Cassio

OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion bootable USB

Hi, i'm having a strange problem with installation of 10.8.2 distro. It's kinda similar to the "boot0:error", but it's not exacly that.

boot0:test

boot0:done7

then black screen with freezed prompt. When i apply the simple dd solution for "boot0: error" i get something like that instead:

boot0:test

boot0:done

boot1:error

It's my first Hackintosh installation, and I'm noob in OSX bootloaders, EFIs and stuff like that. In BIOS i've only switched boot order and sata as AHCI.

Extra info may help - I have two btrfs partitions and a swap + grub currently in mbr. I want to compeletely erase them and create a new partition table (no dual-booting) with mac-specific file systems

Thank's for help.

Ps. The issue is not only present on my AMD PC, booting fails for Intel as well.

If you are booting the installer, press 1 at boot0 screen and try Chameleon.

It won't work in AMD, it's for Intel only.

-Donations-

PayPal HERE - Stripe HERE - BuyMeaCoffee HERE - Mercado Livre HERE

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3

PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

Premium Users HERE - Problems with Paypal HERE

xcd5u2Y.png

Ola everybody...

I've successfully installed Mountain Lion 10.8.2 on my Envy 17... Have gone thru all the processes...

1. Downloaded OS X 10.8.2 Install USB

2. Written the raw file onto thumbdrive

3. Boot from the USB and do all the installation without any problem

The only thing that troubles me is the display... The installer comes with Clover bootloader...

Previously I had tried installing ML using Chameleon bootloader...

No display on my screen...

Had to use external screen to proceed with the installation and running the ML...

But with Clover bootloader, I can see all the installation screen and running the ML thru my screen...

But the displays are like these :

Installation screen : Pic 1 Pic 2

Welcome screen : Pic 3

Create account screen : Pic 4

And finally, my desktop screen : Pic 5

The screen seems being divided into 8 where the right side have less color than the left side...

As if the right side should be merged with the left side of the screen...

Clover by default uses -v ncpi=0x2000 boot args...

Any suggestion on how to overcome this?

Dunno whether this problem can be posted here or it should be in other topics... Ehehehe :roll:

OSX Mountain Lion : 10.8.2

HP Envy 17

1.60 GHz Intel Core i7-720QM

8GB DDR3 RAM

2TB HDD (2x1TB)

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5850

43.9 cm (17.3") diagonal Full High-Definition HP Ultra BrightView Infinity Display (1920 x 1080)

Hello,

read this topic

http://Olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=736

Check if all your settings are fine.

You can press 1 at boot0 screen and try with Chameleon.

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png

Hi there I got the advice to run this installer and after many tries and headache I am now running it. How ever I have some issues still. I have to use the usb pen in order to boot and once i reach the login screen i have to use external screen via VGA port because my LVDS goes black. I tried downloading chameleon wizard but ML didnt allow me to install it since it´s not from the app store. So i dragged it from other partition to ML disk and i used the pre boot dmg from usb and dragged that extra folder to my ML installation since i couldn´t make one myself since chameleon won´t work properly. It seems like my Graphics Card was correctly identified at start just at my cpu and ram so i dont know if there is any point to make a smbios.plist or not to put in the extra folder. Sound i got working with the VoodooHDA 2.7 something and ethernet i have up running with the intel1000e.kext. So how can i make ML boot without usb and how can I make ML understand that my main screen is internal. One last thing how to change the invert scroll ?

Alienware M15X

Intel I7 740 QM 1,79Ghz

8 Gb DDR3 Corsair

Intel PM 55 ( Branded so limited information given)

Samsung 830 Series 256 Gb SSD

Ati Radeon Mobility 5850 1GB DDR5 id 1002x68a1

82577LC

Windows 7 64 bit & Snow Leopard 10.6.8

Hi,

you can configure in system preferences, security, allow applications downloaded from, anywhere.

Don't use Extra folder from installer, just create an empty one and save plist files with Chameleon Wizard.

About video

http://Olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=736

Invert scroll is also an option in system preferences.

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png

Wow you guys work fast here I love it . And nice info i will try reboot again then and apply these changes and see if it will boot properly after that. Since About this mac show correct info i guess smbios would be proper stupid to install or am i wrong. Is there a risk that cpu and graphics will be messed up if i lets say put it on MacBook Pro 6,2 instead of current iMac 11.1 as it is default . I am running it on laptop so i guess it would be more logic using macbook plist but since stuff is read right its at same time overkill ain´t it ?

