angelo

Unable to get clover boot option on dualboot with win 10

I recently got a Sabrent rocket 1tb SSD to replace my 256 pm981 due to incompatibility, cloned it with Clonezilla, shrank the volume with partition wizard (windows partition tool doesn't like the volume, says it might be corrupted (chkdsk says it's fine)), went into clover with the USB to install Mojave (10.14.5 or .6, don't remember), install in the partition just fine, boot into macos and try to install clover and it gets installed under SYSTEM_DRV/efi and doesn't show up when pressing f12 among the boot options no matter how many times I reinstall clover or mojave.

The system is a yoga 730 IWL, 8gb of ram, 1tb sabrent rocket nvme ssd, clover 5018(in esp+uefi only), lilu and weg latest, voodoops2, fake/virtualsmc, lan kext (for adapter) but I doubt it's a kext issue since I can't even get into clover, any clue on what I could do to fix it?

Thank you

• Administrators

[ref]angelo[/ref], this nvme have a native support?

post ur efi folder here

-Donations-

PayPal HERE - Stripe HERE - Ko-Fi HERE - BuyMeaCoffee HERE - Mercado Livre HERE

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3 - BNB 0x10D1d656eCa00bD521f9b4A43B83098B8142e115 - USDT BSC BEP20 0xb57cfdfa371fad1981910f0e8332409ab99f74d9 - USDT TRC20 TUR6Z9AVS4AYzqPnULoHrfFvppRbhXmNbZ - KASPA kaspa:qpxzufgfj8p6r0krg58yzvs0009h2mwqgvcawa0xc2pth7sgzpv56j4f6dtvk - PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

Premium Users HERE - Problems with Paypal HERE

xcd5u2Y.png

New ways to earn money with Linkvertise HERE

[ref]angelo[/ref], this nvme have a native support?

post ur efi folder here

Yes, afaik it has native support and I also found many people using in in real macs with adapters.

Here is the clover efi folder (it's inside a SYSTEM_DRV/efi, probably the name lenovo/microsoft has for the folder that contains the efi folder with 3 other folder (APPLE, boot and Microsoft that are too heavy to upload) CLOVER.zip

Yes, afaik it has native support and I also found many people using in in real macs with adapters.

Here is the clover efi folder (it's inside a SYSTEM_DRV/efi, probably the name lenovo/microsoft has for the folder that contains the efi folder with 3 other folder (APPLE, boot and Microsoft that are too heavy to upload) CLOVER.zip

Okay hopefully it's not the case that your system doesn't have NVRAM or else it won't be able to remember your automatically configured or manually configured UEFI boot entries...

Ok you have some options... You should look in your UEFI BIOS and you should see a place to add UEFI boot entries manually. I have attached some images of what my UEFI BIOS boot entry adder screen looks like and the process in order to manually add a boot entry. Just do it differently in that you would select your SSD where in my example I used the Sandisk USB because I haven't got my macOS installation working yet and so I'm using that as an example because that's where I have my Clover currently, but it's the same process just select your SSD with Clover instead of what I did.

->

https://imgur.com/a/jnDPIZe

If you don't have anything like that in your BIOS an alternative method I've used before (on a PC that didn't have a boot entry creator in it's UEFI BIOS, but still had working NVRAM) is if you have a Linux install or a Linux live usb that you must boot via UEFI method... You can use efibootmgr!

Described here: https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Efibootmgr and here: https://linux.die.net/man/8/efibootmgr

Basically as those directions show, once you have your EFI partition mounted on Linux, you can view and alter your systems NVRAM to add boot entries change the order of entries and/or select a particular entry to boot automatically / active boot entry, or just an entry to temporarily boot next boot, etc...

root # efibootmgr -v

BootCurrent: 0002
Timeout: 3 seconds
BootOrder: 0002,0003,0000,0004
Boot0000* CD/DVD Drive  BIOS(3,0,00)
Boot0001* Hard Drive    BIOS(2,0,00)
Boot0002* Windows Boot Manager        HD(1,800,61800,6d98f360-cb3e-4727-8fed-5ce0c040365d)File(\EFI\boot\bootx64.efi)
Boot0003* Hard Drive    BIOS(2,0,00)P0: ST1500DM003-9YN16G

So viewing it like that will show you what it's currently set with, which it'll likely only show your Windows in the #1 position since your Clover entry isn't coming up when you load your boot menu (with your F12 key for your computer)

You're going to want to add an entry with something like this:

root # efibootmgr -c -L "macOS" -l '\EFI\CLOVER\CLOVERx64.efi'

So then when viewing it again afterwards it'll be added so then if your view looks something like this:

root # efibootmgr -v

BootCurrent: 0002
Timeout: 3 seconds
BootOrder: 0002,0003,0000,0004
Boot0000* CD/DVD Drive  BIOS(3,0,00)
Boot0001* Hard Drive    BIOS(2,0,00)
Boot0002* Windows Boot Manager        HD(1,800,61800,6d98f360-cb3e-4727-8fed-5ce0c040365d)File(\EFI\boot\bootx64.efi)
Boot0003* Hard Drive    BIOS(2,0,00)P0: ST1500DM003-9YN16G
Boot0004* macOS          HD(1,800,61800,6d98f360-cb3e-4727-8fed-5ce0c040365d)File(\EFI\CLOVER\CLOVERx64.efi)

Set it as active first: (with an asterisk signifies that in above output)

root # efibootmgr -b 0004 -a

Then it'll show up when loading your bootmenu or to auto boot change the order so that it's first:

root # efibootmgr -o 0004,0002,0003,0000

Viewing it again will show the updated boot order with macOS via Clover ordered first so it will be what automatically boots when you power up your machine (if that's what you want, otherwise press your boot menu key and it should now let you choose your "macOS" boot entry or whatever you named it).

If the entries don't stick indicating your system doesn't have persistent NVRAM, then you could either backup and overwrite your Window's UEFI bootloader @ \EFI\Boot\bootx64.efi so Clover auto boots that way, or annoying use a USB stick everytime you boot macOS (I would prefer the former over that, but if Windows updates the UEFI bootloader through an update or something like that you may end up having to re-install it this way) But note that you can just copy the CLOVERX64.efi over bootx64.efi and it will work just fine, even though its not in the CLOVER folder, Clover knows where it's folder is -> \EFI\CLOVER.

Finally Clover itself has an option to add a boot menu entry on the Clover Boot Options as seen in image #11 that I've attached, but I think you have to be booted from it from HD or SSD for the entry to be made for that EFI partition or it'll create it for the USB if booted via that as it looks like that's the entry it's creating from the image.

Anyway hope this helps :D