Lifted

Olarila Ventura and Windows 10 on separate SSDs

Hello, everyone

Do you know if there is anything fancy I need to do to have a dual boot system, where I have Hackintosh on 1 SSD and Windows 10 on another SSD?
I know installing Windows 10 is recommended first, so Windows doesn't freak out about Mac on your PC.

Then installing Hackintosh. 
Do I need anything special to have a dual boot system?

Any special Kexts and such?

Ideally I want to hold a button on start up, select operating drive and log into the system as Mac or Windows user.

This is for my friend's computer I am building. He is working on audio production on Mac side, and will game on Windows.

This is my first time installing Hackintosh, and I have downloaded Broadwell EFIs and pasted them into USB EFI folder (after deleting what was there)
I think I got the main set up right after reading directions and following this video here:

Set up will be:
CPUs: INTEL XEON E5-2683 V4 x2 (dual socket CPU set up)
Motherboard: CUIFATI ZX-DU99D4_V1.12
GPU: either NVIDIA Quadro 600 or another generic gpu I have laying around.
32 GB of DDR4 3200 mhz RAM

Please let me know if I am missing something crucial. USB stick already works as I tested it on another PC.
Thanks!

Edited by Lifted

• Administrators

Just use two ssds. One for windows and other for macOS

Follow here https://www.olarila.com/topic/20908-easy-fast-and-perfect-vanilla-hackintosh/

-Donations-

PayPal HERE - Stripe HERE - Ko-Fi HERE - BuyMeaCoffee HERE - Mercado Livre HERE

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3 - BNB 0x10D1d656eCa00bD521f9b4A43B83098B8142e115 - USDT BSC BEP20 0xb57cfdfa371fad1981910f0e8332409ab99f74d9 - USDT TRC20 TUR6Z9AVS4AYzqPnULoHrfFvppRbhXmNbZ - KASPA kaspa:qpxzufgfj8p6r0krg58yzvs0009h2mwqgvcawa0xc2pth7sgzpv56j4f6dtvk - PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

Premium Users HERE - Problems with Paypal HERE

xcd5u2Y.png

New ways to earn money with Linkvertise HERE

On 8/16/2023 at 5:03 AM, MaLd0n said:

Just use two ssds. One for windows and other for macOS

Follow here https://www.olarila.com/topic/20908-easy-fast-and-perfect-vanilla-hackintosh/

Thank you, but now I am having an issue where I can't boot from Hackintosh without USB with install files.

1. I did copy EFI files for Haswell CPUs onto install USB prior to installing Hackintosh. 
Do you know what is causing this and how to fix it? 

I am forced to stick USB in, and use boot menu to enter Mac drive, and then it boots. 
Everything is kind of jerky too, like mouse has jolts in movement, without being smooth. 

I can't find the solution, and copying EFI into the SSD folder did not help.
I also tried a partition method to have EFI separate on SSD, and still cannot boot. 

Says install bootdrive media, or something like that, then I plug USB stick again and tap F11 to get to boot from media, and I can select my SSD.

I am having an issue where I can't boot from Hackintosh without USB with install files.

1. I did copy EFI files for Haswell CPUs onto install USB prior to installing Hackintosh. 
Do you know what is causing this and how to fix it? 

I am forced to stick USB in, and use boot menu to enter Mac drive, and then it boots. 
Everything is kind of jerky too, like mouse has jolts in movement, without being smooth. 

I can't find the solution, and copying EFI into the SSD folder did not help.
I also tried a partition method to have EFI separate on SSD, and still cannot boot. 

Says install bootdrive media, or something like that, then I plug USB stick again and tap F11 to get to boot from media, and I can select my SSD.

2. I also see MacOS only sees 5mb on Nvidia GPU instead of 256mb available, which explains extreme video lag. I can see it by selecting ABOUT MAC.

Thank you

Edited by Lifted

• Administrators

-Donations-

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3 - BNB 0x10D1d656eCa00bD521f9b4A43B83098B8142e115 - USDT BSC BEP20 0xb57cfdfa371fad1981910f0e8332409ab99f74d9 - USDT TRC20 TUR6Z9AVS4AYzqPnULoHrfFvppRbhXmNbZ - KASPA kaspa:qpxzufgfj8p6r0krg58yzvs0009h2mwqgvcawa0xc2pth7sgzpv56j4f6dtvk - PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

xcd5u2Y.png

• Administrators

Nvidia die for new macos systems. Need to use one amd card like rx6600.

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png