Hi!

I have a Lenovo Ideapad 330 (specs below). I'm currently running Olarila's Mojave 10.14.6. I'm not an expert by any means and dont know what DSDT is and how any of that works. I found a tutorial online and followed and that's about it. I wanna upgrade from mojave to catalina or perhaps big sur if the betas are stable but I'm not able to find a single guide to help me. I tried downloading olarila's catalina image but it gets stuck in ApplePS2Controller:Notification and since i dont know anything im not able to resolve the issue. I would much appreciate it if anyone could help me. (A pre-existing EFI would be the best choice) because I dont know how to patch anything and I dont wanna mess anything up while I read up more on Hackintoshing. Thanks in advance!

Laptop Specs:

CPU: i5-8250u

GPU: AMD Radeon 530 (and UHD 620)

RAM: 8GB (2133 MHz)

WiFi Card: intel dual band wireless-ac 3165

• Administrators

-Donations-

PayPal HERE - Stripe HERE - Ko-Fi HERE - BuyMeaCoffee HERE - Mercado Livre HERE

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3 - BNB 0x10D1d656eCa00bD521f9b4A43B83098B8142e115 - USDT BSC BEP20 0xb57cfdfa371fad1981910f0e8332409ab99f74d9 - USDT TRC20 TUR6Z9AVS4AYzqPnULoHrfFvppRbhXmNbZ - KASPA kaspa:qpxzufgfj8p6r0krg58yzvs0009h2mwqgvcawa0xc2pth7sgzpv56j4f6dtvk - PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

Premium Users HERE - Problems with Paypal HERE

xcd5u2Y.png

New ways to earn money with Linkvertise HERE

• Administrators

-igfxvesa

-Donations-

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3 - BNB 0x10D1d656eCa00bD521f9b4A43B83098B8142e115 - USDT BSC BEP20 0xb57cfdfa371fad1981910f0e8332409ab99f74d9 - USDT TRC20 TUR6Z9AVS4AYzqPnULoHrfFvppRbhXmNbZ - KASPA kaspa:qpxzufgfj8p6r0krg58yzvs0009h2mwqgvcawa0xc2pth7sgzpv56j4f6dtvk - PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

xcd5u2Y.png

• Administrators

try this folder. reset nvram first time

https://tinyurl.com/swgnojg

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png

• Administrators

dont have magic in hackintosh, our bios/uefi is not for macos, is for windows. we need many patches and tricks after install ;) 

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png

On 9/7/2020 at 9:41 AM, tasco11 said:

Set rebuild apple memory map to No/false on ocquirks/booterquirks.

That's how it already is... I managed to follow a guide and get Catalina to work but when I download the update and boot from it, it gets stuck right at EB...

I've attached my working EFI folder.. please do let me know if there is something that can be changed!

Thanks!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1j027dCIWCCgO5Y7KcNO6FMtoopEkKo7h/view?usp=sharing

Edited by Pranav VS

• Administrators

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png

To finish this topic off, I've attached my EFI (Big Sur) and RunMe.app details. Only problem is that touchpad won't work. Gotta get that fixed!

Thanks a ton for so much help my man @MaldOn!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1n_PSR2qZAs1aTPq2t2KxEHt8YiqG6PP6/view?usp=sharing

• Administrators

dsdt full patched stay load. is dsdt from other machine, don't use. need extract from ur machine

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png

15 hours ago, MaLd0n said:

dsdt full patched stay load. is dsdt from other machine, don't use. need extract from ur machine

The dsdt is mine which I used for Catalina. Didn’t use the s145 dsdt because I realized that upsatjng the Keats was key to running Big Sur!  But now the touchpad doesn’t work (idk how to extract it from my machine)

On 9/22/2020 at 9:22 AM, Pranav VS said:

To finish this topic off, I've attached my EFI (Big Sur) and RunMe.app details. Only problem is that touchpad won't work. Gotta get that fixed!

Thanks a ton for so much help my man @MaldOn!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1n_PSR2qZAs1aTPq2t2KxEHt8YiqG6PP6/view?usp=sharing

I have the Lenovo Ideapad 330-15IKB, I downloaded this folder efi, and the installation of macOS Big Sur worked perfectly, but it came up without a trackpad, which led me to disassemble the DSDT.aml file, to which I corrected the Trackpad model, which was SYNA2B3C, the model of my laptop is SYN2BA49, I also made the change in Kext VoodooI2CSynaptics in the config.plist I also made the same modification, I changed the model, and that put the trackpad to work.

