Popeto

Need lion kext and dsdt patched for Acer Aspire AM7720

As I said, I took the file patched by Maldon and added HDEF patch. If it's not from your computer, don't use it, patch your original DSDT.

OOps, sorry, I opened DSDT, it's mine ... I couldn't find the patch, but anyway, I will put it in /E right now and ... cross fingers ;-) Thanks !

BTW I don't know why, this (and only this kext) appears on the desktop as RED colored. Last week, I've been trying such a kext and OS panicked a couple of times, so I had to delete it ...

So to install it in /E or /S/L/E ?

Popeto :ugeek:

Only binary editing isn't enough, you have to edit also the xml (plist) files, as explained in that topic. The kext you tested (ALC888 Acer Aspire 5920) is already patched for ALC888 (binary) but didn't work probably because the verbs (ConfigData) is different.

Only binary editing isn't enough, you have to edit also the xml (plist) files, as explained in that topic. The kext you tested (ALC888 Acer Aspire 5920) is already patched for ALC888 (binary) but didn't work probably because the verbs (ConfigData) is different.

My Acer Aspire Am7720 Realtek ALC888/1200 is on ICH10, maybe some difference could make a glitch, if Aspire 5920 is different ?

I'm looking right now here : http://Olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=212

I'm probably dumb, but not too much I guess ;-) , I cannot get some maybe things - Mald0n says "Copy the keys CommonPeripheralDSP and PathMaps from LegacyHDA to AppleHDA.kext" ....but witch one is the LegacyHDA ? It could be something I should already know, but I don't :-( Pls ...

I think the difference is in the codec verbs, the chipset doesn't matter.

Maldon't topic assumes you have a working LegacyHDA from Snow Leopard (created using projectosx topic instructions), it's only to port it to Lion (or Snow 10.6.8) AppleHDA, because legacy kexts don't work anymore in these versions.

I think the difference is in the codec verbs, the chipset doesn't matter.

Maldon't topic assumes you have a working LegacyHDA from Snow Leopard (created using projectosx topic instructions), it's only to port it to Lion (or Snow 10.6.8) AppleHDA, because legacy kexts don't work anymore in these versions.

I'm looking on my working (with sound!) SL10.6.7 version, witch was updated from 10.6.0 to 10.6.2. 10.6.5, 10.6.6 to 10.6.7, and in /S/L/E I don't have neither AppleHDA, nor LegacyHDA (matter of fact - I had AppleHDA that I deleted last week to test witch kext is responsible for the sound). Nothing special in /E/E. The only 'sound' kexts is VoodooHDA.kext in S/L/E (attached here for your info). So my question is - why couldn't I use it, and if I have to do any changes in it (if possible) - do you have any idea what to do ?

Appreciated !

P.S. as soon as I did load Voodo.kext, sound icon is available, but I don't have sound ...

VoodooHDA.kext.zip

Edited by Guest

LegacyHDA doesn't come with Snow Leopard, if you had one you would know.

I really don't know why the same VoodooHDA which works in Snow doesn't work in Lion, I use the same kext in Snow and Lion and it works fine in both (VoodooHDA 2.7.2).

Does it load but doesn't work, or it doesn't even load? (Check running "kextstat | grep VoodooHDA" in terminal)

LegacyHDA doesn't come with Snow Leopard, if you had one you would know.

I really don't know why the same VoodooHDA which works in Snow doesn't work in Lion, I use the same kext in Snow and Lion and it works fine in both (VoodooHDA 2.7.2).

Does it load but doesn't work, or it doesn't even load? (Check running "kextstat | grep VoodooHDA" in terminal)

Should I use it (Voodoo) with or without AppleHDA ??

Use AppleHDA OR VoodooHDA, never both at the same time.

Exactly, as I did test it already lst week, now I see two lines in Output Tab - one with lineOut (three times) + Headphones, and one with SPDIF Out.

But no sound ;-)

I could try a newer Voodoo ...

VoodooHDA.kext_v272_Snow - is that one you're using ??

Yes, that's the one I'm using

http://code.google.com/p/voodoohda/downloads/detail?name=VoodooHDA.kext.2.7.2-10.6.zip&can=2&q=

Try replacing the key IOPCIClassMatch by IOPCIPrimaryMatch and set your ID in its value.

Before

IOPCI[color=#FF0000]Class[/color]Match
0x04030000&0xffff0000

After

IOPCI[color=#FF0000]Primary[/color]Match
0x[color=#FF0000]3b56[/color][color=#008000]8086[/color]

0xDeviceIDVendorID

To find your device/vendor ID

http://Olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=63

Yes, that's the one I'm using

http://code.google.com/p/voodoohda/downloads/detail?name=VoodooHDA.kext.2.7.2-10.6.zip&can=2&q=

Try replacing the key IOPCIClassMatch by IOPCIPrimaryMatch and set your ID in its value .....

New day - new hope ! I worked as you told me to do yesterday, and .....

You are the best ! ;-)

I got the kext from your link to be quite sure I do not mess anything and changed OPCIPrimaryMatch and values.

for me it is :

IOPCIPrimaryMatch

0x3a3e8086

And worked !!!!

So now, in Output Tab I have :

Line-out (Green rear) -- that one I use for sound output, and

Digital-out (Black HDMI) -- never used, not sure if it works ...

The front Headphones output functions too.

Now, do you think that my X-Fi Titanium Family Soundblaster card will do it ? And is it possible to have two cards in VoodooHDA ? Two strings into the same IOPCIPrimaryMatch, or another Key ? Or not possible at all.

In any way, now I'm happy ;-)

Thank you very much !

I will try. Basically the question is if it will work with the other card, if I put his numbers, even w/o the m/b one (I think I have to disable it first from BIOS, right?).

Because of the fact I don't use AppleHDA, do you think I need the patched DSDT, or I'll get sound with VoodooHDA w/o DSDT (I don't know what exactly did change in it ...)

remove kexts

add in boot.plist

<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Thanks Mald0n for your help, with your help and the support of oldnapalm, we did it !

Thank you !

I will try. Basically the question is if it will work with the other card, if I put his numbers, even w/o the m/b one (I think I have to disable it first from BIOS, right?).

If the offboard card works with VoodooHDA, you don't need to disable the onboard one, just replace 0x3a3e8086 by device/vendor ID of the other card.

Because of the fact I don't use AppleHDA, do you think I need the patched DSDT, or I'll get sound with VoodooHDA w/o DSDT (I don't know what exactly did change in it ...)

You can keep using the DSDT patched by Maldon, you don't need the HDEF patch I applied.

See trick 4 on official topic about 2 sound cards

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=355

4. If you have two sound cards, for example other one is HDMI output on Video card then made info.plist

IOKitPersonalities

SoundCard

CFBundleIdentifier
org.voodoo.driver.VoodooHDA
IOClass
VoodooHDADevice
IOMatchCategory
VoodooHDADevice
[color=#ff0000][b]			IOPCIPrimaryMatch
0x284b8086   -- place here deviceID of your sound card (Chipset HDA device, not a codecID!)
[/b][/color]IOProviderClass
IOPCIDevice
IOUserClientClass
VoodooHDAUserClient
NodesToPatch

VoodooHDAVerboseLevel

HDMI

CFBundleIdentifier
org.voodoo.driver.VoodooHDA
IOClass
VoodooHDADevice
IOMatchCategory