Sion

[GUIDE] macOS Mojave 10.14.4 – Intel HD Graphics (1st Gen – Arrandale)

10---Instalacao-macOS-Mojave.png

The experience described in this guide is not limited to the hardware and version of the discussed macOS.

The macOS Mojave, despite the desert inspiration, is a watershed between the traditional versions of macOS and the future planned by Apple.

But why not take advantage of this innovation in older hardware?

This question motivated me to seek solutions until I came to the conclusion that it was possible, but with the ideal conditions.

Looking at the successful experiences of old Mac users and comparing to the Hackintosh universe, I decided to add two powerful tools to achieve this goal: Olarila High Sierra 10.13.6 and dosdude1.

With the Olarila High Sierra, properly installed and configured on the laptop, conditions were created for dosdude1 to understand that this was the hardware of an old Mac.

The process occurred as an upgrade from High Sierra to Mojave, because in a clean install the configured EFI partition would be lost.

In the present experiment, updating was the only way. For dosdude1 did not only load the Mojave with the Clover present in the Olarila High Sierra. It is possible that in other experiments the process only flows with the pen drivers.

Requirements

1 - MacOS Sierra or High Sierra version previously installed and configured. (Maybe it will work with earlier versions of macOS).

Download

17---Instalacao-macOS-Mojave.png

2 - APFS partition scheme so that Mojave can receive future updates via the App Store. It also works with the Mac OS Expanded (Journaling) scheme, however, Mojave will not update automatically.

3 - Mac OS installer Mojave 10.14.4 already downloaded and loaded in Applications.

4 - Latest version of dosdude1 macOS Mojave Patcher.

Download - http://dosdude1.com

5 - 16 GB drive pen.

6 - Backup of all Kexts installed directly on the system (Library / Extensions or System / Library / Extensions), as they will be overwritten.

Update

Based on the previous installation of macOS with the APFS partition, the update was started only by clicking Continue.

1---Instalacao-macOS-Mojave.png

After the delayed update, it was necessary to remove the pen drive with the Mojave installer so that the Clover could be loaded.

Post-installation

With the pen drive inserted again, just like the older Macs, it was necessary to load the Mojave installer again so that the Post-Installation utility could run.

2---Instalacao-macOS-Mojave.png

In this step the Mac model corresponding to the hardware used was selected and the patches were automatically suggested. Then select the disk where macOS was installed.

First startup

After the usual setup steps it was the first time the initial boot. Despite the slowness, Mojave started with an Optimization process.

3---nstalacao-macOS-Mojave.png

Installation of Kexts

The update overwrites the Kexts installed directly on the previous version of macOS and had to be reinstalled with the Kext Utility. Among the overwritten Kexts is (1st Gen) Intel HD Graphics.

Donwloadhttps://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/208-1st-gen-intel-hd-graphics-kexts/

4---Instalacao-macOS-Mojave.png

AirPortAtheros40 installer (Wi-Fi)

It escapes the subject of the guide, but I found it interesting to comment. Mojave no longer supports Atheros Wi-Fi adapters, preventing the wireless network from working. To work around this situation, you ran AirPortAtheros40 installer.

Download – 

5---Instalacao-macOS-Mojave.png

The result was immediate.

6---Instalacao-macOS-Mojave.png

The AirPortAtheros40 installer required the restart of Mojave, but it was necessary to fix the system slowness.

TRIM (SSD)

Another issue besides the subject of the guide, but equally important. Although Mojave has been installed on an SSD, without the TRIM feature enabled, the experience of using macOS can be very unpleasant. To correct the problem the command was executed in the terminal: sudo trimforce enable

8---Instalacao-macOS-Mojave.png

Post-configuration

After the settings and restart of the macOS the graphic result was expected. Because of Mojave's requirements and the capacity of older graphics chips, the light theme had unusual color and opacity.

9---Instalacao-macOS-Mojave.png

But in the dark theme the result was quite satisfactory as can be seen in Safari.

11---Instalacao-macOS-Mojave.png

As well as in the Launchpad.

12---Instalacao-macOS-Mojave.png

Still in the Launchpad, in Others, you could find dosdude1's automatic updates utility.

13---Instalacao-macOS-Mojave.png

Shortly thereafter the utility displays alert for new updates that are more geared towards older Macs. Installation in the Hackintosh scenario is not mandatory.

15---Instalacao-macOS-Mojave.png

To finish, a more recent screenshot displaying transparency under the dark theme in the Finder.

16---Instalacao-macOS-Mojave.png

Credits

MaLd0n – Olarila macOS; dosdude1 - macOS Mojave Patcher; GhostRaider – (1st Gen) Intel HD Graphics; Cyberdevs - AirPortAtheros40 installer; Rehabman – All Kexts; Mirone - AppleHDA Patcher; nikkpap – Atheros AR5B195

Good Hack!

