• Administrators

hey

what system version?

-Donations-

PayPal HERE - Stripe HERE - Ko-Fi HERE - BuyMeaCoffee HERE - Mercado Livre HERE

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3 - BNB 0x10D1d656eCa00bD521f9b4A43B83098B8142e115 - USDT BSC BEP20 0xb57cfdfa371fad1981910f0e8332409ab99f74d9 - USDT TRC20 TUR6Z9AVS4AYzqPnULoHrfFvppRbhXmNbZ - KASPA kaspa:qpxzufgfj8p6r0krg58yzvs0009h2mwqgvcawa0xc2pth7sgzpv56j4f6dtvk - PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

Premium Users HERE - Problems with Paypal HERE

xcd5u2Y.png

New ways to earn money with Linkvertise HERE

Yes Sorry. I was trying to install your Monterey image on my Asus IvyBridge HD4000. The graphics acceleration don't seem to work. Minutes later I get a panic with some WatchDog message, even tough I started with -wegnoegpu keepsyms=1 debug=0x100 alcid=4 -v shikigva=128 watchdog=0 -no_compat_check agdpmod=pikera -lilubetaall. I am using MacBookPro13,3 as Platf.Config, which used to work very well under BigSur and OpenCore 7.1.

Thanks for your help.

Edited by Rutherford

• Administrators

i think ur hardware die for monterey

-Donations-

PayPal HERE - Stripe HERE - Ko-Fi HERE - BuyMeaCoffee HERE - Mercado Livre HERE

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3 - BNB 0x10D1d656eCa00bD521f9b4A43B83098B8142e115 - USDT BSC BEP20 0xb57cfdfa371fad1981910f0e8332409ab99f74d9 - USDT TRC20 TUR6Z9AVS4AYzqPnULoHrfFvppRbhXmNbZ - KASPA kaspa:qpxzufgfj8p6r0krg58yzvs0009h2mwqgvcawa0xc2pth7sgzpv56j4f6dtvk - PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

Premium Users HERE - Problems with Paypal HERE

xcd5u2Y.png

New ways to earn money with Linkvertise HERE

On 6/25/2021 at 10:28 PM, Rutherford said:

Yes Sorry. I was trying to install your Monterey image on my Asus IvyBridge HD4000. The graphics acceleration don't seem to work. Minutes later I get a panic with some WatchDog message, even tough I started with -wegnoegpu keepsyms=1 debug=0x100 alcid=4 -v shikigva=128 watchdog=0 -no_compat_check agdpmod=pikera -lilubetaall. I am using MacBookPro13,3 as Platf.Config, which used to work very well under BigSur and OpenCore 7.1.

Thanks for your help.

I have Monterey Beta 2 with graphics acceleration working on my Gigabyte B75M-D3H i5 3570K Ivy Bridge Motherboard.  Used OpenCore Legacy Patcher by Dortania. Use option 3 Post-install Volume Patch.  Ensure your Mac is set for auto-login. Had to set Smbios to MacBook Pro 8.2 to work.  Opencore 7.1 with updated kexts. 

boot-arg  -v keepsyms=1 -lilubetaall amfi_get_out_of_my_way=1 -no_compat_check

Edited by ebaymic
  • Like 1

On 7/24/2021 at 7:01 PM, Rutherford said:

Could not run LegacyPatcher yet because my Monterey system does not start (panic). Which SBIOs settings do you use? Thanks.

Set Smbios to MacBook Pro 8.2.  I tried to upgrade to Monterey Beta 3 without success (Kernel Panic).  Not sure what has happened but OC legacy patcher not working. 

Give Chris1111 HD4000 patcher a go https://github.com/chris1111/Patch-HD4000-Monterey . It might work. I'm going to wait a while before I try again with a later update of Monterey.

That's the same problem I had.  Monterey runs without acceleration very sluggishly.   When use either legacy or PatchHD4000 the PC stops at a command  line or kernel panic.

According to Chris1111 it is critical to disable SIP to install his patch. 

In OC config.plist  - 

• csr-active-config ☞ EF0F0000

and in a terminal in Recovery mode 

csrutil disable

csrutil authenticated-root disable

Latest PatchHD4000 has a built in SIP checker.

Set boot-args   

• -v keepsyms=1 -lilubetaall amfi_get_out_of_my_way=1 -no_compat_check

Gate keeper must be disabled

sudo spctl --master-disable

Smbios set    MacBookPro12,1

With laptops I had some kexts that caused kernel panic on start.  All kexts and drivers and opencore need to be updated to latest versions.

Hope that helps.

I used MacBookPro13,3, since this is the most similar to my own laptop CPU. The boot args.: -wegnoegpu alcid=4 watchdog=0 -no_compat_check agdpmod=pikera -keepsyms=1. PatchHD4000.EN from https://github.com/chris1111/Patch-HD4000-Monterey/releases as you know. My beta version is the latest available by Olarila, this is: 12.0 Beta (21A5304g). I believe this is Beta5. But I think the real important thing was to boot in recovery mode and do csrutil disable...

Thanks again

I have installed Monterey Beta 5 on my Gigabyte B75M-D3H i5 3570K Ivy Bridge HD4000  Motherboard. 