Alienware M15X

Intel I7 740 QM 1,79Ghz

8 Gb DDR3 Corsair

82577LC

Use MacBookPro.

Use random buttons to create a valid serial, it's needed for AppStore, iCloud, etc.

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png

Did as told and something odd happend along the way after applying smbios my internet connection via ethernet was lost and my screen went even stranger and it was impossible to boot with ethernet cable hooked in. So now i have reinstalled everything from square one and i got internet connection once again. I will take it slower this time and work on getting the LVDS working before messing up more stuff. What i have done is installing the kext that was listed at first page fakesmc etc . And i have made a org.chameleon.boot.plist. Left to do is to get audio working and the internal screen working . Still i can´t how ever boot without the freaking usbpen .

Alienware M15X

Intel I7 740 QM 1,79Ghz

8 Gb DDR3 Corsair

82577LC

HELP !

I have a asrock X70 extreme 4 , MB with i7 3930k cpu , and 16 Gb ram.

many troubles to start correct lion 7.4 or mountaibn lion....

ALWAYS I must inside BIOS disactivate , HT option and ALL cores....

so... HP disactivate , CPU core = 1

If I not do it , I can't install anything... ofcourse I try every thing (like...-cpus=1 , ecc..), but no line seemt to work...only if I disactivate HT and ALL cores.. work.

I can install iAKTOS L2 , or this bootable USB ML 10.8

Audio not work (realtek ALC 898) , and no KEYX work about...but this is not important because I can connect a firewire audio card, and this is recognised and work well.

The big problems are two :

When is finish the installation and all seem ok

if I launch any big app, (gfx, video , audio...) like FCUT X , or MOTION, or COMPRESSOR....I always become a error :

example, with finalcutx....(always from 10.0 to 10.6....)

Impossible open FINALCUT PRO for a trouble.

Look is compatible with this release of OSX.

Process: Final Cut Pro [283]

Path: /Users/USER/Desktop/Final Cut Pro.app/Contents/MacOS/Final Cut Pro

Identifier: com.apple.FinalCut

Version: 10.0 (179114)

Build Info: ProEditor-179110400~1

Code Type: X86-64 (Native)

Parent Process: launchd [129]

User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2012-12-07 18:49:05.798 +0100

OS Version: Mac OS X 10.8.2 (12C54)

Report Version: 10

Interval Since Last Report: 6547 sec

Crashes Since Last Report: 2

Per-App Crashes Since Last Report: 2

Anonymous UUID: 8C59A931-4A79-1DE2-5DDB-5B440D397B7B

Crashed Thread: 0

Exception Type: EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)

Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000

Application Specific Information:

dyld: launch, loading dependent libraries

Dyld Error Message:

Library not loaded: @rpath/Helium.framework/Frameworks/HeliumRender.framework/Versions/A/HeliumRender

Referenced from: /Users/mac/Desktop/Final Cut Pro.app/Contents/Frameworks/Helium.framework/Versions/A/Helium

Reason: no suitable image found. Did find:

/Users/mac/Desktop/Final Cut Pro.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks//Helium.framework/Frameworks/HeliumRender.framework/Versions/A/HeliumRender: stat() failed with errno=20

This happen's with Lion (iAKTOS) or also with this installation ML 10.8 USB !! with the most programs , apps...

In a old computer with intel q6600 and MSI MB...this error I never see..., all was ok...!!!

I don't think is a problem of APPS but of hardware/installation...and I don't understand WHY or what o must doit...my asrock x79 x4 meaby can run macos well ?!

I just make all what say this wonder GUIDE....so my USB key work fine...and I can install ML 10.8 ...but.. one step I not understand.

When the install is finish...I must boot again from the USB key for boot...and select from menu inside, where is installed my ML/HDD.

now I must install CHAMELEON.... and here I don't know how made...because I'v try to download, and intall , he say it's ok...but if I boot without usb key...NO MENU compare...so no chameleon is really installed..

Who can say please, which , where, and what boot loader I must install , for made my installation self boot without USB key ???

REALLY thanks, plesse help this newbie...and excuse me for my bad english...

