egarbage

Dell G7 7588 (i7-8750H Coffee Lake) High Sierra Working

Laptop Selection:

I work mostly from home and travel about 20% of the time. For that reason I don't mind a larger laptop, with poorer battery life and higher performance. Additionally, I only purchase a new laptop every five or six years, so I want a laptop with a higher core count. Another key criteria for me was Thunderbolt 3/USB-C support, since having a 40Gb/s link offers a good amount of headroom and I like the idea of having only a Thunderbolt hub to disconnect when I need to be mobile. For me all this boiled down to a laptop with a i7-8750H CPU, since I wanted something available now, since Intel's 10nm CPUs won't be available in volume until 2019. My goal was to spend around $1000, but reality kicked in when I realized that I wanted 16GB of RAM to emulate other OSes within High Sierra and a 500GB SSD. In reality I'm closer to $1350 or so due to the upgrades I wanted. The good news is that now I have a screaming fast mac that can emulate windows too and barely ever breaks a sweat.

I considered the below laptops with 16GB DDR4:

~ HP Omen 15-dc0051nr $1100 GTX 1060

~ MSI GL63 8RC $1100 GTX 1050

~ MSI GP63 8RE $1502 GTX 1060

~ Dell G7 15 7588 $1200 GTX 1060 Max-Q

~ HP EliteBook 1050 G1 $2889 GTX 1050

~ Razer Blade 15 $2600 GTX 1070 Max-Q

~ Asus Zephyrus M GM501GS $2398 GTX 1070

~ Gigabyte Aero 15W V8-BK4 $2000 GTX 1060

~ Gigabyte Aero 15X V8-BK4K4P $2500 GTX 1070 Max-Q

Initially I purchased the HP Omen 15-dc0051nr due to it's low cost and it was available at a store nearby. The fan was really loud and kicked on very easily, but on the plus side I was able to load High Sierra on this machine, but found the lack of BIOS flexibility quite maddening. I wasn't able to boot directly to Clover then High Sierra. Potentially I missed something, but the BIOS was super restrictive on this machine. Needless to say I returned this machine. Next on the list was the Dell G7 15 7588, again due to it's low price and availability at a store near me, which is ultimately what I settled on.

Final Purchase:

Dell G7 7588 with i7-8750H (Coffee Lake CPU) GTX1060 Model: I7588-7378BLK

Dell - G7 15.6" Laptop - Intel Core i7 - 16GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 - 128GB Solid State Drive + 1TB Hard Drive - Licorice Black $1199 Best Buy https://www.bestbuy.com/site/dell-g...-drive-licorice-black/6212435.p?skuId=6212435

Upgrades:

-NVMe M.2 SSD Samsung 960 EVO Series - 500GB NVMe - M.2 Internal SSD (MZ-V6E500BW) $155.00 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M20VBU7

-USB C Hub, Ethernet Port, 4K USB C to HDMI, 3 USB 3.0 Ports $60.00 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071G83L1J

-Broadcom BCM94352Z Dell DW1560 NGFF Wireless-AC 867Mbps WiFi Bluetooth 4.0 Card $35.00 https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313.TR2.TRC1.A0.H0.XDW1560.TRS0&_nkw=DW1560&_sacat=0

-Protective Decal Seascape Skin Sticker for Dell Inspiron i7588 / 7588 $35.00 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CR7X245

What's Working:

Intel UHD Graphics 630 1920 x 1080, probably could go uptown 4K if my monitor supported it. Keyboard brightness keys work.

keyboard and trackpad

Audio: integrated speakers, integrated microphone, also keyboard volume keys work as well

Video Camera

10/100/1000 RJ45 Ethernet

SD Card slot

USB ports

Thunderbolt port

Battery display

WiFi (need to purchase DW1560 $35.00 via ebay or $79 Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Delectronics&field-keywords=DW1560

4K video (needed to purchase Anker 5-in-1 USB C Hub with HDMI, $60.00 Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071G83L1J, Ethernet port is useless, since the G7 7588 built in Ethernet port works

What's NOT Working:

Integrated HDMI port, since it's connected to the GTX1060, no integrated HDMI audio either - use Thunderbolt to HDMI adaptor

After sleep audio may not return, remedied short term with USB Audio $6.49 Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001MSS6CS

Sometimes need to reboot up to 3 times to get a successful boot, otherwise it just hangs

(OPTIONAL) Copy Windows 10 from 128GB M.2 SSD to 2.5" 1TB Hard Drive. Download and install Clonezilla to USB https://clonezilla.org/downloads/download.php?branch=stable. From there you can copy Windows to the Hard Drive. This turned out to be less exciting, since I emulate Windows anyway from within High Sierra.

