overclockthesun

Kernel Panic on Lenovo Ideapad 110 15ISK with Intel HD 520 graphics + Opencore - Mojave

@MaLd0n, I need some help with this. Desperately stuck with no solution to this issue. I am trying to install Mojave using opencore. I have followed the guide for Skylake systems.

My issues are 2 fold. 

First is the kernel panic. I have attached the screenshot of it. Its related to AppleIntelSKLGraphics.kext. 

I have followed various combinations of the guide just to get into the system but I end up getting a kp.

The kp happens on the second boot during installation. I can boot into the installer just fine. The files get copied and the installer reboots and then I am presented with the kernel panic. 

At the installer screen, I can even use an external monitor via dvi to hdmi cable. yet once installation begins and restarts to continue the process, it give a kp.

I have tried the DVMT Patches in Config.plist and I still can't the panic to go away. If I follow the default recommendation of opencore to not add anything to plist, I can boot to the installer but the installation is slow as described below. I am attaching my efi folder zipped and the images of the kernel panic.

Second, if I use a device id for Graphics, the installer will take an eternity.... it shows 1h and 45 minutes to complete install but after 1 hour it just hangs. The progress is painfully slow. 

My system specs are:

Lenovo ideapad 110 15ISK.

Intel i3 6006U 

Intel HD 520 graphics.

4gb ram 

128gb SSD in primary slot with Windows 10 on it

128gb SSd in ODD using a caddy, to which I am installing Mojave.

NO DVMT settings in the BIOS. 

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

EFI.zip IMG_20200702_234649 (Large).7z

Edited by overclockthesun

Lenovo Ideapad 110 15ISK

i3 6006U 

Skylake Intel hd 520 graphics.

4gb ram

128 gb ssd - windows 10

128gb ssd - OSX mojave WIP

• Administrators
<key>PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x02,0)</key>
            <dict>
                <key>AAPL,GfxYTile</key>
                <data>AQAAAA==</data>
                <key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key>
                <data>AAAbGQ==</data>
                <key>framebuffer-fbmem</key>
                <data>AACQAA==</data>
                <key>framebuffer-patch-enable</key>
                <integer>1</integer>
                <key>framebuffer-stolenmem</key>
                <data>AAAwAQ==</data>
                <key>hda-gfx</key>
                <string>onboard-1</string>
            </dict>

-Donations-

PayPal HERE - Stripe HERE - Ko-Fi HERE - BuyMeaCoffee HERE - Mercado Livre HERE

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3 - BNB 0x10D1d656eCa00bD521f9b4A43B83098B8142e115 - USDT BSC BEP20 0xb57cfdfa371fad1981910f0e8332409ab99f74d9 - USDT TRC20 TUR6Z9AVS4AYzqPnULoHrfFvppRbhXmNbZ - KASPA kaspa:qpxzufgfj8p6r0krg58yzvs0009h2mwqgvcawa0xc2pth7sgzpv56j4f6dtvk - PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

Premium Users HERE - Problems with Paypal HERE

xcd5u2Y.png

New ways to earn money with Linkvertise HERE

@MaLd0n I got it to work. On sandy bridge it was audio while here it was video that drove me nuts. The same code is shared everywhere by everyone from Rehabman. But this needs a litte tweak especially if you can't change your DVMT in bios and if your bios  allocates more than 64mb already. You can see this in Windows graphics properties. I will write in detail and update the post here as well as post a guide here for this laptop model. Everything works except wifi (intel). Increasing the frame buffer after installation helps a lot more. But first I need some sleep.

Lenovo Ideapad 110 15ISK

i3 6006U 

4gb ram

128 gb ssd - windows 10

• Administrators
9 hours ago, overclockthesun said:

@MaLd0n I got it to work. On sandy bridge it was audio while here it was video that drove me nuts. The same code is shared everywhere by everyone from Rehabman. But this needs a litte tweak especially if you can't change your DVMT in bios and if your bios  allocates more than 64mb already. You can see this in Windows graphics properties. I will write in detail and update the post here as well as post a guide here for this laptop model. Everything works except wifi (intel). Increasing the frame buffer after installation helps a lot more. But first I need some sleep.

;) 

-Donations-

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3 - BNB 0x10D1d656eCa00bD521f9b4A43B83098B8142e115 - USDT BSC BEP20 0xb57cfdfa371fad1981910f0e8332409ab99f74d9 - USDT TRC20 TUR6Z9AVS4AYzqPnULoHrfFvppRbhXmNbZ - KASPA kaspa:qpxzufgfj8p6r0krg58yzvs0009h2mwqgvcawa0xc2pth7sgzpv56j4f6dtvk - PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

xcd5u2Y.png

On 7/9/2020 at 2:18 PM, MaLd0n said:

;) 

Hi, sorry for no updates on this, I got hit by  ransomware on win-doze,  luckily all my data is on loo nix ext4 drives that are always unplugged. Had to start from scratch. I am just posting this after installing Mac OS. Be back after installing windows. Have streamlined the installation even more. Much more smoother and responsive on just a rust bucket hdd. Yet to test out sleep. I had issues like the system being so slow it sucked big time. Also on the list is cpu friend. then I am done with the setup. I cannot try out the CFG Lock method. I did dump the bios from Lenovo but in the end, all I got was a demo value from it. Opencore refused to use the value in grub shell.efi citing that it would harm my system.  

As for the frame buffer. It has to be checked per system. Yup, we can't just thrown in the values RehabMan has given. In my case DVTM realloc in windows was 128mb. This meant that fb-mem for me had no setting. It had to be set to <00 00 00 00> A single value there lead to my kernel panic. Even commenting it out leads to a kp.

Further, Universal frame buffer can be used but will cause a panic only during the second phase of installation. I can set the value to <00 00 00 80> and this gives me 2048MB reported in system reports. If I don't set it, it shows the default 1536MB VRAM. 

I had to learn how to "hex" and reverse it to find  

a decimal value. Based on the cpu stats(not from intel ark, they don't provide this info), the max memory of the chip is just 32MB, which translates to <00 00 30 00> while rehab man's value is <00 00 30 01> for stolen memory. Even 1 MB over this value will cause a kernel panic. I tested a few values and Rehabman's value is the max for stolen memory.

I finally discovered that my fb-mem should be zero after using Hackintool within VMware. If not, I might have been stuck in the loop forever.

On more question. I found a SSDT-Olarila.aml for Skylake systems here. I have no idea what it is for?

Lenovo Ideapad 110 15ISK

i3 6006U 

4gb ram

128 gb ssd - windows 10

• Administrators

just use patch from here

memory amount is cosmetic

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png