iHackintosh_PT

OS X Mavericks 10.9.5 bootable USB for Intel

Install Clover to the USB and you should be able to boot the HD using it (press space bar and choose "without caches").

If you can't I recommend that you download the Mavericks raw image and write it to the pen drive.

without caches? theres no such option in the bootloader. You mean ignore caches?

The problem is that it doesnt even seem to show any picture of option to boot it into the USB at all. And if I press F8 (EFI Bios) and boot into the USB manually that way, it still tries to boot into my primary HDD which is mavericks. And here the problem occurs again - reboot... reboot... reboot.

Clover should be burnt as ISO now on my USB flash drive, but I just can't reach it at all :/ It sure is really frustrating all of this.

So you did not install Clover to the USB properly.

Follow instructions in this topic

http://Olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3901

ISO is to be burned to CD.

mpkg can be installed to a pen drive using OS X.

-Donations-

PayPal HERE - Stripe HERE - BuyMeaCoffee HERE - Mercado Livre HERE

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3

PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

Premium Users HERE - Problems with Paypal HERE

xcd5u2Y.png

So you did not install Clover to the USB properly.

Follow instructions in this topic

http://Olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3901

ISO is to be burned to CD.

mpkg can be installed to a pen drive using OS X.

OK thanks alot for all of this, I am super grateful!

I wonder though - why clover and not chimera for example? could I install chimera AFTER installing clover and vice versa? or is it recommended to continue with clover? if so, why?

Also.. pen drive = usb stick/usb flash drive, right? ;D

thanks

I just installed clover and all that on the USB flash drive.

BUT.. I can still not reach the usb flashdrive. I don't know what's up. I really CANNOT get into it. It just forces to keep starting into Mavericks and restarts over and over again.

What should I do? :/

Thanks!

Best,

Jonatan

EDIT #2!

OK I got the clover to work. But I still seem to have chimera as bootloader?

Although I'm in clover, I can't seem to boot into Mavericks at all. In fact, It just returns me to the clover menu where I have to choose what disk to boot into. I've tried to boot into all disks. It just sends me straight back to this menu over and over again.

Any tips?

I don't even get to the "proceed with the install" part.

Boot from the pen drive and proceed with the installation

When the installation restarts, boot from the installer again to finish the installation

After the installation restarts for the second time, the HD partition will show in Clover menu

Post install

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1716

I get to the "boot from the pen drive" as the far most. I can boot into Mavericks installation but when I do the screen is just black and nothing happens AT ALL.

Thanks

I guess it's a video problem, try to disable graphics injection in options menu.

I have no idea why it does not boot the HD partition, maybe the partial installation from the app messed up your partition.

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png

Could be..

I dont know what to do lol. I'm stuck here...

But I managed to (using myhack and chameleon bootloader) boot into the mavericks installation again, but this time I don't reach the installation but only having a spinning colorful wheel as mousepointer. No image, just plain white background (same color as where the grey apple logo in the middle often appears at).

Its stuck there and loads forever without anything happening.

This topic is about a pre built installer image. Since you are not using it, I suggest that you start a new topic, maybe someone can help you. I have never used the tools you are using, so I cannot help you with that.

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png

hello

clover space bar

verbose

u should read about the loader u are using

good hack

Thanks for the reply!

I've tried that a few times, but it always just boots with the ...., not an actual list of what's being loaded and where the fail is.

pry

Hellow. based on your install instructions:

If you want to install the boot loader in this partition and you use MBR (not GUID, like if you already have Windows in the HD), it must be a primary (not extended/logical) partition.

Is it safe to asume the mbr kexts are already patched in and the installer works on mbr partitions, right ?

Is it safe to asume the mbr kexts are already patched in and the installer works on mbr partitions, right ?

Actually it's not a kext, but yes, the installer is patched to allow installation on MBR.

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png

It did installed on the mbr but somewhere in the installer log i noticed something like

"can not make disk bootable at this stage"

"disk cannot be made bootable at all"

The partition was made from windows with paragon hard disk manager and set to active

After installation i cant boot from it at all. Chimera from multishit will say boot0:done then reboot the pc, i tried every instalation method from chameleon wizard and nothing works, manual chameleon installation doesnt work either getting stuck at the same boot0:done and clover will get stuck at the blinking line

Help me understand please

Edit: I've installed it on another drive, this time i made the partitions fat32 and reformatted it with disk utility to hfs+ before installation and now the boot loader worked ....

Next (and hopefully last problem) is my gtx 570. Booting from usb i get the correct 1080p resolution but it freezes with a white screen.

