Cassio

OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion bootable USB

Hello

I have to tell you something.

I have install a fresh copy of Mac OS X Moutain Lion.

Even yet i do not install any kext and do not create Extra folder.

Furthermore i do not create a org.chamelon.boot.plist and SMBios.

But i install Chamelon boot Loader 2.1 r 2069 which is newer version.

After that i check my system info.

Also check about this mac.

Both snaps are attached then it show me intel hd2000.

Moreover i check on dell website by using my service tag.Then dell website tell me my laptop has intel hd3000 graphics integrated.

My service tag:5QWBQR1.

I tell you my service tag for that purpose if you wanna to inspect by own your self

All other information are correct like as RAM, Chipset, Audio, Hard Disk Capacity.

Now i am confused whether now what step i should take to fix graphic card.

I am stuck there. Guide me now what procedure i follow to fix my Graphic Problem.

na0qp.jpg

rm1yxh.jpg

Laptop Dell Inspirtion N4050 • CPU: Intel Dual Core B950 @ 2.10GHz (2CPU), ~2.1GHZ • RAM: 2GB • HD: 320GB • GPU: Intel® HD 3000 (Integrated), 1366x768, Approx Total Memory: 782MB • OS: Windows 7,8

Hey guys,

I've been trying to get this to work for a few days but still haven't been able to. I know it's supposed to work, cause I'm using a DSDT created by another user who uses the same MOBO as I do and has confirmed that it's compatible with OS X 10.8.

Can someone please take a look at these screens and help me figure out how to make this work?

I've already put this DSDT.aml in the Extra folder on the USB using Transmac, however I haven't been able to remove any of the video kexts from the USB nor the .RAW file, Transmac's "Delete Selected" function is greyed out when I choose any of the kexts, I've no idea why.

I have tried installing with no arguments, also with GraphicsEnabler=no and GraphicsEnabler=no -f, to no avail.

This machine's specs are:

ASUS P5K3 Deluxe

Intel C2D E8400

Nvidia Geforce GTX 560 Ti

4Gb DDR3 1333Mhz Dual-channel (4x 1Gb)

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

DSDT used: http://www.osx86.net/view/2984-asus_p5k3_deluxe.html

Error screens attached, both produced with the DSDT already in the Extra folder.

Alright, each time I'm a little closer to a working Hackintosh!

I found this very comprehensive guide to installing a Hackintosh on ASUS P5K Family motherboards, it's in italian but it's fairly easy to understand, or you can just use a translator of your choice.

http://user94.wordpress.com/2011/08/03/installare-mac-os-x-lion-su-pc-con-schede-madri-p5k/

My previous problem had something to do with BIOS settings, since I was having a CPU panic I'm inclined to think it was the Vanderpool setting, which after disabling has allowed me to progress a little bit further. Alas, no bingo as of yet.

Now I'm getting stuck just before the actual installation screen, I've tried -f -x and yet to no avail, there doesn't seem to be any kext error so I really have no clue what's going on this time. The machine halts, I can't get Numlock or Capslock to respond.

Help please! I'm really trying here...

UPDATE: I've tried removing every NV* kext from S/L/E and booting with GraphicsEnabler=no -f, then GraphicsEnabler=no -f -x, also GraphicsEnabler=no -f -x -s... all of them halt at the same point as the attached pictures (before deleting the kexts).

UPDATE 2: I've also tried including NVEnabler64.kext onto a fresh copy of the USB image and then tried all of the above arguments, still halts at the same point. I'm really really stuck. =/

photo.JPG.fd208d52fae704bca3ff58ac09600a4e.JPG

Error4.JPG.12f431aac0b3412c3b90f5f622f723a3.JPG

hello

try to use this kext

http://netkas.org/?p=1072

good hack

Hey Artur, thanks again for your help bro.

I downloaded and replaced the IOPCIFamily.kext for netkas' version but it still hangs at the same point, even when I delete the cache .mkext and boot with -f and -x arguments.

"IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 64:87"

I read about this problem from a different person having been fixed by reverting to an older IOAPCIFamily.kext so I tried that with 2 different older versions, and it still hangs at the exact same point.

This is getting very frustrating... can you think of anything else I might be able to try?

The only two things I've found that caught my attention during boot were

"No SMBios replacement found"

and

"No SSDT.aml found"

Would any of that cause this issue?

Hey Artur!

After all your help I didn't wanna leave you hanging, so I'm stopping by to tell you that my ML 10.8.2 Hackintosh is fully operational!

On the downside, I never could get the bootable USB to work so I went with myHack bootable USB for 10.8 and updated to 10.8.2 afterwards. System is running beautifully including Nvidia GTX 560 Ti 448-cores!

