robcodemax

Mac OS Monterey/Big Sur on Huananzhi and Other X79 Motherboard and PowerManagement

First of all a great thanks to @MaLd0n for all the help that he gave me by editing my DSDT.

This guide is for those who are using X79 Motherboard and are

1. unable to install mac 
2. Unable to boot if they enable HYPERTHREADING in thie bios.
3. Having random reboots while booting.
4. Powermanagement Issue. 

You can use this EFI for Mac OS Monterey or Big Sur

Installation:

1. Download the EFI Folder given in this guide and do the necessary changes mentioned in the Changes to the Config File section given below.

2. I am not going to cover how to install Mac. For that you will get lots of guides online.

3. I am Just going to give you my EFI folder. Use it and it will boot and install without any issue.

4. This EFI will work for both Dual CPU and Single CPU Board.

You need to do the following after downloading the EFI.

Changes to the Config File

1. Please add you own Platform Info

2. Also please add your UTBMap.kext file created using USBToolbox from windows (Use the windows.exe from from there). Also add USBToolBox.kext .

OR 

If you don't want to do USB Mapping then just use the following USBMap.kext and it should work fine. I have added most of the USB ID's in the kext so it should work fine for most of the people.

USBMap.kext.zip

3. SSDT-X79 included in the EFI folder already has everything needed so please don't change any settings in config. It will go smoothly.

4. Reboot

Enjoy....!!!

Note: For some motherboard using CpuTSCSync.kext causes Kernel Panic,
Solution: Use VoodooTSCSync.kext instead

Bios Settings: 

1. If you still have issue with USB while using my EFI then go into the Bios and Disable EHCI and XHCI Handoff or vice versa.

For PowerManagement do the following:

1. Create SSDT-PMC, SSDT-PLUG from windows using SSDTTime.exe
  2. Create SSDT-PM using ssdtprgen method
  3. So you should have  SSDT-PM, SSDT-PMC, SSDT-PLUG(Optional) and SSDT-X9 in ACPI. Use of  SSDT-UNC is optional as its already included in the SSDT-X79.

For Sandy Bridge CPU please enable 2 options in the Kernel > Patch Section 

751AB9 to EB13B9

3E7539 to 3E9090

The entries are already added just enable it. This is needed for Sandy Bridge CPU to get PowerManagement Working

Enjoy your PowerManagement

Once again please don't change anything in the config other than what is mentioned above

Audio:

Just follow my Guide in the link to get the audio working

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/350572-get-apple-alc-working-with-alc-892-and-other-audio-with-dsdt-patching-easily/#comment-2775696

Downloads: 

NEW EFI Folder: 

If the new EFI Doesn't work then use the old one
Updated EFI with Open Core 0.7.7.  

OLD EFI Folder
EFI GOOGLE DRIVE

or

EFIFORX79MOTHERBOARD.zip

Bonus: 

Those who are using Huananzhi-X79 board can use the following patched DSDT which has all the necessary patches. Even the Audio patch so no need to use SSDT-HDEF.aml

Huananzhi - X79 Deluxe Patched DSDT

Troubleshooting:

Multible Reboot: Some times it takes multiple reboots to get into the system. It gets stuck in the following  then follow the below given solution.

spacer.png

Solution:

1. Open your DSDT in Rehabman's MacIasl and remove SCK1, SCK2 and SCK3

2. Also remove unused Cores. For Eg. If your CPU has 12 threads then only keep the first 12 CPU Cores and delete the rest like this. It depends on how much threads your CPU has and accordingly remove the rest. As my CPU has only 12 threads I have only kept the first 12 and will be removing the rest that I have shown in the image below.

3. Save the file as DSDT.aml

188008-screen-shot-2021-12-13-at-11-39-0

4. Place this DSDT.aml in the ACPI Folder 

5. Reboot.

Now there will be no random reboots while rebooting.

Edited by robcodemax
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The Old EFI had me on black screen(on OpenCore screen), but the new one worked great. I had an issue with a USB bluetooth as the installation crashed and the PC rebooted. After some retrying I figured out it's the USB bluetooth that caused it. After removing it the installation was clean. Booting was also fine I transferred my old ACPI from Mojave and everything is just fine now. Keep in mind that even after I setup everything when plugging that same USB bluetoooth the PC won't boot. The MOBO is a Huanan one(I think it's version 3.5).

Edited by Andri Ivanov
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Andri Ivanov said:

The Old EFI had me on black screen(on OpenCore screen), but the new one worked great. I had an issue with a USB bluetooth as the installation crashed and the PC rebooted. After some retrying I figured out it's the USB bluetooth that caused it. After removing it the installation was clean. Booting was also fine I transferred my old ACPI from Mojave and everything is just fine now. Keep in mind that even after I setup everything when plugging that same USB bluetoooth the PC won't boot. The MOBO is a Huanan one(I think it's version 3.5).

Glad it worked for you...

As Andri, old EFI didn't work, but like a charm with the new one. At least I can start to do the troubleshooting from all the hard work done!! Amazing work robcodemax, you save my a bunch of hours of trying and redoing everything from scratch!! :D

Kllisre x79 v2

Xeon E5 2689

16GB DDR 1333Mhz

Nvidia GT 710 2GB

Edited by gsus627
  • Like 2

Good evening,
Okay?
So I used these EFIs on my Huananzhi x79 with E5-2650 V2 processor and RX5500XT.
Today I'm using Bigsur, but I wanted to change to Monterey and even Ventura, but it gives me a kernel panic.

Follow all this from this post and nothing.
What do I need to do?

