bob2001

Asus G73SW Mavericks Install with Clover - Ironing out kinks

I really don't know what could be happening something is preventing your kext loading. try the following command:
sudo kextcache -prelinked-kernel

kext org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Trackpad  108119000 is in exception list, allowing to load
kext org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Mouse  108119000 is in exception list, allowing to load
kext org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Keyboard  108119000 is in exception list, allowing to load
kext org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Controller  108119000 is in exception list, allowing to load
WARNING - Invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/RealtekR1000SL.kext"
WARNING - Invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/LegacyAGPM.kext"
kext com.jmicron.JMicronATA  101069000 is in exception list, allowing to load
WARNING - Invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/GenericUSBXHCI.kext"
WARNING - Invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext/Contents/PlugIns/GPUSensors.kext"
WARNING - Invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext/Contents/PlugIns/CPUSensors.kext"
WARNING - Invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext"
WARNING - Invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/EAPDFix.kext"
kext com.ATTO.driver.ATTOExpressSASRAID  307029000 is in exception list, allowing to load
kext com.ATTO.driver.ATTOExpressSASHBA3  100059000 is in exception list, allowing to load
kext com.ATTO.driver.ATTOExpressSASHBA  200009000 is in exception list, allowing to load
kext com.ATTO.driver.ATTOExpressPCIUl4  404029000 is in exception list, allowing to load
kext com.ATTO.driver.ATTOCelerityFC  304089000 is in exception list, allowing to load
WARNING - Invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/AsusNBFnKeys.kext"
WARNING - Invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext"
WARNING - Invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsControl.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext"
WARNING - Invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/ACPIBatteryManager.kext"
kext com.Accusys.driver.Acxxx  300029000 is in exception list, allowing to load

:-/

EDIT: Not to worry. I really appreciate all the input and effort from both of you in trying to resolve this. I will use VoodooHDA for the mean time, and when I get some time (very busy for the next few days) I will install Yosemite. Hopefully the issue won't be present. I wouldn't care about/want to stay on Mavericks if Yosemite works anyway, so we shall see :)

try to repair permissions using kextutility.

look if you have no AppleHDADisabler.kext

I install kexts with Kext Wizzard then repair permissions with

sudo diskutil repairpermissions /

No AppleHDADisabler.kext is present. It's definitely not in S/L/E or the Clover EFI folder. Also checked Kext Wizzards "Loaded Kext" pane. I don't know what is up with this laptop.. Maybe it's got a ghost :lol:

I obviously want to have the ALC269 HDA kext instead of VoodooHDA, but it's working pretty well for now.

You may want to try this (10.9.4), I think I got the subwoofer working

https://www.sendspace.com/file/drs4ht

Thanks to AREOS @ InsanelyMac

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/296261-applehdakext-and-laptop-subwoofer-aka-21-audio/

Another suggestion, try Clover > 2793 and enable ResetHDA

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=2656&view=findpost&p=41169

I was on r2774 so I have moved to r2795.

I have added the option like this:

<key>Devices</key>
<dict>
       <key>Audio</key>
       <dict>
           <key>ResetHDA</key>
           <true/>
	<key>Inject</key>
	<true/>
	<key>Properties</key>

But I am not sure if this is correct because now I get a KP on AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement!! :?

EDIT: Ok, schoolboy error. I was missing after the now I can boot..

So now it looks like this:

F0PY1wE.jpg

But still no audio. :(

HOLY C**P! It's just sprung to life... I hadn't done a final repair permissions! :D

That is with your latest Sub Woofer kexts that it is working... Haven't tested the woofer yet though.

:D

3Lo982X.jpg

Will post back when I have checked the woofer :)

EDIT: Well, I'm not sure if my sub is working, but I do have sound now... So I am pleased as punch :D Whatever you changed in your recent attachment did the trick.

I'm not sure about the woofer too. I can hear the bass in those youtube woofer tests, I think I couldn't with the previous kext. Have to test again.

I have found that it's quite a naff subwoofer at best, so you may need to test several times to be sure. If you compare the subwooder in this model with, for example, the Dell L702X which has a JBL subwoofer.. it's bad. The Dell L702X is simply mind blowing!

Can you identify if it works now because of ResetHDA or the new kext?

I believe it is the AppleHDA.kext (and any associated DSDT edits etc) because when I first added ResetHDA to the config.plist it didn't work immediately. It was only once I did a permission repair that it kicked in and it was specifically the AppleHDA.kext that had permission errors. Now I have set ResetHDA to No, the sound is still working. I nearly always remember to do a complete permission repair when I change kexts, so I don't think it was an error on my part with previous attempts. But... could be both.. I swear I have some kind of bizarre model revision with a phantom in it.

Wow, good news.

Could test with the kexts I sent you?

for most people it works perfectly,

Oldnapalm is one of those people, I think you are a case apart.

Well this is weird....

If I test your AppleHDA and DSDT, I now get Audio! With and without ResetHDA! But I have switched back to the DSDT in the original package posted by old napalm with just the AppleHDAALC269.kext, without ResetHDA (and stock AppleHDA) and I lose audio... just rebooting with it back on.. will post back in a sec.

EDIT: No audio with original kexts at all, with or without ResetHDA. So it must be kext related. But I find it hard to believe I forgot to repair permissions completely on both occasions.. even with the recent ones old napalm posted, I remembered like 3 mins later. I can only think that as well as being Kext related, I have some freak NVRAM values and ResetHDA helped. I think I will leave that on for now. Reminds me of using a Linux live CD to get backlit keys working with Chameleon... I could never get them working after sleep like everyone else on the insanely thread (I think maybe one other guy had the same issue), then I booted from a Linux live CD and they started working... definitely ghosts in the machine :lol:

Just a quick post to say it's still going strong. I've had an uber busy weekend from hell, and have a ton on for the next few days so it's unlikely that I will get the time to try Yosemite until the back end of the week, but I will post as soon as I have. :)