Booting directly from the HDD my video card isn't recognised at all (with GraphicsEnabler Yes and no PCIRoot as my id is 0) my res is 1280x1024 and everything is choppy.

Edit2: So i've copied nvda* kexts from usb to hdd and if i boot from the hdd the monitor turns off but if i boot from the usb everything works. same kexts ! probably different boot arguments? but what....?

Edit3: Got it working by also adding IGPEnabler No to Chameleon. DP8 or usb kexts though, GM ones wouldn't work

Dear staff, I am facing problem in installing your provided OS X Mavericks on my HP-1000 Notebook. I downloaded "OS X Mavericks 10.9 GM bootable USB for Intel PCs" from thepiratebay, wrote it on my USB as per instructions given and booted it. It showed chimeron boot screen, touchpad was not working there, by chance I pressed space and it showed some options to boot, I selected one and it stuck on next screen, I tried all option and it did the same. I deleted vooodoo stuff, and using Transmac I deleted (System/Library/Extensions) and kernel cache. I again tried but it is still not working.

It's my first experience with Mac OS X and I really want to have it on my laptop. Your kind guidance in this regard will be greatly appreciate.

Plz let me know what would you like to ask more about my system and problem.

Best Regards.

PS: I have pictures of all screens but I dont know how to post pics.

Try to add cpus=1 in boot args.

You need to patch kernel or update Clover and enable PatchAPIC for it to work without the flag.

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png

Try to add cpus=1 in boot args.

You need to patch kernel or update Clover and enable PatchAPIC for it to work without the flag.

Dear sir, thanks a lot for so quick response, I beg your pardon but as I said I am new in this stuff, I would request you to kindly elaborate as to how can I "add cpus=1 in boot args" or the other things you suggested.

Thanks indeed.

PS: I am uploading the pics on my Gdrive and will post the link shortly

Here is the link to pics:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BwSmHUJNHwp0RWZvUkdwb0FtNm8&usp=sharing

I can't open the image (no permission).

If you enter the options menu you will see a field called "boot args", just add the flag so it becomes

-v npci=0x2000 cpus=1

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png

I can't open the image (no permission).

If you enter the options menu you will see a field called "boot args", just add the flag so it becomes

-v npci=0x2000 cpus=1

Sorry for inconvenience sir, I have changed the privacy of Gdrive link to public. Now you can see it please.

I beg your pardon, but plz tell me with a bit deatail as to where and how can I "enter the options menu" and "add the flag"..?

I am a basic level user and I need guidance like "connect your usb - open BIOS - open so and so - do this and this"

or "connect usb - open TransMac - open this folder on usb - do this and that"

Thanks a lot for being so cooperative and kind.

Regards.

PS: if you mean to enter in options menu in boot screen, plz be informed that touchpad does not work there, I can only do one thing there and that is to press spacebar resulting in various boot options.

PLZ HAVE A LOOK AT THE PICS SO THAT YOU KNOW CLEARLY ABOUT SYSTEM AND PROBLEM SCREENS

Edited by Guest

Look at the image IMG_20131104_140608.jpg you posted.

You will see an icon with a gear.

That's the options menu.

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png

Look at the image IMG_20131104_140608.jpg you posted.

You will see an icon with a gear.

That's the options menu.

plz be informed that touchpad does not work there, I can only do one thing there and that is to press spacebar resulting in various boot options.

would you like me to format the usb and do the writing process again? or any other modification with my system etc?

If space bar works, arrow keys should work too. If they don't, the only suggestion I can give is to use Chameleon, read instruction in the opening post. In Chameleon screen, just type cpus=1 and press enter.

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png

If space bar works, arrow keys should work too. If they don't, the only suggestion I can give is to use Chameleon, read instruction in the opening post. In Chameleon screen, just type cpus=1 and press enter.

I am sure boss, only spacebar works there, I tried all keys.

Okay I will try Chameleon and let you know the outcome later. Thanks a lot for your cooperation.

My apology sir, you were right, arrow keys were working actually in Clover boot screen but I could not notice that, my bad. Now I opened the options menu in Clover, modified it exactly as you said and booted again but result was same. It was stuck at same next screen. I tried again several boot options (verbos, without caches ets) but still no progress.

Plz let me know what should I do now? Thanks indeed.

cpus=1 should work, I really don't have other idea.

Okay then I guess I should format the usb and start from zero again. May be I have done something wrong. I am repeating the whole procedure from writing the .raw file to usb. I will let you know about the outcome when I am done. thnx for ur kind cooperation.