Popeto

Need lion kext and dsdt patched for Acer Aspire AM7720

Hi,

I have X58 based Acer Aspire AM7720-E7810A.

Actually it works well under SL 10.6.7 (myhack used to install), ATI 4850 HD is correct, as well as net card and sound card (with some additional kext add/changes I did for all of them.

Now I'm installing Lion 10.7 on a separate HD using myHack 2.0 as well. I had to install my previous ATI kexts and sound card kext, but when trying to install the VoodooHDA.kext that I use for SL, it get installed, I see in System Preferences the same outputs, as in SL, but don't have any sound (icon is on the top and one can move it)!

There is something to change somewhere probably, but I do not remember to have done anything during my previous install on SL ....

Here is the kexts list from SystemInfo, wich concerns audio :

VoodooHDA.kext;0.2.1;82801JI (ICH10 Family) HD Audio Controller;0403 - this is the card on the motherboard, that I can hear in SL and that I can see only in Lion

VoodooHDA.kext;0.2.1;X-Fi Titanium series [EMU20k2];0403 - this is another audio card, not supported by legacy OSX, I use it when booting in Win7

VoodooHDA.kext used is ver. 0.2.1, as per the info.

Any help / idea is appreciated.

BTW I did upload the full SystemInfo dump on the site.

Thanks

Popeto :ugeek:

• Administrators

-Donations-

PayPal HERE - Stripe HERE - Ko-Fi HERE - BuyMeaCoffee HERE - Mercado Livre HERE

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3 - BNB 0x10D1d656eCa00bD521f9b4A43B83098B8142e115 - USDT BSC BEP20 0xb57cfdfa371fad1981910f0e8332409ab99f74d9 - USDT TRC20 TUR6Z9AVS4AYzqPnULoHrfFvppRbhXmNbZ - KASPA kaspa:qpxzufgfj8p6r0krg58yzvs0009h2mwqgvcawa0xc2pth7sgzpv56j4f6dtvk - PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

Premium Users HERE - Problems with Paypal HERE

xcd5u2Y.png

New ways to earn money with Linkvertise HERE

Yes, I did, but then either I cannt see anything on my System audio preference tab, either it is disabled ... And this kext works already with the same hardware in SL !

So, maybe there is something small to adjust ... ;-)

And something more -- all these Voodoo versions ale SL oriented, the higher one being 10.6.

Is there already a 10.7 version ? I don't think ...

Thanks !

Edited by Guest

• Administrators

-Donations-

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3 - BNB 0x10D1d656eCa00bD521f9b4A43B83098B8142e115 - USDT BSC BEP20 0xb57cfdfa371fad1981910f0e8332409ab99f74d9 - USDT TRC20 TUR6Z9AVS4AYzqPnULoHrfFvppRbhXmNbZ - KASPA kaspa:qpxzufgfj8p6r0krg58yzvs0009h2mwqgvcawa0xc2pth7sgzpv56j4f6dtvk - PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

xcd5u2Y.png

[attachment=0]dsdt.Popeto.zip[/attachment]

I've put dsdt.aml into the /Extra folder and rebooted -- no change, no sound.

Could you elaborate more on what did you put/change in this dsdt, please ?

Thanks

Edited by Guest

• Administrators

I've put dsdt.aml into the /Extra folder and rebooted -- no chenge, no sound.

Could you elaborate mor on what did you put/change in this dsdt, please ?

Thanks

send me kextstat

run on terminal

sound

DSDT + LEGACY + APPLEHDA = SOUND

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png

sound

Thank you for your response.

Right now, I don't have any AppleHDA in /S/L/E ( I deleted it), il my SL it works only with the Voodoo file. So now Should I put back, and if yes - what version for Apple HDA and what is the Legacy ?

About kextstat - should I run it with any option, or w/o option?

Thanks!

sound

There you go with Kextstat results.

Please elaborate on above - DSDT + LEGACY + APPLEHDA = SOUND

Thanks a lot !!

BTW, try Kext Wizard App - very good! You can install kexts, repair caches, see what kext is loaded, load them, check dependencies. Let me know what do you think about it.

Kexstat_results.zip

Another hint : I did instll back the original 10.7 AppleHDA.kext (BTW I did first with my old 10.6.7 AppleHDA.kext - same result). In the System Preference Other - I have VoodooHDA switch. When clicking on it I get next error message :

Error

Can't map Memory

Clickin on OK - it gets appear once more, second click on OK and I have VoodooHDA pane with ERROR note velow it's name

If I click somewhere on the pannel :

Error

Can't connect to StructMethod to send commands

If I click on Sound treatment panel - it quits w/ error :ugeek:

Edited by Guest

• Administrators

EvOreboot, NullCPUPowerManagement AND SleepEnabler????

