rafaelreisr

[Mojave] Asus P7P55D LGA 1156 / Core i7-860 Lynnfield / Nvidia GT 710 1GB

After a lot of trial and error, learning and help from [ref] MaLd0n [/ref] managed to get my (very) old system working quite well with Mojave.

Heres a sum up of what worked:

2. Reset BIOS Defaults, Set SATA to AHCI and C State to C3
  4. Use Mojave Clover Image from Installation Tutorial, but edit Clover config.plist before installation and set SMBIOS to iMac 14,2 (I used a macOS Virtualbox VM for that)
  6. Install Mojave as instructed on the guide
  8. Install Clover as instructed on the guide, but change SMBIOS to 11,3 and enable Generate Pstate and Cstate at ACPI portion of Clover config
  10. No need to inject any drivers for GPU, it works natively

It's a modest system but does the job.

I've attached Send me.zip. It contains EFI folder, config.plist, and other information that could be useful for anybody replicating a similar build.

Screenshots:

Screen-Shot-2019-08-17-at-11-22-28.png

Screen-Shot-2019-08-17-at-10-39-15.png

Screen-Shot-2019-08-17-at-10-39-37.png

Screen-Shot-2019-08-16-at-20-54-18.png

Screen-Shot-2019-08-17-at-10-40-04.png

Screen-Shot-2019-08-17-at-10-47-59.png

Screen-Shot-2019-08-17-at-10-48-18.png

Screen-Shot-2019-08-17-at-10-48-34.png

Screen-Shot-2019-08-17-at-10-50-43.png

Screen-Shot-2019-08-17-at-10-46-45.png

Send me rafaels-iMac.zip

• Administrators
:guitar:cap

-Donations-

PayPal HERE - Stripe HERE - Ko-Fi HERE - BuyMeaCoffee HERE - Mercado Livre HERE

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3 - BNB 0x10D1d656eCa00bD521f9b4A43B83098B8142e115 - USDT BSC BEP20 0xb57cfdfa371fad1981910f0e8332409ab99f74d9 - USDT TRC20 TUR6Z9AVS4AYzqPnULoHrfFvppRbhXmNbZ - KASPA kaspa:qpxzufgfj8p6r0krg58yzvs0009h2mwqgvcawa0xc2pth7sgzpv56j4f6dtvk - PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

Premium Users HERE - Problems with Paypal HERE

xcd5u2Y.png

New ways to earn money with Linkvertise HERE

Hi!

I have the same Asus P7P55 LGA 1156 and Core i7-860 BUT an Nvidia Quadro 2000 as graphic card.

Have you installed Catalina, too?

Now I will try Mojave, because the USB pendrive doesn't seem to boot following this guide:

https://Olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=8685

I select it as first booting device from BIOS, but seems that it simply skips it without errors and then loads Windows 10. The 16 GB installation pendrive partition with Olarila Catalina row image is macOS journaled (I have verified it with a true iMac) .

Thanks in advance, Alex

• Administrators

I select it as first booting device from BIOS, but seems that it simply skips it without errors and then loads Windows 10. The 16 GB installation pendrive partition with Olarila Catalina row image is macOS journaled (I have verified it with a true iMac) .

u used a bootkey?

asus is f8

-Donations-

PayPal HERE - Stripe HERE - Ko-Fi HERE - BuyMeaCoffee HERE - Mercado Livre HERE

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3 - BNB 0x10D1d656eCa00bD521f9b4A43B83098B8142e115 - USDT BSC BEP20 0xb57cfdfa371fad1981910f0e8332409ab99f74d9 - USDT TRC20 TUR6Z9AVS4AYzqPnULoHrfFvppRbhXmNbZ - KASPA kaspa:qpxzufgfj8p6r0krg58yzvs0009h2mwqgvcawa0xc2pth7sgzpv56j4f6dtvk - PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

Premium Users HERE - Problems with Paypal HERE

xcd5u2Y.png

New ways to earn money with Linkvertise HERE

Hi! Thanks for replay! Solved changing old pendrive with Samsung USB 3.0.

