iHackintosh_PT

OS X Mavericks 10.9.5 bootable USB for Intel

thank you very much! your reply gave me a boost to find the answer on different forums, although the solution was to disable VT-d in bios. (I have no idea what is that and how it affects the install of osx)

I already managed to install and setup network, so I guess I'm on the right track, however need to learn a lot...

thank you again for your time, much appreciated.

Soo

I'm a happy OSX user now, can you please help me with setting up the boot loader? Right now I'm booting every time from the installation pen drive when I'd like to use osx and remove it when I need windows. I'm sure there is a better way to do this. (I'm using separate drives for the two OS).

Hi there...

I'm very new here to install mac os on pc

I've download the OS X Mavericks 10.9 bootable USB for Intel PCs (13A603) and write it to flash disk drive. Boot it and the black screen appear before the installer run. Just black screen and no process.

I have follow this step :

fsck -fy
mount -uw /
mkdir /kext_backup
cd /System/Library/Extensions
mv AppleIntelHD* AppleIntelSNB* AppleIntelFramebuffer* AMDRadeon* ATI* GeForce* NVDA* /kext_backup
rm ../Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache
reboot

and still have no luck.

What should i do? I'm very interested to install this mac os version on my Vaio E Series - Core i3 - Intel HD 4000

thanks

Try to disable graphics injection in options menu and boot without caches (press space bar instead of enter on OS X Install USB).

-Donations-

PayPal HERE - Stripe HERE - BuyMeaCoffee HERE - Mercado Livre HERE

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3

PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

Premium Users HERE - Problems with Paypal HERE

xcd5u2Y.png

thanks pernacabeluda

the solutions worked... now i've finished the installation.

the next problem is when i boot from mac hdd... after booting process the screen just turned off... led indicator for hdd is blinking but after about 20minutes the screen still turned off.

what should i do?

When I try to boot into the installer I now get stuck at launch_msg(): Socket is not found.

What's wrong? I already removed the graphics kexts and cleared the cache.

It somehow did work fine for the first time since I did install it.

I'm having the same issue as mentioned above with the ..... for about 5 lines, then the ++++ and a reboot.

I'm running a Dell Inspiron, Intel i7, Dell 5537 Mobo, Intel Haswell-MB ULT GT2 GPU.

I've deleted all the video driver kexts. I can't get Chameleon to load, but Clover loads fine.

I've had OSX on a few older laptops, so I'm not a complete noob.

Is there any way to force a log or verbose (I've tried a bunch of combinations of verbose, disable kexts, etc.) mode that lists where I'm going wrong?

Even better, anyone else have a solution?

thanks!

pry

Hi guys! my first post here.

I’m using an Asus Sabertooth x79 motherboard with Intel 3930k processor.

I’ve successfully installed Mavericks, but when trying to boot into the new OS I just CANNOT reach it. The computer just restarts itself over and over again. Not even reaching the apple loading logo with the spinning wheel.

What should I do?

I’ve tried all kinds of bootflags and combinations suchs as -v npci=0×3000 or npci=0×2000 -x and all other kinds of commands, I’ve tried literally 30-40 combinations, I kept trying over and over again yesterday. No luck at all.

Please, ANY help is greatly appreciated!! I can’t get my computer to work after the update at all :/

I’m using Chameleon as bootloader (I think) and u n i b e a s t though.

I don’t have ANYTHING other than OSX installed on my computer, so I can’t enter windows or anything.

Hi,

why are you asking in this topic if you did not use this image to install?

Maybe you are using old Chameleon (pre-r2246)?

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png

Hi,

why are you asking in this topic if you did not use this image to install?

Maybe you are using old Chameleon (pre-r2246)?

Oh, sorry, I might have been in the wrong section of the forum (apologize for this).

I don't know what version of Chameleon I'm using actually - how do I check that? (I'm new to bios and hackintosh in overall).

I had a perfectly running ML install on my hack, but now it just wont boot into OSX at all, when the mavericks installation is finished..

Chameleon shows the version number on the top of the screen.

Mavericks support was added in r2245, so if you have previous version it is able to boot 10.8 but not 10.9

http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/chameleon/source/commit/2245/

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png

Chameleon shows the version number on the top of the screen.

Mavericks support was added in r2245, so if you have previous version it is able to boot 10.8 but not 10.9

http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/chameleon/source/commit/2245/

Sorry I'm not using Chameleon, I'm using CHIMERA, and the version of Chimera is v.2.0.1 r2109.

Any clues? I sense that this is an outdated version of Chimera. Also.. is it even recommended to continue with chimera? or should I choose another bootloader?

I was also wondering how I update it to the latest? I googled about it but couldn't find any facts at all on this matter. Usually one would just run the installation file, but since I can't get into the OS I can't do that. How should I do it then?

Thanks alot!!

Edited by Guest

Chimera is just a rebranded Chameleon, and yes, this version is outdated and does not boot Mavericks.

My suggestion is to burn a bootable iso of Clover, boot the system, then install a new boot loader

http://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/files/Bootable_ISO/

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png

Chimera is just a rebranded Chameleon, and yes, this version is outdated and does not boot Mavericks.

My suggestion is to burn a bootable iso of Clover, boot the system, then install a new boot loader

http://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/files/Bootable_ISO/

OK thanks alot! but honestly .. I can't even boot into the USB flash drive I'm using! it keeps restarting no matter what bootflags I'm using. I got it to boot into the USB flash drive BEFORE updating to Mavericks by typing the following bootflags: -v npci=0x2000 cpus=1, but that doesn't work now at all. What should I do then?

You will need another computer or operating system to be able to burn the CD or even write the bootable image from this topic to a pen drive.

If both your HD and USB have outdated boot loaders and you don't have the tools to update it, there's nothing I can imagine to solve your problem.

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png

You will need another computer or operating system to be able to burn the CD or even write the bootable image from this topic to a pen drive.

If both your HD and USB have outdated boot loaders and you don't have the tools to update it, there's nothing I can imagine to solve your problem.

OK got another MACbook pro to try to this do. But still, I don't know how to reach the usb itself from the bootloader. IT just keeps restarting over and over again.

Install Clover to the USB and you should be able to boot the HD using it (press space bar and choose "without caches").

If you can't I recommend that you download the Mavericks raw image and write it to the pen drive.

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png