oldnapalm

DSDT editor and patcher

Updated: MaciASL

Editor developed by phpdev32, compatible with DSDT Editor patches.

el coniglio released this DSDT editor with automated patching capabilities

dsdt-editor.png.806f7dbeffde5d4f135667795fd2c21d.png

The main editor windows allows the user to open a DSL file or extract the DSDT from IOReg. It has some useful resources, like syntax highlighting, navigation tree and some options that came with the text editor component it uses, like regex matching, auto completion, jump to pair, etc.

The patcher window parses a script-like language representing the patches. The user can preview the modifications before applying them. This "language" allows us to write dynamic patches that can be applied in various situations. More specific commands can be written as they become necessary.

For now these are the implemented commands (which can be stacked separated by ";")

syntax:

into [ ... ] begin [action_argument] end

(will be applied to the first occurrence)

into_all [ ... ] begin [action_argument] end

(will be applied to all occurrences)

where

type: DefinitionBlock, Scope, Method, Device, Processor, ThermalZone, All

property:

label -- first argument for the constructor of selected type

name_adr -- Name (_ADR) value

name_hid -- Name (_HID) value

code_regex -- regular expression to match the code of the selected type (not other types inside of it)

code_regex_not -- regular expression NOT to match the code of the selected type (not other types inside of it)

parent_label -- parent label

parent_type -- parent type

parent_adr -- parent _ADR value

parent_hid -- parent _HID value

action:

insert -- inserts the provided code to the type

set_label -- sets the label

replace_matched -- replaces the matched code for the property with the provided code. Regex groups are inserted with %1, %2, ... up to %9

replaceall_matched -- same as replace_matched but will affect all matches

remove_matched -- removes the matched code

removeall_matched -- removes all the ocurrencies of the matched code

remove_entry -- removes the entry and all children nodes

replace_content -- replaces the content of the object (everything inside its main brackets)

store_%8 -- stores the matched group 1 into %8

store_%9 -- stores the matched group 1 into %9

note: replacer will always consider the last provided value

Changes in latest release:

•  
  • fixed bug which caused data loss if number of open and close brackets don't match
  •  
  • fixed compile window to work with new IASL versions
  •  
  • updated IASL to 20120420

Credits:

Editor component: jsyntaxpane (http://code.google.com/p/jsyntaxpane/)

IASL Copyright © Intel Corporation

Written in Java

Hello oldnapalm...

There is a DSDT editor and patcher that can be run in Windows rite... So I ran it in Windows, extract DSDT, I get dsdt.aml and dsdt.dsl... My question is can this dsdt.aml and dsdt.dsl be used in the OSX that I've installed? I mean it will reflect the same setting whether it is in Windows or in OSX rite... :ugeek:

OSX Mountain Lion : 10.8.2

HP Envy 17

1.60 GHz Intel Core i7-720QM

8GB DDR3 RAM

2TB HDD (2x1TB)

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5850

43.9 cm (17.3") diagonal Full High-Definition HP Ultra BrightView Infinity Display (1920 x 1080)

Ooo... I see :o ... So dsdt.aml is mainly needed by Chameleon and to act as it is a BIOS itself... Am I rite? How about Chimera? Is it the same if I use Chimera instead of Chameleon? Or is it the same bootloader thingy? Ehehehehe... :ugeek:

Another thing I want to ask... What kind of patching do you usually do to the dsdt.aml? What sort of data that you add/patch to dsdt.aml? Sorry for asking this question as I have no clue about dsdt.aml and most of the thing that I must have to run OSX on my HP Envy 17 (with all hardware functioning as in Windows :D )

HP Envy 17

8GB DDR3 RAM

2TB HDD (2x1TB)

43.9 cm (17.3") diagonal Full High-Definition HP Ultra BrightView Infinity Display (1920 x 1080)

Hello oldnapalm...

I've gone through the link you've given... But from what I've seen, the lists seem have nothing to do with my hardware... Could you recommend me which patch/patches I should apply to my dsdt? (or don't need to... Ehehehe)

I have HP Envy 17 laptop... My hardware is similar to what scorpioserve has from http://www.Olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=264 except that my HDD is 2TB (2x1TB)...

HP Envy 17

8GB DDR3 RAM

2TB HDD (2x1TB)

Thank you for your excellent link... This is absolutely like what I said before... I've got basically Intel Core i7 but the thing that I should have a look at is Core i Nehalem rite... Without your guide, I wouldn't bother on that thing :mrgreen:

Anyway, what do you mean by testing first? Do you have any software for that? Or something...? And I would like also to ask you about the lapic kernel (Taptun)... What is the function of this kernel compared to the original Mac OS kernel (I believed it is called mach_kernel rite...)?