[ref]Sion[/ref], :guitar:guitar

now for the english version lol good job though

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB DDR4 3200MHz, Sapphire rx 5700 XT, fractal celcius s36

:superman:superman

HP Notebook - 15-ay028ca (Touch), 16 GB 2133 MHz DDR4, Intel HD Graphics 520 1536 MB

Asus z97-c i5, i5 4460, 32 GB 1648 MHz DDR3, Radeon RX 560 4096 MB, Corsair H75 Liquid CPU Cooler

[ref]Sion[/ref], all is good an your welcome enjoy your hack :superman

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB DDR4 3200MHz, Sapphire rx 5700 XT, fractal celcius s36

HP Notebook - 15-ay028ca (Touch), 16 GB 2133 MHz DDR4, Intel HD Graphics 520 1536 MB

Asus z97-c i5, i5 4460, 32 GB 1648 MHz DDR3, Radeon RX 560 4096 MB, Corsair H75 Liquid CPU Cooler

[ref]Sion[/ref], all is good an your welcome enjoy your hack :superman

erroruser,

I was thinking about your suggestion and observing the lack of interest of the Brazilian public, I decided to translate the guide. I hope this experience helps other people reach the Mojave macOS.

Thank you.

awesome i will definitely keep this in mind an if anyone else is doing the same, i will pass on for others :meeting

• Administrators

Nice! :cap

-Donations-

PayPal HERE - Stripe HERE - Ko-Fi HERE - BuyMeaCoffee HERE - Mercado Livre HERE

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3 - BNB 0x10D1d656eCa00bD521f9b4A43B83098B8142e115 - USDT BSC BEP20 0xb57cfdfa371fad1981910f0e8332409ab99f74d9 - USDT TRC20 TUR6Z9AVS4AYzqPnULoHrfFvppRbhXmNbZ - KASPA kaspa:qpxzufgfj8p6r0krg58yzvs0009h2mwqgvcawa0xc2pth7sgzpv56j4f6dtvk - PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

Premium Users HERE - Problems with Paypal HERE

xcd5u2Y.png

New ways to earn money with Linkvertise HERE

does it work with the intel hd 3000?

Probably because it is an update.

If you already have a previous installation of macOS like the High Sierra, you can simply upgrade to Mojave with the dosdude1 MacOS Mojave Patcher.

What you will need to do is to reinstall the installed Kexts directly on the system as they will be overwritten.

It worked for me and I hope it works for you too.

Good Hack!

Update for MacOS Mojave 10.14.5

Update-Mojave-10.14.5---Captura-de-Tela---2019-05-17---as-12.06.07.jpg

As commented in the Guide, including dosdude1 on your site and YouTube, the APFS partition scheme receives updates normally.

But I decided to recreate the Pen drive with the most current version of MacOS Mojave Patcher, 1.3.2.

To download the Mojave image, I opted for the utility itself that downloads the latest version of macOS directly from Apple servers.

Download-Mojave---Captura-de-Tela-2019-05-19-as-22.39.50.png

Downloaded and re-created the Pen drive, follow the steps in the Guide.

The only detail was regarding the video of this hardware. I needed a FakeID to load it after installing Mojave and applying the Patch to Post-installation.

In this case the FakeID was 0x12345678 and "Voilà", macOS ready to be reconfigured.

And as expected, two days after the Update, the dosdude1 Patch Updater reported on the availability of a new Patch.

Patch-Updater---Captura-de-Tela-2019-05-19--as---11.51.09.jpg

Good Hack!

Back again!

So after many tries the only thing I got working is a better resolution but I am not getting acceleration, about Mac says Intel HD Graphics 4MB,

my boot arguments are:

dart=0 npci=0x2000 kext-dev-mode=1

Does SMBIOS needs to be changed? Mine is at iMac14,2

Checked: PatchVBios and Inject Intel

Kext installed is the one that is mentioned. (I am running at 1366x768)

Fake ID changed.

Am I dumb and missing something or I need something else? :crazy:

Thank you already for your help! :superman

Quick Update

Changed Bios and booting with -no_compat_check seems to show me 288mb gpu. But still I am not getting hardware accelerated! :oops::oops:

Quick Update

Changed Bios and booting with -no_compat_check seems to show me 288mb gpu. But still I am not getting hardware accelerated!

Enabling graphical acceleration on Intel HD Graphics is not an exact science. But I can say that it depends on the Framebuffer used.

The tip I give you is: use the same Framebuffer used in the Sierra or High Sierra.

Ahm, we're talking about an Upgrade, right?

Anyway, there is a material on which I have based all the experiments described so far.

It's a bit long, but you can go directly to the part of choosing the right Framebuffer for your system.

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/286092-guide-1st-generation-intel-hd-graphics-qeci/

1st-Gen-Intel-HD---Framebuffer---Captura-de-Tela-2019-05-31-as-21.43.23.png

I strongly recommend the reading and a bit of persistence.

Try this FakeID: 0x12345678

If that works, you can configure FakeID from the Clover Configurator so that it will always load.

If it does not work, you will need to test the Framebuffer following the guidelines of the above knowledge base.

Good Hack!

Alright, so I am actually installing the MacOS High Sierra provided by Olarila which claims to have clover, necessary kexts and patches required to install a system having a 1st Gen Intel HD Graphics... I did this to hopefully get my friend's acer aspire 4738 to MacOS High Sierra.. however, after using etcher to create the bootable USB, it runs through verbose mode and when I used both config.plist and config2.plist, it hangs and gets stuck at an error: "en0: channel changed to 1", please can I have a solution to this because I am honestly going crazy about this issue... :crazy:

Hello there,

I'd issues after upgrading to Catalina. I've decided a fresh install and yeah, now:

- I've sound through HDMI

- I've now beautiful fonts

- I've now USB with charge

- I've filevault enabled!

Fresh is the key ! :-)

But, why saying that.. it's about "trim". I don't have trim enabled with trimforce and I'd like to know if it's really necessary?

TIA

(I'm using Samsung SSD)