Graphics acceleration is good.  Used  https://github.com/chris1111/Patch-HD4000-Monterey/releases.  My Smbios set to iMac 17.1 (quad-core i5) not the recommended  MacBookPro12,1 .  

All good now. Not sure how easy it will be updating to next beta.  I might wait for the final release.

Thanks for your help Rutherford.

• Like 1

i had a question you say you have a Ivy Bridge Processor but your using a MacBookPro 13,3 as a smbios and thata it was working fine and then now your usina smbios on imac17,1 which is skylake. Now for graphics acceleration i have always used "framebuffer-unifiedmem" "data" "0000F0FF" for 4095MB  or "000000C0"for 3072MB or "00000080" 2048MB or the regular value being 1536MB I would use "00000060".  I can adjust it without issues. However i truly cant say that there is much of a performance increase past 2048. If there is its really hard to see. I havent benchmarked it so im not sure. But you can scale your VRAM upp and down with that patch from WEG.  My question though is on SMBios I thougt you were supposed to use the smbios that was the closet to your hardware as possible for best results?  Your saying someting entirely different so what i was wondering is am I wrong about my assumption of SMBios selection? Iunderstand that you can load up a different smbIOS at will but would you mind explaining to me your thinking onhow your approaching this!? Bcuz if im wrong and there is a better way to go about it then what ive been doing I would like to know. Bcuz i have 3 to 4 machines that i regularly hackintosh on and the best performance ive gotten is off the dell 3060 with i38100t in it but ive limited myself to the smbios closest to that which i did run imac17,1 and it worked ok i did that based on the sockets are the same for the 15 6600 and the 138100 but there not interchangeable meaning i cant put my coffee lake in my dell AIO 7440 that has the 15 6600 ,,it will fit but it wont work even though its the same socket size.  So i was wondering what your take is on that. concerning the SMBios selection on say Dell e6430 which is ivy bridge hd 4000 i mean i use mbp 9,2 10,2 MM 6,2 {MBA6,2 if wanting to use big sur} imac ive not been using bcuz there is  a dGPU and IGPU and im only using macines with a igpu. -wegnoegpu is wat you would use if you were usingg a imac smbios bcuz macos expects a dgpu to be present at all times on imac whereas one handles computing tasks and the other is used to individually power a display. that reference there was from non-vanilla-way. But anyways if you get some time hit me back and tell me your approach oin the matter and if im doing things wrong on my end . I would appreciate it 

https://imgur.com/WaoDLlA.      here is a link to a screenshot of what i was talking about

oh and the GA im speaking about works in monterey as well if you have a supported system. If you dont and require the patch for the hd 4000 it will work once your system is patched. but not as a original patchin solution. as is in the othercases

Not sure if you are directing the question to Rutherford or myself.

I use imac 17.1 not MacBook Pro 13.3 because I have a Desktop PC Gigabyte B75M-D3H i5 3570K Ivy Bridge Motherboard.  Initially used MacBook Pro 8.2 and MacBook Pro 12,2 because that is what was recommended by Open core Legacy patcher and Chris 1111 Patch 4000.

Changed to iMac 17.1 and Chris 1111 Patch 4000 worked on my system. Monterey will only support Desktop Mac's from late 2015 > iMac 16.1. 

On a laptop Monterey supports > early 2015 MacBookPro 12.1. Rutherford uses MacBookPro13,3

Due to compatibility changes in Monterey it is not possible to use the exact Smbios to match CPU and motherboard. If this is an issue go back to Big Sur.

Edited by ebaymic

im sorry bro i was talking to you. my badd ! i should have been more clear about that

Just now, rickiethadragon said:

im sorry bro i was talking to you. my badd ! i should have been more clear about that

ebaymic

On 10/13/2021 at 8:53 PM, ebaymic said:

Not sure if you are directing the question to Rutherford or myself.

I use imac 17.1 not MacBook Pro 13.3 because I have a Desktop PC Gigabyte B75M-D3H i5 3570K Ivy Bridge Motherboard.  Initially used MacBook Pro 8.2 and MacBook Pro 12,2 because that is what was recommended by Open core Legacy patcher and Chris 1111 Patch 4000.

Changed to iMac 17.1 and Chris 1111 Patch 4000 worked on my system. Monterey will only support Desktop Mac's from late 2015 > iMac 16.1. 

On a laptop Monterey supports > early 2015 MacBookPro 12.1. Rutherford uses MacBookPro13,3

Due to compatibility changes in Monterey it is not possible to use the exact Smbios to match CPU and motherboard. If this is an issue go back to Big Sur.

and i had atypo when i said i took refernce fromm non vanilla way. i meant the reference was from non-vanilla-way

11 minutes ago, rickiethadragon said:

ebaymic

and i had atypo when i said i took refernce fromm non vanilla way. i meant the reference was from non-vanilla-way

Ok i see what your sayin. It makes perfect sense now. Out of curiosity what about PM?  Are you able to use the SSDT PLUG or do you still be bound to the SSDT-PM from Piker Alpha bcuz of the ivy bridge setup concerning PM Compatibility.