On 12/16/2021 at 11:29 AM, robcodemax said:

Antes de tudo, um ótimo agradecimento a @MaLd0n por toda a ajuda que ele me deu editando meu DSDT.

Este guia é para quem está usando a placa-mãe X79 e está

1. incapaz de instalar o mac 
2). Não foi possível inicializar se eles habilitarem HIPERTHREADING em essas biografias.
3). Tendo reinicializações aleatórias durante a inicialização.
4). Problema de gerenciamento de energia. 

Você pode usar este EFI para Mac OS Monterey ou Big Sur

Instalação:

1. Faça o download da pasta EFI fornecida neste guia e faça as alterações necessárias mencionadas no Alterações no arquivo de configuração seção fornecida abaixo.

2). Não vou cobrir como instalar o Mac. Para isso, você receberá muitos guias online.

3). Eu só vou lhe dar minha pasta EFI. Use-o e ele será inicializado e instalado sem nenhum problema.

4). Esta EFI funcionará para a CPU dupla e a placa de CPU única.

Você precisa fazer o seguinte após o download do EFI.

Alterações no arquivo de configuração

1. Adicione suas próprias informações da plataforma

2). Adicione também o arquivo UTBMap.kext criado usando USBToolbox do Windows ( Use o windows.exe a partir daí ). Adicione também USBToolBox.kext .

OU 

Se você não deseja fazer o mapeamento USB, use o seguinte USBMap.kext e ele deve funcionar bem. Eu adicionei a maioria dos IDs USB no kext, para que funcione bem para a maioria das pessoas.

USBMap.kext.zipIndisponível

3). SSDT-X79 incluído na pasta EFI já tem tudo o necessário, portanto, não altere nenhuma configuração na configuração. Vai correr bem.

4). Reinicialização

Aproveitar....!!!

Nota: Para algumas placas-mãe usando CpuTSCSync.kext, o Kernel Panic causa,
Solução: Use VoodooTSCSync.kext

Configurações de bios: 

1. Se você ainda tiver problemas com o USB ao usar meu EFI, entre no Bios e Desative o EHCI e o XHCI Handoff ou vice-versa.

Para o PowerManagement, faça o seguinte:

1. Criar SSDT-PMC, SSDT-PLUG do Windows usando SSDTTime.exe
  2. Criar SSDT-PM usando o método ssdtprgen
  3. Portanto, você deve ter SSDT-PM, SSDT-PMC, SSDT-PLUG ( Opcional ) e SSDT-X9 no ACPI. O uso do SSDT-UNC é opcional, pois já está incluído no SSDT-X79.

Para a CPU Sandy Bridge, ative 2 opções na seção Patch do kernel > 

751AB9 para EB13B9

3E7539 a 3E9090

As entradas já foram adicionadas, basta ativá-lo. Isso é necessário para que a CPU da Sandy Bridge faça o PowerManagement funcionar

Aproveite o seu PowerManagement

Mais uma vez, não altere nada na configuração além do mencionado acima

Áudio:

Basta seguir o meu guia no link para fazer o áudio funcionar

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/350572-get-apple-alc-working-with-alc-892-and-other-audio-with-dsdt-patching-easily/#comment-2775696

Downloads: 

NOVA pasta EFI: 

Se o novo EFI não funcionar, use o antigo
EFI atualizado com o Open Core 0.7.7.  

Pasta EFI VELHA
CONDUÇÃO DE GOOGLE EFI

ou

EFIFORX79MOTHERBOARD.zip 10,99 MB · 75 downloads

Bônus: 

Quem estiver usando a placa Huananzhi-X79 pode usar o DSDT corrigido a seguir, que possui todos os patches necessários. Mesmo o patch de áudio, não é necessário usar o SSDT-HDEF.aml- DSDT patched de luxo X79

Solução de problemas:

Reinicialização Multible: Algumas vezes são necessárias várias reinicializações para entrar no sistema. Ele fica preso a seguir e segue a solução abaixo.

spacer.png

Solução:

1. Abra seu DSDT em MacIasl do reabilitador e remova SCK1, SCK2 e SCK3

2). Remova também os núcleos não utilizados. Para Eg. Se sua CPU tiver 12 threads, mantenha apenas os 12 primeiros núcleos da CPU e exclua o restante dessa maneira. Depende de quantos threads sua CPU possui e, portanto, remova o restante. Como minha CPU possui apenas 12 threads, mantive apenas os 12 primeiros e removerei o restante que mostrei na imagem abaixo.

3). Salve o arquivo como DSDT.aml

188008-screen-shot-2021-12-13-at-11-39-0

4). Coloque este DSDT.aml na pasta ACPI 

5). Reiniciar.

Agora não haverá reinicializações aleatórias durante a reinicialização.

• Administrators
8 hours ago, Nikolay Schabalin said:

не могу установить big sur, паника ядра.

https://www.olarila.com/topic/20908-easy-fast-and-perfect-vanilla-hackintosh-clover-and-opencore-windows-linux-or-macos/

-Donations-

PayPal HERE - Stripe HERE - Ko-Fi HERE - BuyMeaCoffee HERE - Mercado Livre HERE

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3 - BNB 0x10D1d656eCa00bD521f9b4A43B83098B8142e115 - USDT BSC BEP20 0xb57cfdfa371fad1981910f0e8332409ab99f74d9 - USDT TRC20 TUR6Z9AVS4AYzqPnULoHrfFvppRbhXmNbZ - KASPA kaspa:qpxzufgfj8p6r0krg58yzvs0009h2mwqgvcawa0xc2pth7sgzpv56j4f6dtvk - PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

Premium Users HERE - Problems with Paypal HERE

xcd5u2Y.png

New ways to earn money with Linkvertise HERE