Cassio

OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion bootable USB

Here is what I did

1. I Copied the .raw file to an USB stick using SUSE Studio Image Writer.

2. I booted from the usb stick and installed MAC OS X in a new partition I made earlier

3. After OS X finished installing the missing Operating System kept appearing

4. I reformatted my windows and now when I go to the boot menu I don't know how to boot from the partition

where I installed the OS X

5. I confirmed that the partition is still there but it has no path or drive letter in windows

Of course, the partition is in the format of MAC OSX Journaled

Hello,

you are in step 3 of opening post.

3 - Boot the USB drive, then choose to boot the HD you just installed OS X (not the installer USB again).

-Donations-

PayPal HERE - Stripe HERE - BuyMeaCoffee HERE - Mercado Livre HERE

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3

PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

Premium Users HERE - Problems with Paypal HERE

xcd5u2Y.png

I've have installed Chameleon from the site you recommended, but still the same problem appears.

now I get driver fault as addition to it!

and I have installed these:

a smbios.plist in the /Extra folder to the root of HD

a org.chameleon.boot.plist in the /Extra folder to the root of HD

fakesmc.kext to /System/Library/Extensions

nullcpupowermanagement.kext to /System/Library/Extensions

I don't know what I'm doing wrong....

Greets

packerd bell easy note NS - Intel core i5 2430M @2.40GHz - Ram: 6,0 GB DDR3 Memory - Intel HD Graphics 3000 - OS: OSX 10.8

Can someone please post English instructions? ty

hello

what u mean ? english instructions ?

the forum is a english section.... read it .. is all there to install mac os x

hack mac os x is 99% of reading , googling and persistency is not wondows like , and 1 % of luck u hardware is compatible

so read and google

and if the solution is in portuguese , use transator portuguese > u language

if u don't want any trouble , stay in windows

good hack

PB Easy Note TM 86 - i5 430 M - H55M - Ram - 6 GB - Alc272 - Radeon HD 5470 512 QE/CI

Lenovo G500 - i5 3230m - HM77 - Ram - 8 GB - Conexant audio - HD 4000

My OS X Files 

hello

update in u profile, u signature with all hardware specs, something like i have in final my answers.

help us to know the hardware we are talking about, i answer all days a lot a post, i don't remember all the people hardware...

good hack

PB Easy Note TM 86 - i5 430 M - H55M - Ram - 6 GB - Alc272 - Radeon HD 5470 512 QE/CI

Lenovo G500 - i5 3230m - HM77 - Ram - 8 GB - Conexant audio - HD 4000

My OS X Files 

Para quem tem o problema de "still waiting for root device" quando usa kernelcache (ou só funciona usando -f), aplique este patch que adiciona um delay de 200 ms no início da kext IOAHCIBlockStorage, resolvendo o problema. Pls translate this

My problem now is that every time I try to boot from the hard drive where I installed the OS X it freezes at "still waiting for root device"

My specs are:

intel i3 processor

ATI video card

SATA hard drives

My problem now is that every time I try to boot from the hard drive where I installed the OS X it freezes at "still waiting for root device"

Does it work if you use -f or UseKernelCache=no at boot? If it does, just run the patch-ahci-mlion.pl script.

-Donations-

PayPal HERE - Stripe HERE - BuyMeaCoffee HERE - Mercado Livre HERE

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3

PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

Premium Users HERE - Problems with Paypal HERE

xcd5u2Y.png

I still need my USB to boot.

After I choose boot from HD I can take my USB out! But without USB I get message: No operating system found

packerd bell easy note NS - Intel core i5 2430M @2.40GHz - Ram: 6,0 GB DDR3 Memory - Intel HD Graphics 3000 - OS: OSX 10.8

Para quem tem o problema de "still waiting for root device" quando usa kernelcache (ou só funciona usando -f), aplique este patch que adiciona um delay de 200 ms no início da kext IOAHCIBlockStorage, resolvendo o problema. Pls translate this

My specs are:

intel i3 processor

ATI video card

SATA hard drives

Heya!

Make sure you've set your BIOS Controller setting to AHCI (you might need a custom BIOS for this in some older motherboards).

Also make sure the partition you created is a Primary partition, not a Logical partition, and that it is the Active partition. (you can use Parted Magic to make sure it's correctly configured, it's free and very easy to use http://partedmagic.com/doku.php?id=start)

Good luck!

My specs are:

intel i3 processor

ATI video card

SATA hard drives

Hail Caesar!

It translates to: "For those who have the 'still waiting for root device' when using kernelcache (or that only work when using -f), apply this patch to add a 200ms delay when loading the IOAHCIBlockStorage kext, thus solving the problem.

Basically, just install the updated patch posted there and reboot.

Good luck!

Hello

I tried NPCI = 0x2000 and 0x3000 and continues rebooting before beginning installation.

I do not understand the kext. Where I have to put it? Because in the pendrive Windows will not let me put anything else, just gives me the option to format to not recognize the format.

Greetings and thanks.

By Google Translator

hi man , pls help me, i just run install and all is ok , after i run for first time in safe mode, and install whit multishit a esd patch and copy my extra folder in my hd, but i it's don't work , it's show me a kernel panic, its boot only in -x mode... !!! grrr

my id

asus p8h61

i3 3,30

8gb ram

Installed OSX and when i try to start it. It loads and i get an apple screen and real quick, he restarts again. doing this in a loop....

what to do?

greets

hi

i created a bootable usb using SUSE imagewriter and tried booting it in my Toshiba Satellite a665-s6094 laptop but it shows me boot option screen again n again when i try to boot from usb. i tried this on my bro's pc and it worked fine.. i dont know whats the exact prob.. :(

MY Laptop configration:

intel core i7 cpu 740q @ 1.73GHz

4gb DDR3 RAM(samsung)

NVIDIA GeForce 310M

Toshiba motherboard .. model :NWQAA

I added cool smileys to this message... if you don't see them go to: http://s.exps.me

ACPI gives me error and restarts before beginning installation. Attached image of failure. What I can do?

Hey alexannder,

Your boot is failing right after attempting to read the kext(driver) cache. You can either remove it using Transmac (delete Extra/Extensions.mkext and System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext) or use "-f" during boot to ignore the cache and see if it gets through.

@prashanthzz

@stomp94

@Mko.rocco

Guys, boot using "-v" (verbose mode) and post a picture of the system when it halts. If it still reboots during verbose mode without giving you a moment to see what went wrong, use "-v Wait=Yes"

Good luck!