
Namely:
SecureBootModel to Disabled

Vault to Optional

I changed a few more things to my liking and updated a few kexts (not all, because some will break it), but these were minor tweaks and you should go from here. If it boots, I can share what else I did / updated with you.

No worries regarding your English, I'm Portuguese. Soy tu hermano.

The changes I did were to make it work with Big Sur.

Also, after you're done installing, you should disable both Gatekeeper and SIP, which is something I did.

I can tell you how, if you are able to boot with Wifi without Heliport.

I just reinstalled it again and it's working perfectly.

I tried the EFI folder but it doens't boot, it appears the apple logo and the bar loading mostly full but it restarts seconds after selecting my hard drive with macOS Big Sur. Please can you share your whole EFI folder with all the changes that you have mentined before?

good morning 
i have a nitro 5 an517-51
 and the versions and efi for an515-51 
are not working from the error when it will
 start to load i found one that is at least
 reaching the installation part but no ssd
 is recognized to show all devices only
 appears the pen drive how to proceed in
 this case my nitro 5 and the version
 with 1650 despite not working on 
hackintosh and 17 screen with 9300h
Edited by dieggo

16 hours ago, ru379 said:

I tried the EFI folder but it doens't boot, it appears the apple logo and the bar loading mostly full but it restarts seconds after selecting my hard drive with macOS Big Sur. Please can you share your whole EFI folder with all the changes that you have mentined before?

That seems weird.

Are you sure you edited the config.plist or did you just went ahead and used that one as was?

Anyway, I can share my work, no worries.

I need to drop a link to the uploaded file on my GoogleDrive, because it's too big to upload here.

I've added a password, just to make sure it's not deleted by Google.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lKfEgnnOvd6T_S1ogjj9BCPlFoHSbf1Y/view?usp=sharing

The password (which is also included in the filename itself) is:

I should point out that I used the Vanilla Pre-Made Image from Olarila itself and just replaced the EFI folder on the .raw image.

BigSur 11.3

https://www.olarila.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=35258

55 minutes ago, dieggo said:

good morning 
i have a nitro 5 an517-51
 and the versions and efi for an515-51 
are not working from the error when it will
 start to load i found one that is at least
 reaching the installation part but no ssd
 is recognized to show all devices only
 appears the pen drive how to proceed in
 this case my nitro 5 and the version
 with 1650 despite not working on 
hackintosh and 17 screen with 9300h

Maybe this can help you.

https://github.com/SaeedHaidar/Nitro-5-an517-51-Hackintosh

Good luck.

2 hours ago, Bruno Santana said:

That seems weird.

Are you sure you edited the config.plist or did you just went ahead and used that one as was?

Anyway, I can share my work, no worries.

I need to drop a link to the uploaded file on my GoogleDrive, because it's too big to upload here.

I've added a password, just to make sure it's not deleted by Google.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lKfEgnnOvd6T_S1ogjj9BCPlFoHSbf1Y/view?usp=sharing

The password (which is also included in the filename itself) is:

I should point out that I used the Vanilla Pre-Made Image from Olarila itself and just replaced the EFI folder on the .raw image.

BigSur 11.3

https://www.olarila.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=35258 125.86 kB · 1,370 downloads

Maybe this can help you.

Good luck.

Thaks a lot for all the information that you gave to me, I'll try your EFI and I had the same problem as you when I try to upload files here and I have to use google drive or easy upload don't worry.

I used the pre-made raw image too to install macOS Big Sur too, I think is the best way if you don't have a real mac even if you have one, the pre-made images are very useful, because you don't have to download macOS from apple's slow servers

43 minutes ago, ru379 said:

Thaks a lot for all the information that you gave to me, I'll try your EFI and I had the same problem as you when I try to upload files here and I have to use google drive or easy upload don't worry.

I used the pre-made raw image too to install macOS Big Sur too, I think is the best way if you don't have a real mac even if you have one, the pre-made images are very useful, because you don't have to download macOS from apple's slow servers

Ok, no worries.

You're welcome.