Now I have copied Clover config.plist from "send me Raphael.zip" attached to the tutorial for Core i7 860, replacing the old one in pendrive contained in your 10.14.6 installer. I set the BIOS of P7P55D following the guide and I will retry the booting. On first trial, It has started loading for 1 minute writing a lot of text, but then has stopped without crashing.

u used a bootkey?

asus is f8

Hi! Solved boot issue with a Samsung USB 3.0 pendrive.

Then I have done this in BIOS: CPU in C3 state, SATA to AHCI and overwritten Clover config.plist with the one on the zip file. Still I get the same stop after "unsupported CPU" and "unsupported PCH" statements and 1 minute of loading.

PS: I have an Nvidia Quadro 2000 graphic card.

Thanks again for your kind interest, Alex

I'm available for all tests that you need, if you likes ;)

olarila1.jpg

olarila2.jpg

olarila3.jpg

olarila4.jpg

========TUTORIAL==========

After a lot of trial and error, learning and help from MaLd0n managed to get my (very) old system working quite well with Mojave.

Heres a sum up of what worked:

Reset BIOS Defaults, Set SATA to AHCI and C State to C3

Use Mojave Clover Image from Installation Tutorial, but edit Clover config.plist before installation and set SMBIOS to iMac 14,2 (I used a macOS Virtualbox VM for that)

Install Mojave as instructed on the guide

Install Clover as instructed on the guide, but change SMBIOS to 11,3 and enable Generate Pstate and Cstate at ACPI portion of Clover config

No need to inject any drivers for GPU, it works natively

It's a modest system but does the job.

I've attached Send me.zip. It contains EFI folder, config.plist, and other information that could be useful for anybody replicating a similar build.

• Like 1

Hello, I am new. First post. Thank you, I installed before and I cannot remember what settings. Anyhow after it crashing installing kexts for a firewire device, I put it on the side.

I got it back up yesterday using a cloned clover config from my sony Vaio with a i5 3337U. So I was looking for better settings. It would not boot using a SMBIOS of a imac that had a i7 860, which I assume you already knew.

I think I will redo everything again. This desktop has many HDD's, and my Sony Vaio's HDD is kinda messed dual booting with Windows 10. Going from High Sierra to Mojave and being forced into APFS kinda messed my partitions up. So I will try to get this i7 860 desktop more stable so I can clean up my sony's HDD. The partition table seems messed, the APFS container seems messed, or something. Issues resizing. I will be doing alot of file transfers and backups though and get it smooth.

Oh my! rafael's clover booted my desktop like 3/4 faster. And it seems smoother, and the audio settings are more accurate. I only had HDMI audio working. Now it looks like everything on my mobo.

Sorry I did not give specs:

I think my mobo is: 
P7H55-M LX (It was hard to identify, I bought off ebay and it was not a standard one)

Video: Nvidia GTX660

thank you so very much~ Now just to try and see if I can get my sony vaio HDD to be detected properly. This mobo is not UEFI, but something in between.

I can boot GPT disks, but only from USB. I think my USB is GUID/GPT and not MBR.

Anyhow, if it works it works :P

Clover sees my windows and my OSX drives and partitions, just not my Viao at the moment. But yeah it's partition table is messed.

Big problem with my vaio is the screen is smashed, and the UEFI will not output to HDMI.

I have yet to get clover to load onto HDMI, I think I read it is difficult if not impossible. But once a OS loads it is fine. As long as I have another computer to mount my EFI.

But actually now I boot off a 32GB USb stick, that is formated I think the whole thing fat32. So when I boot OSX it automatically mounts and my efi folder is there, no mounting needed.

I know it's not a good setup but it works. The more I read and learn the better.

Thank you again!

--------------

Edit-

My VAIO HDD is mounted and everything with your clover. Thank you! I know I had too many drivers in there. I will explore your config alittle but I don't want to touch it.

Edited by Shawn Vachon
I did not want to triple post