;)

Did as told and something odd happend along the way after applying smbios my internet connection via ethernet was lost and my screen went even stranger and it was impossible to boot with ethernet cable hooked in. So now i have reinstalled everything from square one and i got internet connection once again. I will take it slower this time and work on getting the LVDS working before messing up more stuff. What i have done is installing the kext that was listed at first page fakesmc etc . And i have made a org.chameleon.boot.plist. Left to do is to get audio working and the internal screen working . Still i can´t how ever boot without the freaking usbpen .

Hello brolle81...

Saw ur post and found out that u're using the same gfx card as mine... Well for me, i'm using Clover bootloader (http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2304) as it is the simplest one that I found... Furthermore, it has a lot of features that we can customized especially the gfx part... There is one menu on the gfx part where I just tick one thing to fix my internal screen... InjectEDID...

But if u want to use Chameleon, u can customized from the boot args... Use ur USB pen, boot into ML u installed in HDD, then run multishit (tonycrapx86) or Chameleon installer (Google for it)... If u have downloaded the apps, right-click on the apps, then click on Open... The OS will prompt u the same as before but with another button : Open.... So u can run the apps without any problem and will be asked the password (as admin) to run the installer... Install the Chameleon and voila... U can boot from ur HDD now...

About the Chameleon boot args, u can include this : -v cpus=1 GraphicsEnabler=yes AtiConfig=Hoolock and when u got into the OS, ur screen will be similar to what I had in my previous post... U can change the resolution from System Preferences -> Display -> Scaled and choose whatever resolution that u want to use... For me I have Envy 17 and the max screen resolution I can use is 1920x1080... Or if you prefer just specify in boot args "Graphics Mode"="1920x1080x32"... Or the easiest way to customized ur org.chameleon.Boot.plist is using Chameleon Wizard apps... Ehehehe :D

Hope this helps... 8-)

OSX Mountain Lion : 10.8.2

HP Envy 17

1.60 GHz Intel Core i7-720QM

8GB DDR3 RAM

2TB HDD (2x1TB)

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5850

43.9 cm (17.3") diagonal Full High-Definition HP Ultra BrightView Infinity Display (1920 x 1080)

Later many hours of test and try..I'v a working ML , thanks the USB installation....but, I can't install any boot , so...for working I must always connect the usb key , for the boot.

My pc have a asrock x79 x4 , with i7 3930k cpu , 16 gbram and nvidia gtx560 (not TI)...

For a correcti installation I must disable usb3.0 from BIOS-PC , and put the line -v ncpi=0x2000 cpus=1

ncpi because if not, he stopped on PCI config.

CPUS=1 because he stop the installatione (HP + 6 cores incompatible on installation)

I download CHAMELEON , try to install...i read the log txt, and all is ok...but is i start wothout the usb key inside...when I select form wondows menu ...OSX MAC... few seconds freeze with nano error.

inside my root (HDD MAC) I found any installatio of chameleon... any i386 dir

but chameleon he say OK , have installed on my HDD MAC !

my pc have 3 HHD...in one is windows7 , in one HDD cache/files , in one MAC OSX....

so...in wondows i have the boot working , where I can select witch OSX use.

when I select MAC OSX...he know he must read from the 3'rd HDD ...

but chameleon non install any thing for booting

any idea ?

Thanks Artur

I'v create a new DIR in root my HDD (mac) name Extra..

and I put ready files , edit with chameleon wizard...

I can Install boot (with C.W.) because I not have internet acess...

but also so, still work...now I can boot without USB KEY.... :P

Check your BIOS settings, enable Execute Disable Bit (NX bit)

http://Olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1804

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png

If boot stops right before reaching the installer, or graphics aren't working right, remove video kexts and boot with GraphicsEnabler=No -f

ATI = ATI*

Intel = AppleIntelHD* AppleIntelSNB*

nVidia = GeForce* NVDA*

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png

If you are using the CPU in your profile (Intel Pentium 4), it's not supported.

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png

I would recommend Snow Leopard. Download 10.6.3 USB image from my signature and use TransMac to put legacy_kernel in the drive, then boot with Chameleon (press 1 at boot0 screen) and type "legacy_kernel -f -v".

http://nawcom.com/osx86/files/10.6/Kernels/10.3.0/legacy_kernel/legacy_kernel.bz2

There's some recent work on legacy kernel for Lion and Mountain Lion but it's not very stable yet.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/281450-thoughts-about-mountain-lion-with-amd-yes-amd/page__st__740#entry1872558

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png

Stuck ar the system uptime in nanoseconds: 0

This does not help.

Post a picture of the screen.

-Donations-