foliasis

[Dell Vostro 3558] Please help! Mojave audio and Synaptics I2C Touchpad Problem

Hi this is my first post on this forum. Please correct me if I make mistakes or break forum rules.

I have successfully installed Mojave 10.4 on my Dell Vostro 3558 (Intel Corei3-4005U/Realtek ALC255/I2C-HID Touchpad Synaptics-Dell). Previously I was able to use I2C Trackpad and audio in High Sierra using VoodooI2C with DSDT Patch and ApplePS2SmartTouchpad.kext and the audio by using HDAPatcher(MironeAudio) and using the patched kexts and config.plist and DSDT patch.

However in Mojave I am unable to get audio using HDA Patcher or Apple ALC using layout 2

Also its not relevant to this post but I am unable to get I2C Touchpad working. I tried VoodooI2C and related files, AppleSmartTouchpad.kext. The touchpad works using VoodooPS2controller.kext but there is no tap to click or gestures.

I will be very glad and indebted if you can help me with my issues.

Thank you

PS. I am attaching my Clover/IORegFiles/KextOutput

ioreg.zip

• Administrators

[ref]foliasis[/ref], I2C is a very personal patch, u can read here

https://voodooi2c.github.io/#GPIO%20Pinning/GPIO%20Pinning

-Donations-

PayPal HERE - Stripe HERE - Ko-Fi HERE - BuyMeaCoffee HERE - Mercado Livre HERE

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3 - BNB 0x10D1d656eCa00bD521f9b4A43B83098B8142e115 - USDT BSC BEP20 0xb57cfdfa371fad1981910f0e8332409ab99f74d9 - USDT TRC20 TUR6Z9AVS4AYzqPnULoHrfFvppRbhXmNbZ - KASPA kaspa:qpxzufgfj8p6r0krg58yzvs0009h2mwqgvcawa0xc2pth7sgzpv56j4f6dtvk - PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

Premium Users HERE - Problems with Paypal HERE

xcd5u2Y.png

New ways to earn money with Linkvertise HERE

For I2C you probably need to rebuild cache after upgrade. I am sure you are still using the dsdt from HSierra. Let me know if that helps. Otherwise post send me file

Donate

Gitter Chat

Acer Aspire V15 Nitro- Black Edition VN7-592G/HM170 Chipset

Intel i7-6700HQ, 8GB RAM (UEFI Clover Catalina)

MSI B360 Gaming Arctic

Intel i5-8600 16GB RAM Asus Radeon RX580 8GB (UEFI Clover Catalina)

Thanks a lot @onemanosx for the prompt reply.

1. I was able to get the I2C Trackpad working with High Sierra using the VoodooI2C kexts, DSDT patch that were mentioned in the post. But since Mojave (10.14.1) I am unable to do that. When I use VoodooPS2Controller.kext I can use the touchpad but no tap to click or multi finger gestures. So can you help me get Tap to click work with Mojave?

2. I have rebuilt the DSDT from scratch after Mojave upgrade.

3. My Realtek ALC 255 is also not working with AppleHDAPatcher(Mirone audio 10.9)/AppleALC+Lilu+Inject id 2 (under Device/Properties in config.plist-Clover).

4. All of these were working in high Sierra

5. I have uploaded ioreg.zip in the first post it includes Clover/DSDT/Terminal Kext Output/ioreg

Thanks again for sparing your time.

[ref]foliasis[/ref], Use this folder with your working I2c High Sierra DSDT. Boot and rebuild cache and reboot.

Upon reboot run this app and upload here http://Olarila.com/files/Utils/RunMe.app.zip

CLOVER 2.zip

Donate

Gitter Chat

MSI B360 Gaming Arctic

Ok thanks. I will try in an hour (presently at my clinic).

Can you give some ideas how to get my audio working (Realtek ALC255) tried AppleALC+Lilu but no audio output devices. Also the next output gives some error I have uploaded that in the zip file as text.

Thanks again

I copied the Clover folder that you attached, rebuilt the cache and rebooted.

When running the Runme.app the application hangs on retrying to get the ioreg dump.

However in the first post I have attached all the necessary files in a zip that I extracted manually. Can you have a look at those? Or help me extract using Runme.app?

You are expected to reuse your i2c patched dsdt from High Sierra or repatch your current dsdt to enable i2c trackpad.

However I am not sure which method is working for you since you had used 2 different kexts for trackpad which is unrelated to each other

Donate

Gitter Chat

MSI B360 Gaming Arctic

What to do about Realtek ALC 255?

Provided you did not use patched AppleHDA and did not install VoodooHDA or sound related kexts in S/L/E, you will need to choose correct layout-id for your laptop if you decide to use AppleALC + Lilu kexts.

Check layout ids here: https://github.com/acidanthera/AppleALC/tree/master/Resources/ALC255

Looking at your ioreg you posted, DSDT injection for layout id is working as expected.

Donate

Gitter Chat

MSI B360 Gaming Arctic

Thanks everyone for you help.

What worked for me.

1. Realtek ALC 255 - AppleALC/Lilu in L/E and injecting layouts-id=7 and alc-layout-id=3 under Device/Properties

2. Synaptics Trackpad - ApplePS2SmartTouchpad.kext in L/E (Voodoo works partially) and Roollback Touchpad Prefpane from Sierra to get the double tap etc working.