squidder

Ongoing Random Kernal Panics when not booted in Verbose

Hi Mald0n,

Since this is an Olarilla Vanilla install this time round (now my Go-To method of intalling OS updates as they are 100% reliable in getting the USB installed configured correctly and getting the OS installed!) I am coming to you guys for help with this, I've ceen hackintoshing now since 2007 or 2008 and am generally good at keeping things runnig smoothly and up to date but where it comes to Kernel Panics... I have no idea!!! Don't know where to start... Generally a kexts is behind the crash but how to resolve? In the past there were patched kexts for example.... altering the vanilla status of the install or even clover patches....here it seems to be down to Virtual SMC??? (am I correct?) I updated Lilu, AppleALC and Whatevergreen following update ro 10.15.3 and all has been more or less okay but these crashes suddely just happen out of the blue.... mainly they occur on start up just after you get past the login screen and the desktop is loading. However, if I boot in verbose they do not seem to happen at all... or rarely... So please... is it a bug? is it a problem? WHat need I do to eliminate this rather annoyinmg KP at this point???? Your vast wisdom as ever will be greatly appreciated....

I c&P'd the KP report as I cannot remember where the full reports are located... Apple have movced stuff around in any case and I can't find stuff I used to locate easily in tghe System Directory up to maybe 3 years ago....

Thanks in advance

Untitled.rtf.zip

Edited by squidder

Just a quick update,,,, I noticed in the reports references too Bluetooth and AtherosBrcp--- so I checked the repository and have found a kext there and duly added it to the EFI,,, may or may not be the/a fix for the issue but I await your comments in any case...

AirportBrcmFixup.kext....

• Administrators

sound like a VirtualSMC problem

-Donations-

PayPal HERE - Stripe HERE - Ko-Fi HERE - BuyMeaCoffee HERE - Mercado Livre HERE

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3 - BNB 0x10D1d656eCa00bD521f9b4A43B83098B8142e115 - USDT BSC BEP20 0xb57cfdfa371fad1981910f0e8332409ab99f74d9 - USDT TRC20 TUR6Z9AVS4AYzqPnULoHrfFvppRbhXmNbZ - KASPA kaspa:qpxzufgfj8p6r0krg58yzvs0009h2mwqgvcawa0xc2pth7sgzpv56j4f6dtvk - PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

Premium Users HERE - Problems with Paypal HERE

xcd5u2Y.png

New ways to earn money with Linkvertise HERE

• Administrators

first u need fix ur nvram, if problem stay there, change to fakesmc

-Donations-

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3 - BNB 0x10D1d656eCa00bD521f9b4A43B83098B8142e115 - USDT BSC BEP20 0xb57cfdfa371fad1981910f0e8332409ab99f74d9 - USDT TRC20 TUR6Z9AVS4AYzqPnULoHrfFvppRbhXmNbZ - KASPA kaspa:qpxzufgfj8p6r0krg58yzvs0009h2mwqgvcawa0xc2pth7sgzpv56j4f6dtvk - PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

xcd5u2Y.png

46 minutes ago, MaLd0n said:

first u need fix ur nvram, if problem stay there, change to fakesmc

I was thinking on the same lines.... Think the issue may be because of a conflict. The Olarilla EFI Install folder contained BOTH Fakesmc and Virtualsmc.... I downloaded the latets version of VirtualSmc and moved fake smc to "Off" folder for now... am monitoring the situation with this change and the AirportBcrmFixup.kext addition. Moved other unneccessary kexts to Off also,,,,

Will report back if issue persists...

• Administrators
54 minutes ago, squidder said:

The Olarilla EFI Install folder contained BOTH Fakesmc and Virtualsmc

have only one, not both

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png

On 2/25/2020 at 12:09 PM, MaLd0n said:

have only one, not both

I now have only VirtualSMC.kext installed and the problem persists... However the issue here seems to have something to do with bluetooth--- please advise how to fix this.... As mentioned I already added AirportBrcmFixup to kexts... but cannot find any other fixes pertaining to bluetooth in the repository.... thanks

panic.rtf.zip

• Administrators

u fix ur dsdt?

