Graissechel

Asus N580GD (Help me for install Big Sur)

Hi everyone,

I had already previously opened a topic to install High Sierra however, for personal reasons I had to remove it :/
I would like to install Big Sur now but with OpenCore, I can't even boot on it, I'm stuck on the "DSMOS has arrived" line so it's totally impossible to install the OS.
Knowing that my NVIDIA graphics card was a problem at first, I could disable it with Clover in High Sierra but this is obviously not the case here with OpenCore. So I can't install it.
I put below my hardware configuration, some of my components were natively supported and others required patches :

• Processor : Intel Core i7-8750H (2.2Ghz 6 Cores)
  • Motherboard : Asus X580GD (with HM370 chipset)
  • Graphics Processor : Intel UHD Graphics 630
  • RAM : 32GB (HyperX 2x16GB DDR4 2666MHz)
  • Graphics Card : Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 4GB -> Discrete GPU but never work
  • Wifi : Intel Wireless AC 9560 + Bluetooth -> Maybe it can work with this kext : https://openintelwireless.github.io/itlwm/
  • Ethernet: I didn't have to install a kext on High Sierra, I think it could be supported natively
  • SD Card Reader: Realtek USB 2.0 Card Reader (Never work on High Sierra)
  • Headphone/microphone jack (combo)
  • Fingerprint: ELAN WBF Fingerprint Sensor (Never work on High Sierra)
  • Touchpad: Asus Precision Touchpad (Works after long manipulations in the configuration files)
  • Webcam : Supported natively
  • Audio : Worked very well with AppleALC.kext, just need to find the audio ID
  • Storage : Samsung SSD 980 Pro 1TB
  • Battery : Battery indicators were a bit buggy on High Sierra

I also have 1 USB 3.0, 2 USB 2.0, 1 USB type C and 1 HDMI port (HDMI never work because it's connected to the NVIDIA graphic card)

I try to be as precise as possible in describing my configuration, I also put a link to the Asus website about my model :

https://www.asus.com/us/supportonly/N580GD/HelpDesk/

Thank you in advance for your help.

• Administrators

-Donations-

PayPal HERE - Stripe HERE - Ko-Fi HERE - BuyMeaCoffee HERE - Mercado Livre HERE

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3 - BNB 0x10D1d656eCa00bD521f9b4A43B83098B8142e115 - USDT BSC BEP20 0xb57cfdfa371fad1981910f0e8332409ab99f74d9 - USDT TRC20 TUR6Z9AVS4AYzqPnULoHrfFvppRbhXmNbZ - KASPA kaspa:qpxzufgfj8p6r0krg58yzvs0009h2mwqgvcawa0xc2pth7sgzpv56j4f6dtvk - PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

Premium Users HERE - Problems with Paypal HERE

xcd5u2Y.png

New ways to earn money with Linkvertise HERE

After a long day of hard work trying to follow the tutorials, I run into some awkward issues

With OpenCore, the boot crashes every other time, it's quite random. Moreover, once the OS is installed, it's impossible to access the EFI partition, the terminal tells me there's an error that prevents me from mounting the volume. I tried to format the partition in FAT16 or FAT32, it's the same without success. But no problem with HFS. So I'm stuck for this part because I can't install the drivers or configure the config.plist

I also tried with Clover since I'm a bit more familiar with this bootloader to try to solve the problems, I did download as the guide indicated the Clover file corresponding to my chipset but I can't boot, I end up with a forbidden logo. So what do I have to do to make it work ?