(OPTIONAL) Once the image is cloned, switch Windows 10 booting mode from RAID to AHCI, so we can also boot mac. Right click Start -> Open PowerShell (Admin) -> type "bcdedit /set safeboot minimal" -> reboot, hit F2 to enter BIOS -> set SATA Operation: AHCI -> Save -> reboot into Safe mode -> Right click Start -> Open PowerShell (Admin) -> type "bcdedit /deletevalue safeboot" -> reboot. Now you should be able to boot in AHCI mode.

High Sierra installation GUIDE:

1 Update BIOS to 1.3.0: download @ https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04Drivers/ Search: Dell G7 7588 -> select Downloads and Drivers then place it on a USB stick.

Press F12 to access the one-time boot menu -> Select BIOS Flash Update in the Other Options section -> Click on the ... button to browse the USB flash device to locate the downloaded file and flash BIOS.

2 BIOS SETTINGS (OFF UNLESS SPECIFIED):

General

-Boot Sequence: UEFI

-Advanced Boot Options: Enable Legacy Option ROMs

-UEFI Boot Path Security: Never

System Configuration

-Integrated NIC: Enabled

-SATA Operation: AHCI

-Drives: SATA-0, M.2 PCIe SSD0, SATA-1 All Enabled

-Enable SMART Reporting: Enabled

-Enable USB Boot Support and Enable External USB Port: both Enabled

-Thunderbolt: Enable Thunderbolt Technology Support: Enabled, Security level - No Security

-USB PowerShare: Enabled

-Audio Enabled, Enable Microphone and Enable Internal Speaker both selected

-Keyboard Illumination: Bright

-Keyboard Backlight Timeout on AC: 1 min

-Keyboard Backlight Timeout on Battery: 1 min

-Miscellaneous Devices: Enable Camera Selected

Video/LCD Brightness: Battery 50%, AC 100%

Security: All disabled/deselected/deactivated

Intel Software Guard Extensions: disabled

Performance: MultiCore support All, SpeedStep Enabled, C-states Enabled, Intel TurboBoost Enabled, HyperThread Control Enabled

Power Management: Intel Speed Shift: Enabled

POST Behavior: Adaptor Warnings: Enabled, Numlock Enabled, Fn Lock Enabled, Lock Mode Enabled

-FastBoot: Thorough, Extended POST Time: 0 seconds, Prompt on Warnings and Errors selected, Enable Sign of Life Keyboard Backlight Enabled

Virtualization: Enable Intel Virtualization Technology: SelectedEnable VT for Direct I/O DISABLED

Wireless: Wireless Switch, WLAN and Bluetooth selected, Wireless Device Enabled WLAN and Bluetooth selected

Maintenance, System Logs and Support Assist System Resolutions: Off, deselected

***NOTE*** Drives AHCI... Secure boot disabled... Thunderbolt settings in no security and all options checked...

3. Install OS X to a USB drive using: https://www.tonycrapx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/ or use https://etcher.io/ & https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oAGgD6wG-9LEkN3ryfbLYaNnEgO0rNyU/view?usp=sharing

3A Optional: Mojave USB installer: 16GB USB required, burn with https://etcher.io/:

download from: https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1XoJS2x86JJ9VuOMcVJvLWsFTt27xzGAF&export=download {AUDIO DIDN'T WORK!!!}

4. Run Clover_v2.4k_r4658.pkg on USB drive

- if using GPT, select the target of the install to USB installer via "Change Install Location"

- select "Customize" (the default is a legacy install -- we need to change it)

- check "Install for UEFI booting only", "Install Clover in the ESP" will automatically select

- check "BGM" from Themes (the config.plist files I provide use this theme)

- UEFI Drivers: Leave Default selected and check "OsxAptioFixDrv-64"

- At bottom check Install RC scripts on target Volume and install Clover Preference Pane

- Click Install

5. Run Clover Configurator, select Mount EFI on the left hand side then open the High Sierra installed location NVMe/SSD/hard drive EFI partition and Copy PostBootWorking EFI directory to USB installer partition (replace the EFI folder on EFI partition visible after running clover).

