Pako Soto

Need help: High Sierra + MSI Z370M Gaming Pro AC + i7-9700K

Hello,

I would like to install Olarila Mojave GM on my computer. The specifications of my desktop are:

- MSI Z370M Gaming Pro AC

- Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6Ghz

- Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming 8GB GDDR5

- Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000 PC4-24000 32GB 2x16GB CL15

- Samsung 850 EVO - Solid hard drive (500 GB)

- Toshiba OCZ TR200 SSD 240GB SATA3

I used Etcher.app to create a bootable usb with the Olarila Mojave GM image. Later I installed clover in the usb with Clover_v2.4k_r4813. Next I have replaced the "CLOVER" folder on the usb with "Clover Folder Series 100.200.300".

Once this is done, I have restarted the computer and started from the usb. I select the option "boot macOS install from install macOS Mojave". Before the installation screen appears, the following appears:

">

Once there, I delete and format "mac os plus with registration" on the disk where I want to install the system. In this case the Samsung 850 EVO. The system starts to install, but when there are approximately 2 minutes left to finish the process, the installation is interrupted and the following appears:

">

Finally, after the error in the installation, the system restarts and starts from the hard disk, the installation seems to continue and during the process an error reappears. In this case, a message appears that says the following: "Unable to install macOS on the computer: The target disk is too small for this operation, exit the installer to restart the computer and try again."

I know I must be doing wrong but right now I'm a little lost and any help is welcome. I report that I have tried to install with the front usb and also from the usb ports on the motherboard. Also that in the on the other hard drive (Toshiba OCZ TR200) I have installed windows 10.

If someone can help me with a correct configuration for the bios my motherboard would appreciate it. This way I could know if the error is in the bios configuration.

Thank you very much and best regards.

PS: I'm not sure if I posted on the right thread. If it is necessary to move the post to the correct thread there is no problem. Thank you.

Edited by Guest

you can not install mojave with the gpu you can only use high sierra

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB DDR4 3200MHz, Sapphire rx 5700 XT, fractal celcius s36

:superman:superman

HP Notebook - 15-ay028ca (Touch), 16 GB 2133 MHz DDR4, Intel HD Graphics 520 1536 MB

Asus z97-c i5, i5 4460, 32 GB 1648 MHz DDR3, Radeon RX 560 4096 MB, Corsair H75 Liquid CPU Cooler

Boot macOS Install from Macintosh HD

This is what you should choose on reboot

Added in 11 seconds:

Boot macOS Install from Macintosh HD

This is what you should choose on reboot

Donate

Gitter Chat

Acer Aspire V15 Nitro- Black Edition VN7-592G/HM170 Chipset

Intel i7-6700HQ, 8GB RAM (UEFI Clover Catalina)

MSI B360 Gaming Arctic

Intel i5-8600 16GB RAM Asus Radeon RX580 8GB (UEFI Clover Catalina)

First, thank you for your response.

That is the option I choose, then what happens is: "...the installation seems to continue and during the process an error reappears. In this case, a message appears that says the following: "Unable to install macOS on the computer: The target disk is too small for this operation, exit the installer to restart the computer and try again."

Re-do again and make sure you erase SSD with GUID partition and choose HSPlus/apfs as file system. Also check that you choose the correct SSD or partition for OS installation. By now, I assume you are trying High Sierra since Mojave does not support the GPU that you are having.

Also check that BIOS is set at AHCI.

Note: Do note make multiple posts in other thread with your issues.

Donate

Gitter Chat

MSI B360 Gaming Arctic

Thank you very much for your help onemanosx,

Of course, since I have been told that my gpu is not compatible with mojave I have always tried High Sierra. The bios was set correctly at AHCI. I have tried again and I have deleted the disk. This time I have formatted it with APFS instead of MacOS Plus registered as you have told me and fortunately I have been able to install the system.

I still have many things to solve. At first glance I can see that I do not have audio and neither do wifi and bluetooth work. But at least I have something to start working with because video acceleration works (after installing Nvidia WebDriver Sierra) and also the ethernet network card.

Thanks again.

[ref]Pako Soto[/ref], run http://Olarila.com/files/Utils/RunMe.app.zip and post in DSDT request forum.

https://Olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=70910#p70910

Come back here, if you have other issues to solve.

Congrats!

Donate

Gitter Chat

MSI B360 Gaming Arctic

MaLd0n has first provided me with the DSDT.aml.zip file. Could you guide me on what I should do now?

place the DSDT in Clover/ACPI/patched folder and reboot.

Donate

Gitter Chat

MSI B360 Gaming Arctic

those that come integrated on the motherboard

I am afraid intel wifi will not work. you will need to get supported wifi card. The most used is the Broadcom's BCM4360 models.

Upload new send_me files here.

Donate

Gitter Chat

MSI B360 Gaming Arctic

[ref]Pako Soto[/ref], Then you should ask that user :mrgreen: In my experience unsupported Wifi will never work and unsupported bluetooth is buggy to say the least. I never said bluetooth will never work tho... ;)

Donate

Gitter Chat

MSI B360 Gaming Arctic

• Administrators

[ref]Pako Soto[/ref], lol

it's normal, forget it

-Donations-

PayPal HERE - Stripe HERE - Ko-Fi HERE - BuyMeaCoffee HERE - Mercado Livre HERE

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3 - BNB 0x10D1d656eCa00bD521f9b4A43B83098B8142e115 - USDT BSC BEP20 0xb57cfdfa371fad1981910f0e8332409ab99f74d9 - USDT TRC20 TUR6Z9AVS4AYzqPnULoHrfFvppRbhXmNbZ - KASPA kaspa:qpxzufgfj8p6r0krg58yzvs0009h2mwqgvcawa0xc2pth7sgzpv56j4f6dtvk - PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

Premium Users HERE - Problems with Paypal HERE

xcd5u2Y.png

New ways to earn money with Linkvertise HERE