Thank you for your time in answering my noob question... You are the best oldnapalm... Ehehehe :geek:

HP Envy 17

8GB DDR3 RAM

2TB HDD (2x1TB)

By "testing first" I mean install Mac OS, check what issues you have and if they are fixable via DSDT.

The vanilla kernel doesn't work on many Core i HP laptops, you have to use "cpus=1" or you get kernel panic (local apic error). The Taptun kernel is patched to fix that problem.

Oo ok... Well, actually this is my situation...

I've installed Lion on my laptop... I've used rBoot from tonycrap and the installer is located in an external HDD... I've used cpus=1 busratio=12 as the kernel flags... So the default PCIRootUID should be 0 rite... After a few minutes passing the apple logo, my screen became like the picture below :

screen.jpg

When I include PCIRootUID=1 in the kernel flag, after a few minutes passing the apple logo, my laptop screen becomes blank and I have to use external screen to proceed with the installation and so on until I get to the desktop... This situation also happens every time I boot my laptop into Mac OS... In the end, I have to use external screen (connecting monitor using VGA or connecting my TV through HDMI port) to see my desktop... That is one thing that puzzles me coz when I installed and run SL 10.6.3, I've no problem at all to get the display on my laptop screen (using PCIRootUID=1 or else the screen will becomes like the image above)... But after I combo update Snow Leopard to 10.6.8, the same situation occured...

So what do you think oldnapalm? Do you have any idea to get around this problem? Or any suggestion/solution? Ehehehe :mrgreen::geek:

HP Envy 17

8GB DDR3 RAM

2TB HDD (2x1TB)

Yupes... Just read about that somewhere on the net but still struggling on doing what they say... Well, I'll certainly will look on that part... Thanx oldnapalm for your superb help and guide and explaination on this thing... Sorry for taking your time on this matter and I'm sure I'll be bothering you more often after this... Ehehehe 8-):mrgreen::geek:

HP Envy 17

8GB DDR3 RAM

2TB HDD (2x1TB)

Hello,

Sorry for my bad english, i'm from Romania and i've used your DSDT editor and patcher to generate the dsdt for my machine and ad a patch for my video chipset 4500MHD, witch i found here: http://www.osx86.net/view/1967-intel_gma_4500mhd__quartz_extreme.html but i get the a KP on load. I have loaded a picture with the KP, can you help me please and try to fix my dsdt?? :(

dsdt.aml.zip

KP1-DSDT.jpg.zip

Thank you for your time!

Invalid File ID

It was deleted, probably because it doesn't work. GMA 4500 isn't compatible with Mac OS, it can't be fixed with a DSDT patch, you need kexts which don't exist.

-Donations-

PayPal HERE - Stripe HERE - BuyMeaCoffee HERE - Mercado Livre HERE

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3

PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

Premium Users HERE - Problems with Paypal HERE

xcd5u2Y.png

You got KP because you saved a DSL file with .aml extension. You have to compile it first, then save as AML.

The patch has wrong chars in lines 20-21, that's why IASL fails with "Non-ascii input file"

[color=#FF0000]ì[/color]device-id[color=#FF0000]î[/color]\n
Buffer (0[color=#FF0000]◊[/color]04)\n

GMA4500.txt.zip

You also need

http://Olarila.com/Patches/DTGP.txt

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png

Thank you for your response, unfortunately even if I only aply the DTGP patch, and after that i compile, i get the same KP. At the moment i'm more interested in making the dsdt work. I've atached the dsdt.aml. Can you please take a look??

dsdt.aml.zip

Also my specs are:

Lenovo Thinkpad X200, Model No: 7459-3T5, 12.1" LCD Display, Intel 4500MHD Chipset

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo T9550, 2.67GHz, 4GB RAM DDR3,

320GB WD Hard Drive, Conexat Cx20561 Audio Controller,

Intel 4500MHD Video Chipet(Device ID: 0x2a42, Revision ID: 0x0007)

Atheros AR5008X Xtreme N Wireless Card.

Dual Boot System: OSX SL -> Windows 7

Again you saved a DSL file with .aml extension. You have to compile it first, then save as AML. Watch the video in the first post.