6. Boot with installer USB and select the new installation on hard drive/ssd/NVMe and if all goes well boot to the desktop

7. Place on a USB drive Clover, Clover Configurator, and EFI directory then Run Clover_v2.4k_r4658.pkg

- if using GPT, select the target of the install to hard drive/ssd/NVMe via "Change Install Location"

- select "Customize" (the default is a legacy install -- we need to change it)

- check "Install for UEFI booting only", "Install Clover in the ESP" will automatically select

- check "BGM" from Themes (the config.plist files I provide use this theme)

- UEFI Drivers: Leave Default selected and check "OsxAptioFixDrv-64"

- At bottom check Install RC scripts on target Volume and install Clover Preference Pane

- Click Install

8. Run Clover Configurator, select Mount EFI on the left hand side then open the High Sierra installed location NVMe/SSD/hard drive EFI partition (not the USB installer EFI partition!) once opened delete the preexisting EFI directory and copy the EFI directory from the USB installer EFI partition.

9. shutdown, remove USB sticks and boot from drive/SSD/NVMe and make sure you can boot to the GUI then shutdown

10. Post Installation tweaks:

Get audio working etc:

From the clover boot menu select Options then Boot Args: add -f to the end -> return and boot normally

once booted from HDD open terminal and type: sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

reboot normally from there

Replace WiFi/Bluetooth with: Dell DW1560 ~$35.00 USD Ebay. (Below kexts need to be in EFI partition-> EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/

FakePCIID.kext

FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext

BrcmFirmwareData.kext

BrcmPatchRAM2.kext

BrcmNonPatchRAM2.kext

Included Kexts and their functions:

FakeSMC.kext : required to boot the system, provides sensors information to HWMonitor

ACPIBatteryManager.kext : Battery level in menubar

AppleALC.kext, Lilu.kext: Audio

AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext : Integrated 1GbE port

CodecCommander.kext : injections

USBInjectAll.kext : keep USB ports turned on

VoodooPS2Controller.kext : PS2 touchpad control

Post Installation Tip: Enable unknown developers for all apps: sudo spctl --master-disable

On a side note, I was also able to install Mojave beta with the same EFI Clover files, but the laptop speaker/microphone were not working.

Download Clover files and Kexts from: https://mega.nz/#!kthG0CAI!4MHN5g57d4n8sI034BOqJKQzSUfwPDGwebUs_E7pfJo

Credits/Thank You:

https://www.tonycrapx86.com/threads/...g7-7588-keyboard-lights-wont-turn-off.258966/

https://www.tonycrapx86.com/threads/solved-stuck-at-end-randomseed.257158/page-2

https://www.tonycrapx86.com/threads/...7-and-similar-near-full-functionality.234988/

Amazing guide! I followed it to the letter and now have a functional dual-boot between macOS and Win10 on my 7588!

There's one thing that I can't seem to get working, though: What did you do to enable bluetooth on the DW1650 wifi card? I know the card works properly (validated in Win10), and I see the kexts for enabling it in the EFI folder you provided, but there seems to be some sort of disconnect.

Can you point me in the right direction, please?

@m1kepro, I'm glad you were able to get most of it working. My apologies regarding the Bluetooth. I realized after the fact that I had left a USB Bluetooth dongle in one of my hubs. For that reason Bluetooth appeared to be working. After I realized this and removed the USB dongle I realized that the native Bluetooth wasn't working. At some point I may work on the Bluetooth again, but honestly I'm more motivated to get Mojave working on this machine. The initial build on Mojave works well, but the ALC256 sound doesn't seem to be working on Mohave.

Hey thanks for the guide and files.

I can't for the life of me get the Intel UHD630 graphics accelerated though. I've tried all sorts from other guides as well. The ig-platorm-id in config.plist is 0x3E9B0000 and it all looks ok but it just will not work.

Also the thunderbolt and card reader report as not being there in system information

Any suggestions would be very welcome.

I gave exactly the same laptop on 10.13.6

Cheers

5. Run Clover Configurator, select Mount EFI on the left hand side then open the High Sierra installed location NVMe/SSD/hard drive EFI partition and Copy PostBootWorking EFI directory to USB installer partition (replace the EFI folder on EFI partition visible after running clover).