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png

How so???? am not about to go mess with the DSDT (that is if I am even using one... which I doubt,,, as this configuration has not required on for years,,,, it uses the native DSTD via clover afaik) if its going to make things worse fro the sake of a sometimes faulting Bluetooth Ketx!

From what I have read elsewhere this seems to have been an issue in Catalina for which the AirportBcrmFixup.kext was touted as a solution... but apparently not,,, which is why I came here for constructive help. Mess with this/mess with that is NOT helpful!!!! Sorry... but it neither aids or helps one to to learn how to troubleshoot problems now or in the future,,,, which results with people like me replying with posts just like this!!!

What is the point of the forum if not to HELP others!! Mald0n... you've been so much help with issues in the past....These KPS are just difficult for me to understand...... 

Edited by squidder

• Administrators
5 hours ago, squidder said:

has not required on for years

here we use a real vanilla, dsdt base. don't exist a good hack without it. the best way is avoid bootloader "extra" things

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png

On 3/2/2020 at 9:55 PM, MaLd0n said:

here we use a real vanilla, dsdt base. don't exist a good hack without it. the best way is avoid bootloader "extra" things

So now the question becomes... How on earth does one extract a DSDT in this day and age? This is the real problem... for years we used DSDTSE or DSDT Patcher... MaciAsl,.,,, Then there was Aida 64... and so on...and so on..... It keeps changing! None of these old methods seem to work anymore... or the software used to extract does not?

The last time I did extract a DSDT it was a monster .. made up of many files and not just one!.... Tthere was no list of patches or app to show where the problems and errors were,,,, so I placed what I had in the EFI... and MasOS would not boot afterwards!!! It booted fine without it! and yes this is with a Vanilla Kernel... A Mess in other words,,,, RTather have a system that will boot!

Right now the system runs perfectly apart from this one little intermittent issue... when it does throw a KP I may need to rebooot once or twice more for it to go aeay but when it does the system is fine! Rather that that a mess of DSDT fileas and a Black Screen!

Edited by squidder

• Administrators

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png

I have no way of donating - please forgive me for that! No credit cards etc,,,

extracted using your method and also CLover... not sure what the patch is.....but it obviously is connected to Bluetooth

I can only send the clover extracted files too as the Max total size for upload is 2.93 Mb and the SendMe.zip file created weights 5.8Mb!!!!
Clover extracted.zip

• Administrators
37 minutes ago, squidder said:

I can only send the clover extracted files too as the Max total size for upload is 2.93 Mb and the SendMe.zip file created weights 5.8Mb!!!!

DSDT.aml.zip

use my dsdt with Olarila folder serie 100/200/300

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png

4 hours ago, MaLd0n said:

DSDT.aml.zip 41.05 kB · 1 download

use my dsdt with Olarila folder serie 100/200/300

Not sure I follow,,,,

The Clover Folder I use is the Olarilla Clover per this link: (so I think I have the righ one already installed....)

Do I clean out the "Origin" folder and just have your DSDT.aml there???
or add it to the patched folder and leave the extracted files in Origin???

Thanks...

• Administrators
9 hours ago, squidder said:

Not sure I follow

edited dsdt.aml into clover/acpi/patched

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png

6 hours ago, MaLd0n said:

edited dsdt.aml into clover/acpi/patched

Thanks Mald0n... I will assume that CLover looks there first...

Will try with this for a while and see if the KP returns... looks quite a bit cleaner too than my original...

More problems as a result of this...

Now will not wake from sleep... does not respond to either mouse or keyboard wake...

Have to hard restart... and instead of booting into clover... boots into bios repair routine!

reverting to my original DSDT awaiting further,,,,