• Administrators

use this folder and edit things if u need

https://tinyurl.com/y7puzwv9

-Donations-

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3 - BNB 0x10D1d656eCa00bD521f9b4A43B83098B8142e115 - USDT BSC BEP20 0xb57cfdfa371fad1981910f0e8332409ab99f74d9 - USDT TRC20 TUR6Z9AVS4AYzqPnULoHrfFvppRbhXmNbZ - KASPA kaspa:qpxzufgfj8p6r0krg58yzvs0009h2mwqgvcawa0xc2pth7sgzpv56j4f6dtvk - PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

xcd5u2Y.png

I managed to install BigSur. But I'm encountering some problems : the drivers
I followed the tutorials but I can't get my machine to work at all. I had the same problem with HighSierra at the time

First of all, the graphics have glitches that are quite disturbing (I had to use the EFI files of the boot key otherwise I couldn't boot up)
My processor is not recognized in "About this Mac", nor the serial number or the model of the Mac and I don't know how to modify it at all with OpenCore

The only functional driver is the Ethernet one, I can access the internet without any problem on it
Then, the usual problems : glitchy graphics, touchpad, FN keys on the keyboard, battery indicator (functionnal but buggy), etc...

EDIT : Sound finally work Conexant CX8150 with layout 21

I had tried to remove some kext that I didn't need but if I did it I couldn't boot and I don't understand at all why. And often the boot crashes 1 time out of 2 it shows me :
"EXC_RESOURCE -> MRT [75] exceeded mem limit: InactiveSoft 50 MB (non-fatal)"
followed by a line saying that my hard disk is mounted and dismounted.
And finally the line that blocks everything:
"IOKit Daemon (kernelmanagerd) stall[0], (60s): 'X86PlatformPlugin' "

I put here the link of the SendMe : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1i7oell5xY1GSxKBBcDyKSmuyzsGlWgy3/view?usp=sharing

Could someone please help me?

Edited by Graissechel

• Administrators

update bootloader

Archive.zip

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png

I added and replaced the drivers in your archive to put them in my EFI partition but it didn't change much.

I'm also trying to set up the Wifi with the itlwm.kext but it doesn't seem to work even if you follow the instructions on https://openintelwireless.github.io/itlwm/ and either in the EFI partition or in /Library/Extensions.
In the terminal I have an error of this type :

Defaulting to kernel file '/System/Library/kernels/kernel'.
Executing: /usr/bin/kmutil load --bundle-path /tmp/itlwm.kext
Error Domain=KMErrotDomain Code=71 "Unable to resolve dependencies for com.zxystd.itlwm: 'com.zxystd.itlwm' names a dependency on 'com.apple.kpi.mach', which was not found." UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Unable to resolve dependencies for com.zxystd.itlwm : 'com.zxystd.itlwm' names a dependency on 'com.apple.kpi.mach', which was not found.}

There's a chance to fix this Wifi problem, so it would be cool if it could be solved.

About the rest, i.e. the buggy graphics, the FN keys on the keyboard, the touchpad or the About this Mac which is incomplete how to do ?

• Administrators

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png

Here is the RunMe archive : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ioqMToZKbTZD_jlh0uQrp-9Rnh0iD7iN/view?usp=sharing

Thanks to Hackintool I managed to install Wifi and it works. However the Bluetooth does not work

The problems mentioned above are still current despite the attempts I have made to modify them

Edited by Graissechel

• Administrators

first update bootloader and kexts. have a several fixes

https://github.com/acidanthera

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png

• Administrators

remove npci-0x2000 if u used and remove alcid=xx bootargs too

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png

I had a N580VD laptop but broke the motherboard and replaced it with a N580GD motherboard. Because I now have the newer Coffee Lake CPU (instead of a Kaby Lake) I will need to completely re-do the EFI. 

I will let you know when I manage to install Big Sur.

Edited by Denisuu

5 hours ago, Denisuu said:

Here are the files: https://github.com/Denisuu/ASUS-N580GD-Hackintosh

Everything works accept for trackpad and HDMI.

• Trackpad: is showing up as ETPD in IOreg but doesn't work yet.
  • HDMI: I'm currently using 2 external displays with a Dell D6000 universal dock over USB-C which does work.

N580GD IOreg.7z 2.02 MB · 38 downloadsfor trackpad use voodoo i2c and voodooi2chid and ssdst i ve posted 

6 minutes ago, Vincenzo Romito said:

Post your efi and i ll send you modified.