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png

You applied only DTGP. You need both DTGP and the one I attached here http://Olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=62&p=5656#p5598

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png

hello oldnapalm,

i'm having problem with DSDTEditor. I have sony vaio vpceb36fg laptop & i'm trying to install snow leopard 10.6.3 Retail DVD on it but i'm getting errors. I tried with iboot,iboot legacy, Empire_EFI, LegacyEmpire_EFI, Darwin Boot tools, & at last not least chameleon manually on the disk.

I Tried it with my internal dvd rom AD-7700h & now my DVD writer is not working & now i restore the dvd's iso( made earliar )on a pendrive with my vmware8 machine &still i got errors.Then i read abt DSDT & I came here to this form via tonycraposx86.com .

I got a working DSDT of vpceb34en from http://www.osx86.net. it nearly match my system spec like cpu ,chipset, dvd,gpu ati, and screen 15.5 but i have a full HD Display, & ram,hdd & gpu are different.I tried with it but no luck.

Now i found a patch of vpcea16fg.i didn't find find patch for my bios DSDT which i exracted with DSDT editor. so the spec of the vpcea16fg are closely matches to my system even os except the cpu i have i& the display. i tried this patch on my DSDT & go to the installation process still there was no luck. then i tried this vpcea16fg patch to the working DSDT of vpceb34en & still no luck with this time also.

I tried the two editors DSDTSE & the DSDTeditior & patch the DSDT.dsl i'm getting error like "error object not found " with no name of the error. i'm attaching the extraced with all the dwnd files plz help......

the errors im getting with the DSDT are:-

ATI VGA Controller [1002:68c1] : : PCI Root(0*0)/Pci(0*1,0*0)/Pci(0*0,0*0)

old Pci Command - 7

boot display -0

dumpingPci config space. 256 bytes

wrong BIOS signature : 0000

not going to use bios image file

found bios image

adding binimage to card 68c1 from legacy space with size ee00

Lan controller [11ab:4381] : : PciRoot(0*0)/Pci(0*1C,0*2)/Pci(0*0,0*0)

setting up lan keys

loaded HFS+ file :[Extra/smbios.Plist] 468bytes from 4253970.

Patche DMI Table.

Loaded HFS+ : [Extra/DSDT.aml] 43071 bytes from 4253790.

Patched ACPI Version 2DSDT

Starting Darwin iso.

all that..

& with iBOOT legacy the errors are:-

Using PciRoot-UID Value : 0

frame buffer @0*e0000000 MMIO @0*f0020000 I/O port @0*0000D000 ROM Addr @0*f000000

Ati card Posted,reading VBIOS from legacy space

memmory allocation error ! Addr=0*deadbeef, size=0*0, file=ati.c, Line=739

This is a non recoverable error ! System Halted ! ! !

that'all

One Thing My bios is aptio setup utility 1.28.1119 copyright AMERICAN MEGATRENDS Inc.

i can access only my date , time, virtualization ,c3/c6, security & boot devices from my bios. I read abt that this bios is efi enabled then why can't i boot direct from the dvd or usb disk. i have spalshtop browser in my laptop which starts without os start or preboot without os. Is there any supervisor mode in the bios which stops me to access.How can i access full functions of this BIOS??

MY Hardware specs are:

Product : sony vaio vpceb36fg

Bios : sony bios ( aptio setup utility 1.28.1119 copyright AMERICAN MEGATRENDS Inc.)

cpu : intel core i3-370M processor 2.40 GHz

chipst : HM55

Ram : 4 GB DDR3

GPU : 1 GB DDR3 ATI Radeon HD 5650

DVD : sony optiarc ad-7700h

HDD : 500 GB Toshiba MK5065GSX

Display : Full HD (1920*1080)

wireless : Atheros AR9285 Wireless Network Adapter

lan : Marvell Yukon 88E8059 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller

sound : ATI HDMI Audio & Realtek High Definition Audio

i' m attching the files with system information via cpu-z

Thank's in advance.

sony vaio vpceb36fg.zip

sony vaio vpceb36fg |sony bios ( aptio setup utility 1.28.1119 AMI)

intel core i3-370M processor 2.40 GHz | HM55 | 4 GB DDR3 | GPU : 1 GB DDR3 ATI Radeon HD 5650 M

sony optiarc ad-7700h | 500 GB Toshiba MK5065GSX |FullHD : 1920*1080|

A patched DSDT won't help you to install Mac OS, you must be able to install using original DSDT from BIOS. With the system running you can patch DSDT to fix possible problems.

i'm getting error like "error object not found " with no name of the error.

Should be fixed by the "fix errors" button in the compile window. All these errors are caused by 2 syntax errors.

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png