shrisha

Please help with Geforce 970M. MSI gaming notebook.

I did perfect install of High Sierra on msi gt72 6qd notebook. The only problem is graphics card. It's booting fine with nv_disable flag and give full resolution but show only 8mb video ram, I install nvidia web drivers and when I boot with it enabled I'm getting garbled screen. Any thoughts on that?

This notebook do have a switch between intel and nvidia graphics and I switch it to nvidia in windows. Was looking for fix for few days with no success. Please help :)

booting fine with nv_disable flag and give full resolution but show only 8mb video ram, I install nvidia web drivers and when I boot with it enabled I'm getting garbled screen

1. nv_disable bootflag is to disable Nvidia driver from loading, why then do you install web driver?

2. When you mentioned intel and nvidia graphics switching, is this possible via bios or nvidia software in windows?

Donate

Gitter Chat

Acer Aspire V15 Nitro- Black Edition VN7-592G/HM170 Chipset

Intel i7-6700HQ, 8GB RAM (UEFI Clover Catalina)

MSI B360 Gaming Arctic

Intel i5-8600 16GB RAM Asus Radeon RX580 8GB (UEFI Clover Catalina)

I installed nvidia graphics driver but it's not working properly. So I have to use nv_disable flag to boot into system.

Yes it's the physical button on notebooks panel. you have to press and msi software will detect it then show you small utility window where you can switch between two graphics card and You have to reboot computer to apply it.

there is no options to do it in BIOS I checked everywhere.

[ref]shrisha[/ref],

Yes it's the physical button on notebooks panel. you have to press and msi software will detect it then show you small utility window where you can switch between two graphics card and You have to reboot computer to apply it.

Interesting..

Anyway,

1. Use this utility for your web driver - https://github.com/Benjamin-Dobell/nvidia-update

2. Untick "inject-intel" and delete contents in "ig-platform-id" in config.plist

See if that helps.

Donate

Gitter Chat

Acer Aspire V15 Nitro- Black Edition VN7-592G/HM170 Chipset

Intel i7-6700HQ, 8GB RAM (UEFI Clover Catalina)

MSI B360 Gaming Arctic

Intel i5-8600 16GB RAM Asus Radeon RX580 8GB (UEFI Clover Catalina)

• Administrators

[ref]shrisha[/ref], check if work

EFI.zip

-Donations-

PayPal HERE - Stripe HERE - Ko-Fi HERE - BuyMeaCoffee HERE - Mercado Livre HERE

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3 - BNB 0x10D1d656eCa00bD521f9b4A43B83098B8142e115 - USDT BSC BEP20 0xb57cfdfa371fad1981910f0e8332409ab99f74d9 - USDT TRC20 TUR6Z9AVS4AYzqPnULoHrfFvppRbhXmNbZ - KASPA kaspa:qpxzufgfj8p6r0krg58yzvs0009h2mwqgvcawa0xc2pth7sgzpv56j4f6dtvk - PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

Premium Users HERE - Problems with Paypal HERE

xcd5u2Y.png

New ways to earn money with Linkvertise HERE