Hi ! I have a problem with my Hackintosh.

I built this hack a few years ago, on a Dell XPS 730x with it's stock motherboard, and it's stock CPU. Here was it's full specs :

Motherboard : Dell OEM Board with Intel X58 Chipset, with a AMI Legacy BIOS (XPS 730x 1.0.6)

Processor : Intel Core i7-920 codename bloomfield (Nehalem architecture), factory clocked at 2.67 GHz (3.1 with turbo, this thing wasn't overclocked)

RAM : 12 GB (3x4) of generic RAM (motherboard's max) at 1600 MHz

GPU : Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ with 8 GB of VRAM

Operating systems : Windows 10 20H1, macOS Sierra 10.12.6

It was working fine, but because this build was pretty old, I decided to upgrade it. Especielly because I tried to install Mojave on this thing, but failed, apparently because of the Legacy BIOS.

So, I changed the motherboard, the processor and the RAM of the PC, with the following :

Motherboard : Gigabyte Z490-UD rev 1.0, with an AMI UEFI BIOS (Z490-UD F20)

Processor : Intel Core i5-10600 (Comet Lake architecture), factory clocked at 3.30 GHz (4,80 with turbo, can't be overclocked)

RAM : 16 GB (2x8) HyperX Fury at 2666 MHz

GPU : Same RX 480 as before

This upgrade was complicated, because I was transitioning from a Legacy BIOS to a UEFI one. It needed to convert the Windows MBR disk to GPT and rebuild it's bootloader, reinstalling the system with the new drivers...

And for macOS, I reinstalled Clover in UEFI mode, and changed it's configuration : I put an iMac20,2 SMBIOS, because it had the same processor, installed some new kexts, removed old ones, added the -no_compat_check boot argument to still boot on Sierra, and tried to boot. It didn't work. Clover was loading fine, but when launching the system, it was displaying a line of plus signs. It did that before with the previous motherboard, but displays verbose boot log right after. Not that time. It stayed stuck, on this plus line. I waited 30 minutes, nothing happened.

Then I searched for help, and found this site, which propose a full-ready Clover folder for my motherboard. So, I downloaded it and put it on my Clover USB key, and same thing happened. Stuck at plus sign line.

I don't know what's wrong. I see that some people made functionning hacks with that motherboard, so, I thing I forgot something...I searched a faulty option in the BIOS, but found nothing, everything is like asked in the tutorial for this board. So...Don't know how to fix that.

Thanks in advance for your help !

Edited by Sirix1995

• Administrators

paste this efi folder into efi partition

https://tinyurl.com/y7puzwv9

-Donations-

PayPal HERE - Stripe HERE - Ko-Fi HERE - BuyMeaCoffee HERE - Mercado Livre HERE

Skrill [email protected]

BTC 1BDzsV4bw3DVCiffFAeNKsdEzqkPXNVrXR

ETH BSC BEP20 0xb57cfdfa371fad1981910f0e8332409ab99f74d9

BNB 0x10D1d656eCa00bD521f9b4A43B83098B8142e115

USDT BSC BEP20 0xb57cfdfa371fad1981910f0e8332409ab99f74d9

USDT TRC20 TUR6Z9AVS4AYzqPnULoHrfFvppRbhXmNbZ

PicPay @danielnmaldonado

PiX @[email protected]

Problems with Paypal HERE

xcd5u2Y.png

New ways to earn money with Linkvertise HERE

Hi ! Thanks for your help !

But it don't work either...But the problem is different. When I connect my USB drive and run my BIOS's boot selector, it displays an OpenCore entry. If I select it, the screen goes black, stay like that a few seconds, and the boot selector appears again...

And it does that each time I select the OpenCore entry.