Are you sure it is PostBootWorking folder at this step or it is USBInstaller folder? I tried your guide but after installation, Clover never saw macOS partition (APFS).

@FredBloggs Hmmm, I'm not sure what you mean by can't get the UHD630 graphics accelerated. Also, for Thunderbolt it says no drivers are loaded on my system, but everything still works.

HI. As in it has graphics glitches and tearing all over which I think means it is not loading a driver for the on board Intel UHD630 graphics.

Awesome guide, thank you very much! :D

I've got the same setup - Dell G7 7588 with GTX 1060 Max-Q, but I'm using the stock 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD. It was very important for me to keep the previously installed Windows because I like to play some games there and reformatting Windows is very boring. Because of that, I followed your instructions a bit differently and it's working great.

Here's what I've done:

(1) On Windows: Updated BIOS to 1.5.0 using Dell Support Assist, shrank down my Windows partition by 85 GB and formatted it to ExFAT

(2) Bios Settings: Turned off secure mode, and left everything else untouched; SATA Operation was set to RAID On and I didn't change it because I was concerned with breaking my Windows setup

(3) On a Mac - I also set up my USB stick differently because I wanted the convenience of having it as MBR so the EFI partition auto mounts when I insert it:

- Formatted my USB stick using

diskutil partitionDisk /dev/diskX 2 MBR FAT32 "CLOVER EFI" 200Mi HFS+J "install_osx" R

(run "diskutil list" first to check what's your USB stick /dev/diskX)

- Installed Clover v2.4k r4701 from RehabMan on my "CLOVER EFI" partition because I was experimenting with getting the kexts together myself, so I tried to start clean, but didn't have much luck

- Replaced the whole EFI folder on my "CLOVER EFI" partition for the "PostBootWorking" that you've provided in post #1 attachments

- Removed the kexts FakePCIID.kext, FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext, BrcmFirmwareData.kext, BrcmPatchRAM2.kext, BrcmNonPatchRAM2.kext because I didn't need it, I'm not going to replace my WiFi card at the moment as I work from home at 99% of the time and I prefer using wired network

- Added the kext AHCIPortInjector.kext, otherwise the MacOS installer wouldn't see either my SSD or HDD (probably because of RAID On?)

- Downloaded the High Sierra image linked in post #1, decompressed and renamed .raw to .dmg, mounted it, and restored it to my "install_osx" partition using Disk Utility

(4) Booted from my Clover USB drive, erased the partition that I've pre-created on step 1 as Mac OS Extended (Journaled), and installed MacOS High Sierra on it 8-)

(5) Post-installation:

- No tweaks were necessary to get the laptop speakers working, but the audio jack doesn't work - even doing the tweaks that you've mentioned.

- I've changed my model ID to MacBookPro5,1 while trying to get my GPU to work and ended up leaving it because I liked that it shows 15 inches on about menu.

- Still no luck with setting up NVIDIA drivers, I'm stuck at OS build 17G2208 and there is no web driver for this build. I'm trying to update to 17G3025 because there is a web driver specific for this version, but I still haven't been able to complete the update. Edit: I've managed to install the latest web driver version 387.10.10.10.40.108 using webdriver.sh - it modifies NVDAStartupWeb.kext to allow installing the driver on my current build -, and the NVIDIA control panel recognises it as installed properly. Anyway, I still can't get MacOS to recognise my GPU. I'm booting with nv_disable, nvda_drv, Graphics/Inject Intel, and Graphics/Inject NVidia all disabled, and only NvidiaWeb enabled, and NVRAM emulation installed, but still no luck.

- HDMI, WiFi and Bluetooth are not working as you've mentioned. I'll probably workaround HDMI with a Thunderbolt adapter, and I might replace the WiFi/Bluetooth card mostly because of my Bluetooth headset.

Thanks again for the amazing guide and for sharing your Clover setup! ;)

Edited by Guest

Are you sure it is PostBootWorking folder at this step or it is USBInstaller folder? I tried your guide but after installation, Clover never saw macOS partition (APFS).

It worked for me with the PostBootWorking folder but my partition isn't APFS.

The PostBootWorking folder doesn't seem to include an APFS driver, try copying "apfs.efi" to your "drivers64UEFI" folder - you can find it on the USBInstaller folder.

It worked for me with the PostBootWorking folder but my partition isn't APFS.