The DSDT.aml that contains this EFI folder only works on this Laptop model with Big Sur, not on other versions.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SxsqJyHCTmlNDU__adwQdIOFz8IRNo9Z/view?usp=sharing

Imagen

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GFehNRTuL-S1crA9mwSIft0Xya3cn94L/view?usp=sharing

Edited by Richard Milciades Agramonte Santiago
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators
5 hours ago, Richard Milciades Agramonte Santiago said:

share this file

mHN7bCc.png

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png

On 10/1/2020 at 2:01 AM, Richard Milciades Agramonte Santiago said:

I have the Lenovo Ideapad 330-15IKB, I downloaded this folder efi, and the installation of macOS Big Sur worked perfectly, but it came up without a trackpad, which led me to disassemble the DSDT.aml file, to which I corrected the Trackpad model, which was SYNA2B3C, the model of my laptop is SYN2BA49, I also made the change in Kext VoodooI2CSynaptics in the config.plist I also made the same modification, I changed the model, and that put the trackpad to work.

The DSDT.aml that contains this EFI folder only works on this Laptop model with Big Sur, not on other versions.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SxsqJyHCTmlNDU__adwQdIOFz8IRNo9Z/view?usp=sharing

Imagen

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GFehNRTuL-S1crA9mwSIft0Xya3cn94L/view?usp=sharing

Glad to hear that! Also how are your boot times?? Coz mine legit takes 5 minutes and 15 seconds to boot which is ridiculously slow and also the audio kext fails to load sometimes? Ever happen to you? 

On 10/5/2020 at 11:20 PM, Pranav VS said:

Glad to hear that! Also how are your boot times?? Coz mine legit takes 5 minutes and 15 seconds to boot which is ridiculously slow and also the audio kext fails to load sometimes? Ever happen to you? 

My computer has 8GB of ram, and I changed the disk from mechanical state to solid state, so in macOS it takes less than 30 seconds to boot.

Edited by Richard Milciades Agramonte Santiago

On 9/30/2020 at 5:31 PM, Richard Milciades Agramonte Santiago said:

Imagen

Hi Richard.

Do you have a step by step on BigSur installation in Lenovo ideapad 330 ?

best Regards.

1 hour ago, Leandro Farias said:

Hi Richard.

Do you have a step by step on BigSur installation in Lenovo ideapad 330 ?

best Regards.

On YouTube there are videos that tell you step by step how to install macOS, you already have the main thing, the EFI that starts the installer, you just need to know how to create a bootable USB. There are also videos that teach how to create the bootable USB.

1 hour ago, Richard Milciades Agramonte Santiago said:

On YouTube there are videos that tell you step by step how to install macOS, you already have the main thing, the EFI that starts the installer, you just need to know how to create a bootable USB. There are also videos that teach how to create the bootable USB.

OK.  I managed to create the bootable pendrive and install bigsur on the laptop.  how is this my first time using OC, what is the post install required?
 Will the kexts I have from Catalina work?

5 hours ago, Leandro Farias said:

OK.  I managed to create the bootable pendrive and install bigsur on the laptop.  how is this my first time using OC, what is the post install required?
 Will the kexts I have from Catalina work?

the post install are including fix ogpu acceleration, touchpad, and audio.

Some of kext might work, but for future circumstances, please update to latest release of each kext.

8 hours ago, tasco11 said:

the post install are including fix ogpu acceleration, touchpad, and audio.

Some of kext might work, but for future circumstances, please update to latest release of each kext.

Thanks brother.

is the update for future beta versions easy to install?

next > next > finish

I managed to install with beta9 and already have new versions available.

5 hours ago, Leandro Farias said:

Thanks brother.

is the update for future beta versions easy to install?

next > next > finish

I managed to install with beta9 and already have new versions available.

Hey guys, I realized that with Big Sur's Beta 10, it doesn't boot! I have a Kernel Panic at the end of the installation! it's an infinite Loop! Do you have any idea how to solve it? I have the same model and with beta 9 it works perfectly!