:shock:

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png

EvOreboot, NullCPUPowerManagement AND SleepEnabler????

:shock:

Cannot understand you, por favor, put a couple of words more, so a newbie can understand. :?::?::?:

Thanks

P.S. I erased Voodoo from the system, repaired caches and extensions.mkext -- the Voodoo switch in Other is there !! How does it appears and can I get it out of there ?

• Administrators

remove kexts

add in boot.plist

<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png

witch ones to remove ??
EvOreboot, NullCPUPowerManagement AND SleepEnabler

is this really in connection with the sound card ??

There's no connection with sound card, he means you can get rid of those kexts if you enable those options.

If you are using VoodooHDA, just remove AppleHDA, you don't need both kexts. Actually they may conflict.

There's no connection with sound card, he means you can get rid of those kexts if you enable those options.

If you are using VoodooHDA, just remove AppleHDA, you don't need both kexts. Actually

they may conflict.

Oldnapalm, thank you very much to get involved into the thread! Really.

Basicaly, i got the formulae of "DSDT + LEGACY + APPLEHDA = SOUND" in the previous answer. A reason to delete already my Voodoo.kext, as I mentionned in my post, pls look on it. The question I had, and have, why to deleto these more kexts, they aren't in connection with the sound context/problem I have (at least that's I think) and asked the question. I've put back the original AppleHDA (maybe I have to put another "fixed" one?) + other files ? Let me know!

Thanks people!

P.S. I have feeling I have to use ACL888 files, My Win7 uses Realtek drivers based on this card ....

Legacy kext doesn't work anymore for audio in Snow 10.6.8 and Lion. It used to work until 10.6.7, but now you need to modify AppleHDA itself

http://Olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=212

You have to make sure what's the codec, you can find out using Everest (Aida) in Windows. If it's really ALC888 you can try this kext I use in my Aspire 5920, it's for 10.6.8 but should work in 10.7

http://www.mediafire.com/?ycbj63h5dbt9cqw

You'll also need this patch in HDEF (DSDT)

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
               {
                   Store (Package (0x08)
                       {
                           "codec-id", 
                           Buffer (0x04)
                           {
                               0x88, 0x08, 0xEC, 0x10
                           }, 

"layout-id", 
                           Buffer (0x04)
                           {
                               0x0C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
                           }, 

"device-type", 
                           Buffer (0x11)
                           {
                               "ALC888"
                           }, 

"PinConfigurations", 
                           Buffer (0x18)
                           {
                               /* 0000 */    0x40, 0x10, 0x21, 0x01, 0x20, 0x11, 0x10, 0x90, 
                               /* 0008 */    0x60, 0x11, 0x45, 0x01, 0x50, 0x90, 0x81, 0x01, 
                               /* 0010 */    0x10, 0x01, 0xA0, 0x90, 0x30, 0x10, 0x81, 0x01
                           }
                       }, Local0)
                   DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                   Return (Local0)
               }

dsdt.aml.zip

Even if codec is the same, it changes a lot from one laptop model to another, so it won't be a surprise if it doesn't work.

Hi,

this is the info from Everest :

High Definition Audio

Codec Name Realtek ALC888/1200

Codec ID 10EC0888h / 10250198h

Codec Revision 00100101h

Codec Type Audio

Supported Sound Formats 44 kHz, 48 kHz, 96 kHz, 192 kHz, 16-bit, 20-bit, 24-bit

This is the PCI sound card, that (for now) is not used under OSX (not supported, as per my knowledge...)

PCI-E 1.0 x1 port #1 In Use @ x1 (Creative SB X-Fi Audio Controller)

So my primary m/b sound being Realtek ALC888/1200, what kext should I look for - one of them ?

And, please, tell me what files to get/find, I'm a little bit mixed when talking for Legacy, or so ... :-(

Thanks

Did you try the files in my previous post?

You should look for an ALC888 kext.

Hi, I've been out for a while and didn't have the opportunity to try anything, but before doing whatsoever, I would like to be quite sure what I do ;-)

You are talking about "files", but the only one I've got from you is "AppleHDA.kext-10.6.8-ALC888-Acer_Aspire_5920", right? So this is one AppleHDA kext that I shoud install in /L/S/E, I believe.

Then you said I have to patch DSDT (probably that one I got from MaLd0n based on my hardware information??)

Is there anything else ?

Thank you very much, indeed !