The PostBootWorking folder doesn't seem to include an APFS driver, try copying "apfs.efi" to your "drivers64UEFI" folder - you can find it on the USBInstaller folder.

I already done that.

Also, another thing that doesn't work with this guide is the iTunes DRM playback. It stuck at black screen.

Awesome guide, thank you very much! :D

I've got the same setup - Dell G7 7588 with GTX 1060 Max-Q, but I'm using the stock 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD. It was very important for me to keep the previously installed Windows because I like to play some games there and reformatting Windows is very boring. Because of that, I followed your instructions a bit differently and it's working great.

Here's what I've done:

(1) On Windows: Updated BIOS to 1.5.0 using Dell Support Assist, shrank down my Windows partition by 85 GB and formatted it to ExFAT

(2) Bios Settings: Turned off secure mode, and left everything else untouched; SATA Operation was set to RAID On and I didn't change it because I was concerned with breaking my Windows setup

(3) On a Mac - I also set up my USB stick differently because I wanted the convenience of having it as MBR so the EFI partition auto mounts when I insert it:

- Formatted my USB stick using

diskutil partitionDisk /dev/diskX 2 MBR FAT32 "CLOVER EFI" 200Mi HFS+J "install_osx" R

(run "diskutil list" first to check what's your USB stick /dev/diskX)

- Installed Clover v2.4k r4701 from RehabMan on my "CLOVER EFI" partition because I was experimenting with getting the kexts together myself, so I tried to start clean, but didn't have much luck

- Replaced the whole EFI folder on my "CLOVER EFI" partition for the "PostBootWorking" that you've provided in post #1 attachments

- Removed the kexts FakePCIID.kext, FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext, BrcmFirmwareData.kext, BrcmPatchRAM2.kext, BrcmNonPatchRAM2.kext because I didn't need it, I'm not going to replace my WiFi card at the moment as I work from home at 99% of the time and I prefer using wired network

- Added the kext AHCIPortInjector.kext, otherwise the MacOS installer wouldn't see either my SSD or HDD (probably because of RAID On?)

- Downloaded the High Sierra image linked in post #1, decompressed and renamed .raw to .dmg, mounted it, and restored it to my "install_osx" partition using Disk Utility

(4) Booted from my Clover USB drive, erased the partition that I've pre-created on step 1 as Mac OS Extended (Journaled), and installed MacOS High Sierra on it 8-)

(5) Post-installation:

- No tweaks were necessary to get the laptop speakers working, but the audio jack doesn't work - even doing the tweaks that you've mentioned.

- I've changed my model ID to MacBookPro5,1 while trying to get my GPU to work and ended up leaving it because I liked that it shows 15 inches on about menu.

- Still no luck with setting up NVIDIA drivers, I'm stuck at OS build 17G2208 and there is no web driver for this build. I'm trying to update to 17G3025 because there is a web driver specific for this version, but I still haven't been able to complete the update. Edit: I've managed to install the latest web driver version 387.10.10.10.40.108 using webdriver.sh - it modifies NVDAStartupWeb.kext to allow installing the driver on my current build -, and the NVIDIA control panel recognises it as installed properly. Anyway, I still can't get MacOS to recognise my GPU. I'm booting with nv_disable, nvda_drv, Graphics/Inject Intel, and Graphics/Inject NVidia all disabled, and only NvidiaWeb enabled, and NVRAM emulation installed, but still no luck.

- HDMI, WiFi and Bluetooth are not working as you've mentioned. I'll probably workaround HDMI with a Thunderbolt adapter, and I might replace the WiFi/Bluetooth card mostly because of my Bluetooth headset.

Thanks again for the amazing guide and for sharing your Clover setup! ;)

Hey any idea how to get graphics working either from the UHD630 or the Nvidia 1060 maxq?

I've tried allsorts from different Kexts, changing config.plist to inject intel, not inject, etc etc. Each guide has their own methods and I think I've tried them all.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Hey any idea how to get graphics working either from the UHD630 or the Nvidia 1060 maxq?

I've tried allsorts from different Kexts, changing config.plist to inject intel, not inject, etc etc. Each guide has their own methods and I think I've tried them all.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Forget the Nvidia, Optimus isn't supported in macOS. Intel UHD 630 should work with OP's Clover folder if you download the correct High Sierra build (there are 2 build iirc, 1 doesn't natively support UHD 630 and 1 does). But I guess you'll be fine with Mojave.