The only piece of hardware not working is the builtin Wifi RTL8187 due to the kext and utility not having been built for 64bit systems, I could boot to a 32 bit kernel with full support but I'd rather not take the performance hit and just plugged an ethernet cable to either the RTL8169 or the Marvell ethernet controllers, they're both working.

NOT having been able to get this installation running from the get-go actually taught me a shitload more than I could've hoped to learn had I not run into all the problems that I did, so this was very fruitful learning indeed. I have been able to fix all my kexts, my smbios, my bootloader and all this other stuff I'd never heard of before until a couple weeks ago.

Thanks for all your help and support, I really do appreciate it!

I've already bookmarked Olarila and I'm sure I'll be back with some humongous problem sooner or later. =]

Best regards and best of luck,

Matt

P.S.: Muitissimo obrigado mesmo! Mantive todos meus posts aqui no forum em ingles para que no futuro possam ajudar outra pessoa que venha a ter algum problema similar. Um forte abraço!

Hey Artur!

P.S.: Muitissimo obrigado mesmo! Mantive todos meus posts aqui no forum em ingles para que no futuro possam ajudar outra pessoa que venha a ter algum problema similar. Um forte abraço!

hello

Nice to know all working, enjoy u new hack, mac os x is a nice operating system....

when u want we are here...

1 abraço

good hack

PB Easy Note TM 86 - i5 430 M - H55M - Ram - 6 GB - Alc272 - Radeon HD 5470 512 QE/CI

Lenovo G500 - i5 3230m - HM77 - Ram - 8 GB - Conexant audio - HD 4000

My OS X Files 

Thanks for the great guide!

But I get stuck at step 3/4.

I succesfully installed OSX and Installed Chameleon as well. But there's no /Extra folder on my HD. Only on the USB.

So I made one for myself on my HD, but now every time I want to start OS X he needs my USB.

How can I let it boot itself from the HD? Please help, because I'm desperate

Greets

packerd bell easy note NS - Intel core i5 2430M @2.40GHz - Ram: 6,0 GB DDR3 Memory - Intel HD Graphics 3000 - OS: OSX 10.8

I did create an /Extra folder to the root of my HD and installed the org.chameleon.boot.plist and smbios.plist with chameleon there.

But now I try to run it without USB and it sais:

Broadcom UNDI pxe-2.1 v14.4.5

copyright © 2000-2010 broadcom corporation

copyright © 1997-2000 Intel corporation

All rights Reserved.

PXE-E61: media test failure, check cable

PXE-MOF: exiting broadcom PXE ROM

Operating System not found

What am I doing wrong?

Greets

packerd bell easy note NS - Intel core i5 2430M @2.40GHz - Ram: 6,0 GB DDR3 Memory - Intel HD Graphics 3000 - OS: OSX 10.8

@arthur-pt

Yes I've installed Chameleon1732075535_2012-10-2809_45_09.thumb.jpg.83018fd8ee6940ab91d48538a684a934.jpg.

and created an /extra folder to the root of my HD2088604533_2012-10-2809_44_29.thumb.jpg.f0c79472cd4c1f39be8e4808bdacd48d.jpg

and installed the org.chameleon.boot.plist and smbios.plist there.1361144613_2012-10-2809_45_21.thumb.jpg.758f25ee72d3dc730fd43dabac4457e7.jpg

But still he needs my USB.

And if I try to install ".kext" KextWizard tells me he can't find an /Extra folder on my HD. But it is THERE!!

Yes I did. I installed Chameleon with boot0hf. created an /extra folder. Installed the the org.chameleon.boot.plist and smbios.plist there.

but it still needs my usb!

because I still get this message:

Broadcom UNDI pxe-2.1 v14.4.5

copyright © 2000-2010 broadcom corporation

copyright © 1997-2000 Intel corporation

All rights Reserved.

PXE-E61: media test failure, check cable

PXE-MOF: exiting broadcom PXE ROM

Operating System not found

greets

ps I'm new to apple stuff, I used to work with ubuntu and windows. But Windows won't install on this Intel laptop, so now I try mac osx

hello

mbr or guid is partition scheme (what u talk is the write scheme for files hfs+)

google for it

but if u don't what it is , sure u have mbr partition for windows

good hack

PB Easy Note TM 86 - i5 430 M - H55M - Ram - 6 GB - Alc272 - Radeon HD 5470 512 QE/CI

My OS X Files 

It has GUID scheme!

And it's only one partition with only MAC OSX. So no windows anymore!!

But how do I get it booted from HD without my USB?

I tried with Chameleon, but it didn't work:(

greets

hello

i don't know why....

to boot mac os x

needs a boot loader (chameleon)

a proper smbios.plist

a org.chameleon.boot.plist

fakesmc.kext

nullcpupowermanagement.kext

see here

http://Olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1716

post install

try to use a chameleon.pkg from here

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/231075-chameleon-21svn-official-pkg-installer-binaries/

good hack

My OS X Files