Also, I need to point out that I only mentioned what I used so you'd know exactly what I did.
Remember, use the Vanilla pre-made from here and replace the EFI folder from within the .raw image (or convert it to .img, which is what I did).

I was merely trying to explain my procedure.

Don't use the EFI that comes inside the .raw BigSur image here.

You need to replace it using whatever tools you prefer.

I used PowerISO.

I converted to img first and then opened the image again with PowerISO and replaced the EFI folder (in the EFI partition of the .img) and saved it.

Then flashed to a USB 3.0 flash drive using Balena Etcher.

NOTE:

I could have edited the .raw directly, but there is a small bug in PowerISO when it comes to .raw that implies you open the drop-down menu of the partitions and click on the other one before you can edit anything on the EFI partition of the .raw.

And also, you can't delete the EFI folder or the BOOT folder alltogether without first renaming them or PowerISO will crash.

So, to avoid doing those workarounds, I converted to .img first and from there I replaced what I wanted.

You can also flash the .raw as it is with BalenaEtcher and once it's done, remove and reinsert the USB on your PC and use both MiniTool Partition Wizard and Explorer++ to show your USB EFI partition and move files in and out (with Explorer++).

Cheers.

1 hour ago, Bruno Santana said:

Ok, no worries.

You're welcome.

Also, I need to point out that I only mentioned what I used so you'd know exactly what I did.
Remember, use the Vanilla pre-made from here and replace the EFI folder from within the .raw image (or convert it to .img, which is what I did).

I used PowerISO.

I converted to img first and then opened the image again with PowerISO and replaced the EFI folder (in the EFI partition of the .img) and saved it.

NOTE:

I could have edited the .raw directly, but there is a small bug in PowerISO when it comes to .raw that implies you open the drop-down menu of the partitions and click on the other one before you can edit anything on the EFI partition of the .raw.

And also, you can't delete the EFI folder or the BOOT folder alltogether without first renaming them or PowerISO will crash.

So, to avoid doing those workarounds, I converted to .img first and from there I replaced what I wanted.

You can also flash the .raw as it is with BalenaEtcher and once it's done, remove and reinsert the USB on your PC and use both MiniTool Partition Wizard and Explorer++ to show your USB EFI partition and move files in and out (with Explorer++).

Cheers.

I think there is a confusion, I have already installed macOS Big Sur on my hard drive with the pre-made image, everything works except some problems that I have had and you told me that you have solved like how to use the WiFi without HeliPort or use the touchpad in advanced mode.
Anyway I thank you again for sharing your EFI folder, in fact I am going to test it right now since I have not had time until now.

2 hours ago, Bruno Santana said:

Ok, no worries.

You're welcome.

I used PowerISO.

NOTE:

Cheers.

I just tested your EFI folder and I don't know how you did it but it starts much faster than my EFI folder, thank you very much for sharing it.
PS: The touchpad works in advanced mode and the WiFi works without Heliport thank you very much.

1 hour ago, ru379 said:

I think there is a confusion, I have already installed macOS Big Sur on my hard drive with the pre-made image, everything works except some problems that I have had and you told me that you have solved like how to use the WiFi without HeliPort or use the touchpad in advanced mode.
Anyway I thank you again for sharing your EFI folder, in fact I am going to test it right now since I have not had time until now.

I just tested your EFI folder and I don't know how you did it but it starts much faster than my EFI folder, thank you very much for sharing it.
PS: The touchpad works in advanced mode and the WiFi works without Heliport thank you very much.

Oh, that's Ok.

I just assumed you were gonna install fresh, which is what I did.

lol

You're welcome, then.

Enjoy your newly all-functional Hackintosh.

1 hour ago, Bruno Santana said:

Oh, that's Ok.

I just assumed you were gonna install fresh, which is what I did.

lol

You're welcome, then.

Enjoy your newly all-functional Hackintosh.

Of course, thanks again.

On 5/6/2021 at 7:21 AM, Bruno Santana said:

Isso parece estranho.

Tem certeza que editou o config.plist ou foi em frente e usou esse como estava?