- Click Install

Hey. Thanks for the reply.

I Finally got it working using the Olarilla version linked to in this thread. Before I was using a vaniila version I created myself. Even though they are both 10.13.6 what is the difference that one supports UHD630 and the other doesn't?

Cheers.

• Administrators

[ref]egarbage[/ref], very nice!

-Donations-

PayPal HERE - Stripe HERE - Ko-Fi HERE - BuyMeaCoffee HERE - Mercado Livre HERE

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3 - BNB 0x10D1d656eCa00bD521f9b4A43B83098B8142e115 - USDT BSC BEP20 0xb57cfdfa371fad1981910f0e8332409ab99f74d9 - USDT TRC20 TUR6Z9AVS4AYzqPnULoHrfFvppRbhXmNbZ - KASPA kaspa:qpxzufgfj8p6r0krg58yzvs0009h2mwqgvcawa0xc2pth7sgzpv56j4f6dtvk - PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

Premium Users HERE - Problems with Paypal HERE

xcd5u2Y.png

New ways to earn money with Linkvertise HERE

I7-8750H is working in Mojave too (i can only recommend, Mojave brings many usefull features).

Almost same boost as under Windows 10. (10% lower CineBench score). Undervolting is working too, and Backscreen after sleep is fixed as well. Iam using Lenovo X1 Extreme. The ony thing iam wonder, export in FinalCut/Premiere using GPU (UHD630) takes twice the time of a MacBook Pro 13,3 with Iris Pro 655. I know, the 655 have 48 Execution Units and UHD630 only 24, but afaik Quicksync speed is not related to amount of EUs.

Somebody knows a reason for that?

:help I have a G7 too, and followed your guide point by point, even used the same versions for OS, Clover, kexts. Still, I can't get sound working, nothing, nada. :wallbash

Any ideas? I also want to upgrade to Mojave later.

Follow this: https://www.tonycrapx86.com/threads/solved-alc256-no-output-devices-found.265232/page-3#post-1854714

I got sound working. Also, do you have color banding issue when using Launchpad or Dashboard?

Follow this: https://www.tonycrapx86.com/threads/solved-alc256-no-output-devices-found.265232/page-3#post-1854714

I got sound working. Also, do you have color banding issue when using Launchpad or Dashboard?

After upgrading to Mojave and adjusting my clover config plist, I managed to get sound working somehow, before your post. Anyway, The only thing I have not working now is the bluetooth, I have installed the BCM94352Z Dell DW1560 card, WIFI works straight out of the box now, but I don't have any bluetooth. The bluetooth pane is not even shown in system preferences panes. :help I have spent an entire week trying to make the whole system work, so far almost perfect.

As for color banding issue... what's that? I don't have any issue using Launchpad.

After upgrading to Mojave and adjusting my clover config plist, I managed to get sound working somehow, before your post. Anyway, The only thing I have not working now is the bluetooth, I have installed the BCM94352Z Dell DW1560 card, WIFI works straight out of the box now, but I don't have any bluetooth. The bluetooth pane is not even shown in system preferences panes. :help I have spent an entire week trying to make the whole system work, so far almost perfect.

As for color banding issue... what's that? I don't have any issue using Launchpad.

Here is the color banding issue I'm having: https://www.tonycrapx86.com/threads/color-banding-with-dell-g7.267005/

As you can see in the first screenshot, it looks like I'm on 16-bit color mode because of the weird rings but when I took a screenshot and opened it in Windows 10, it disappeared (2nd screenshot).

I haven't bought DW1560 yet so idk about it.

Here is the color banding issue I'm having: https://www.tonycrapx86.com/threads/color-banding-with-dell-g7.267005/

As you can see in the first screenshot, it looks like I'm on 16-bit color mode because of the weird rings but when I took a screenshot and opened it in Windows 10, it disappeared (2nd screenshot).

I haven't bought DW1560 yet so idk about it.

Ah, same on my Launchpad then. I didn’t think it was an issue but a limitation of intel gfx.

Ah, same on my Launchpad then. I didn’t think it was an issue but a limitation of intel gfx.

If you have a USB/Thunderbolt 3 to HDMI/DP, could you try plug it to another monitor and see if it have the same issue on external monitor? I think it's an issue with Dell laptop panel because when I use TeamViewer to monitor the hackintosh, it doesn't have color banding issue on Launchpad.