mozbius

Clover Legacy takes too long. Would Enoch Chameleon work with OSX 10.13.6?

Before testing Olarila OSX 10.13.6 I used to run Niresh 10.13 which was working EXTREMELY well. My GTX 260 Nvdia 896Meg grand daddy videocard was fully recognized, my screen was detected with brand name and all, network card, usb, bluetooth the list goes on...

But then OSX started to nag me me with 10.13.6 updates notifications. Installing the update would instantly break my Hackintosh.

So I turned to Olarila 10.13.6 and I am facing one hell of a problem.... 

Boot sequence with Clover literally takes 15 MINUTES!!!! The longest part is when the “Start ReadKernelCache” message shows up I kid you not the PC will stay there for 8 MINUTES!!!!!!!

On Niresh 10.13 the Chameleon bootloader would take at most 15-20 SECONDS!!!

So my question to you all:

Is it possible to boot Olarila High Sierra 10.13.6 with Enoch Chameleon?

I have a grand daddy PC based on a P6T Deluxe V2 motherboard with BIOS (not UEFI) and running on a Sata Seagate Samsung Spinpoint 1.5T hard drive.

• Administrators

use Clover

-Donations-

PayPal HERE - Stripe HERE - Ko-Fi HERE - BuyMeaCoffee HERE - Mercado Livre HERE

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3 - BNB 0x10D1d656eCa00bD521f9b4A43B83098B8142e115 - USDT BSC BEP20 0xb57cfdfa371fad1981910f0e8332409ab99f74d9 - USDT TRC20 TUR6Z9AVS4AYzqPnULoHrfFvppRbhXmNbZ - KASPA kaspa:qpxzufgfj8p6r0krg58yzvs0009h2mwqgvcawa0xc2pth7sgzpv56j4f6dtvk - PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

Premium Users HERE - Problems with Paypal HERE

xcd5u2Y.png

New ways to earn money with Linkvertise HERE

There has to be something wrong with your configuration or set up. I have never heard of a clover boot time like that! Something is not right with the setup. You should drop a little coin and get a SSD. That drive you got is really slow to begin with and if the files are spread out then it is going to take longer to boot ... but not as long as you say, so something is wrong with the installation as it is limping along. 

I can assure you that there is nothing wrong with the way MaLd0n has the instructions and setup for installation. I have 2 systems older than yours with a P35 and G31m chips that work perfectly with the installation information and tools here! Boot time on both is less than 20 seconds. 

You might want to consider making a donation and get into the donator’s area where you can get really good support and get your DSDT checked out , fixed if necessary. I got everything working on my dinosaurs and everything works great on them. Even iMessage! 

Enoch Chameleon won’t work with the Olrila installation.  High Sierra support will be ending in about 6 months so I ‘d figure out what you’re gonna do. I know that my dinosaurs will be moving on to either Mojave or Catalina. They are older than what you are running and will work fine with minor changes. 

Get a SSD and use your mechanical  drive for  storage. 

Z77 Build= Quad Boot Win 10, Win 7, Mojave, Kali Linux (learning). 2x NVME drives, 1X Samsung EVO SSD, 1X 16GB USB 3.0 (Kali) 1X 1TB WD storage drive, GTX770, 16GB Gskill ARES,

Work in progress1: P35-DS3R,  Xeon 3360 @3.2GHz. 8GB ddr2 800, Tri-Boot system.

Work in progress2: G31M-ES2L, Q9650 @ 3.2GHz. 4GB ddr2 800, Tri-Boot system

Waiting on case for next build.....

On 4/30/2020 at 9:21 PM, shabaa said:

There has to be something wrong with your configuration or set up. I have never heard of a clover boot time like that! Something is not right with the setup. You should drop a little coin and get a SSD. That drive you got is really slow to begin with and if the files are spread out then it is going to take longer to boot ... but not as long as you say, so something is wrong with the installation as it is limping along. 

I can assure you that there is nothing wrong with the way MaLd0n has the instructions and setup for installation. I have 2 systems older than yours with a P35 and G31m chips that work perfectly with the installation information and tools here! Boot time on both is less than 20 seconds. 

You might want to consider making a donation and get into the donator’s area where you can get really good support and get your DSDT checked out , fixed if necessary. I got everything working on my dinosaurs and everything works great on them. Even iMessage! 

Enoch Chameleon won’t work with the Olrila installation.  High Sierra support will be ending in about 6 months so I ‘d figure out what you’re gonna do. I know that my dinosaurs will be moving on to either Mojave or Catalina. They are older than what you are running and will work fine with minor changes. 

Get a SSD and use your mechanical  drive for  storage. 

Thank you for the suggestions. I will give the 2020 package a go and see how it goes and indeed shall support with donations.

1 minute ago, mozbius said:

Thank you for the suggestions. I will give the 2020 package a go and see how it goes and indeed shall support with donations.

Isn't Metal graphic card required on Mojave? You have an older PC's than mine with Metal compatible videocard?

Yes, Metal compatible cards are required. With a non UEFI system it narrows the choices that you have. Nvidia Kepler based cards are supported as they are metal capable. The cheapest one is the nvidia GT 710. It is not made for doing much of anything but watching videos or browsing. No real horsepower. I already have a GTX770 in my Z77 Box. I have 8800gt’s in the older boxes and they will be getting a GTX 650 in one and the other one will get a  GTX 770. The cheap cards on EBay (GT 710) go for around $40 used and you can find the new ones online for around $50. Be careful because some of the cards are not Kepler chips. You can verify the chip on the card cards @ gpuzoo.com. I purchased my last 2 Kepler cards on Mercari as the pricing is better but you need to check the cards right away because of a limited window of refund/ return time window. Hope this helps.

Edited by shabaa

Z77 Build= Quad Boot Win 10, Win 7, Mojave, Kali Linux (learning). 2x NVME drives, 1X Samsung EVO SSD, 1X 16GB USB 3.0 (Kali) 1X 1TB WD storage drive, GTX770, 16GB Gskill ARES,

Work in progress1: P35-DS3R,  Xeon 3360 @3.2GHz. 8GB ddr2 800, Tri-Boot system.

Work in progress2: G31M-ES2L, Q9650 @ 3.2GHz. 4GB ddr2 800, Tri-Boot system

Waiting on case for next build.....