De qualquer forma, posso compartilhar meu trabalho, sem preocupações.

Preciso deixar cair um link para o arquivo carregado no meu GoogleDrive, porque é muito grande para carregar aqui.

Eu adicionei uma senha, apenas para ter certeza de que não é excluída pelo Google.

A senha (que também está incluída no próprio nome de arquivo) é:

Devo salientar que usei a imagem pré-feita de baunilha da própria Olarila e apenas substituí a pasta EFI na imagem .raw.

BigSur 11.3

https://www.olarila.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=35258Buscando informações...

Talvez isso possa ajudá-lo.

Boa sorte.

hello, could you share your EFI download link again, gdrive is not working anymore, thank you.

On 10/13/2021 at 11:08 PM, Alex Ordaya Flores said:

Hola compañeros pudieron solucionarlo justamente estoy planeando usar Hackintosh y bueno tenga la misma pc que ustedes y si me podrían hacer le favor de proporcionarme sus EFI.Muchas gracias!

Hola me sorprende encontrar a alguien que hable español, te paso mi carpeta EFI aunque ahora recientemente dejo de arrancar y estoy tratando de averiguar por qué.

https://easyupload.io/flgdh2

• Administrators
On 10/29/2021 at 4:40 PM, ru379 said:

dejo de arrancar

test this efi folder

-Donations-

PayPal HERE - Stripe HERE - Ko-Fi HERE - BuyMeaCoffee HERE - Mercado Livre HERE

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3 - BNB 0x10D1d656eCa00bD521f9b4A43B83098B8142e115 - USDT BSC BEP20 0xb57cfdfa371fad1981910f0e8332409ab99f74d9 - USDT TRC20 TUR6Z9AVS4AYzqPnULoHrfFvppRbhXmNbZ - KASPA kaspa:qpxzufgfj8p6r0krg58yzvs0009h2mwqgvcawa0xc2pth7sgzpv56j4f6dtvk - PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

Premium Users HERE - Problems with Paypal HERE

xcd5u2Y.png

New ways to earn money with Linkvertise HERE

• Administrators
2 hours ago, ru379 said:

Kernel panic when booting

post one photo in error screen

-Donations-

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3 - BNB 0x10D1d656eCa00bD521f9b4A43B83098B8142e115 - USDT BSC BEP20 0xb57cfdfa371fad1981910f0e8332409ab99f74d9 - USDT TRC20 TUR6Z9AVS4AYzqPnULoHrfFvppRbhXmNbZ - KASPA kaspa:qpxzufgfj8p6r0krg58yzvs0009h2mwqgvcawa0xc2pth7sgzpv56j4f6dtvk - PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

xcd5u2Y.png

1 hour ago, Domenico Brindisi said:

So…everything is working? What are the things that doesn’t work?

In my case, Wi-Fi and touchpad are not working (I will try to fix them) and I didn't check bluetooth because I have to study. 

• Administrators
3 hours ago, ru379 said:

It booted, the problem was that I connected the USB to the USB 3.0 port. It was my fault.

Post one Full Dump with Ioreg.
https://www.olarila.com/topic/10301-olarila-runme-dumper/
https://olarila.com/files/Utils/RunMe.app.zip
https://olarila.com/files/Utils/IORegistryExplorer.app.zip

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png

• Administrators
13 minutes ago, ru379 said:

Send me Rubens-MacBook-Pro.zipHere is the full dump with the RunMe app

try. reboot with this folder and save new ioreg

https://www.transfernow.net/dl/20211101JvJUIaUR

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png

7 minutes ago, Domenico Brindisi said:

WiFi and Touchpad are fixable by the right Kexts, am I wrong?

You are right. Also I found that brightness, sleep and bluetooth doesn't work but are also fixable

28 minutes ago, MaLd0n said:

try. reboot with this folder and save new ioreg

https://www.transfernow.net/dl/20211101JvJUIaUR

With that EFI all is working, Wi-Fi, graphics, touchpad... All except bluetooth. Thanks a lot.Send me Rubens-MacBook-Pro.zip