Hello World!

Not sure where to post. Will update with pics and benchmark when fully operational.

I was given a Dell Precision tower as the former owner didnt need it anymore. Needless to say windows was driving me crazy so I decided to install OSX MOJAVE.

Set up :

2tb SSD

500gb HDD

CPU Xeon Haswell

GPU Firepro W2100

- I also have a GPU Vega 56, but my PSU is too small to run it, so when I have the money to buy a PSU, I will install the VEGA 56

4*4gb RAM

Motherboard seems to be proprietary Dell for this tower 5810

Since I didnt want to fuck up, I decided to use an old 250GB HDD in a HDD PORT connected by USB to try out the install.

------

Try one: Using the tony...86 (plz dont ban me) guide I managed to make a bootable stick. I had troubles getting it to boot as it was stuck on the Apple logo.

-Decided to use my MBP to install Mojave on the HDD

-Option boot into installer worked and it installed no problems

-Had troubles with multishit not building

-When booting on PC only apple logo with empty progress bar :help:wallbash

------

Try two: saw Olarilla mentioned in a youtube comment

-Flashed stick and tried installing with Olarilla

-First install failed, retry, WORKED. :boxing:crazy:

-Boot from USB like instructions say, finished OSX installation; perfect!

-Installed commands specified

-Install Clover,replace with Clover from MaLd0n (i keep reading MAD LAD, not sure if you did this on purpose but its hilarious)

-Reinstall Clover

-Shut down and restart

-Boot from EX HDD, old Clover shows up.... strange ..... try to run Mojave from EX HDD APPLE LOGO AND NO PROGRESS BAR....... STRANGE

-Restart; BOOT FROM USB, OLARILLA CLOVER SHOWS UP; GOOD! Run OS...... WORKS....

So im currently sitting here with my PC running OSX. FUCKING AWESOME!

System Information from OSX =

Imac 14,2

Xeon 6 core 3,49 GHZ (correct)

16gb Ram (correct)

Audio : empty ... will have to play around with Kexts.... BUT in PCI it sees an AUDIO DEVICE WITHOUT KEXTS FIXED

Optical drive (correct)

Ethernet correct and sees wifis and logs in no problemo.

GPU: No kext loaded, but screen works

STORAGE: Sees no internal drives BUT sees all USB!!!

Problems :

- Require USB to boot into OS X

- OS X is still on EX HDD

- Want multiboot W10 and Linux

- Have new graphic card I still need to install with a new PSU

- Audio/GPU drivers needed [AUDIO FIXED]

- Bluetooth not displayed in System Preferences

Solutions:

- USB TO BOOT : Will have to play around with settings until I can get it to boot fully from the EX HDD, ideally somebody could help me? ;);)

- OSX ON EX HDD : Will simply Clone the Install, partition the Internal drives and then place the clone there, hopefully that should work without further input :smoke:

- Multiboot : Partition Internal drives and install W10 and Linux, should be easy enough. :smoke:

- GPU : I havent done this before, but from my understanding the PSU will be plug and play, and since the Vega 56 is in Imacs, there should be native driver support :smoke:

- Audio and bluetooth .... Ill just look around for the kexts. [VOODOOHDA WORKED FOR AUDIO]

So yeah my biggest issue is getting the machine to boot without the usb, then moving the system to internal. Im not worried about any of the audio/gpu issues as they seem to be easy to fix.

UPDATE:

MP3 or Movies dont play either in quickview (spacebar in finder) or in itunes or quicktime. HOWEVER i can connect to the Air Capsule without problems and fully read the contents of the drive. JPGs open but the performance from the EX HDD can only do so much, so they start off pixelated. Preview works however!

Imessage does not want me to sign in, have seen a fix for it somewhere so ill have to look into that.

Have opened up Hackintool and can see there are all the Kexts waiting to be installed. Will Look for AUDIO and GPU here, i think VoodooHDA for audio and Whatevergreen for GPU....

Also saw that I have access to change the processor but I dont know the platform ID so ill simply change from coffee lake to haswell as i know that for sure.

Saw NullEthernet Kext and wondered if the Mac App store would work. Made new account and am Downloading XCODE, seems to work without a problem!

Have downloaded and installed the following :

Lilu

VoodooHDA

WhateverGreen

Compile Output states installing and rebuilding kext cache and repairing permissions, does not explicitly state the install finished but It was volleyballing for a minute and now works, so Im guessing it has. I will restart and see how it goes from there. Have not found anything that points towards booting from outside the USB... so I still need help here. If the 3 kexts i installed for some reason fuck up, ill just have to boot in safe mode. easy.

Wondering if I need the VoodooTSCSync.....

UPDATE 2

I wanted to walk the dog an hour ago but im too excited playing around with my new mac pro. Logging in feels so AWESOME. I really cant thank you enough! When im done with this install here, I would actually like to dvelve into this a bit deeper and perhaps even help as I am have been very interested in Computer Science for a while!

So after the installs mentioned above, I can get the AUDIO to work perfectly, the shitty speaker inside the Dell is default and the Line out in the back (it even says back green in system preferences how cool is that?) works perfectly with headphones. HOWEVER hackintool does not display anything in the Audio Tab although there is now information in the Audio tab in the System profiler.

Now I need to find a way to get the bluetooth to work as well.

Also; VIDEO and AUDIO works in the form of mp3 and mp4. Not sure if it was Lilu/Voodoo or whatever green. Im not planning on uninstalling Lilu and WhateverGreen so I cant say for certain which one did it.

Unfortunately, the graphics card isnt changed in the System Profile, and still displays 7mb lol. Im pretty sure it has 2gb of vram. My priority for now is getting it off the EX HDD, this would be easier if I could actually see the internal drives... ill figure something out.

Funnily enough the set up is somewhat confusing; the prior owner has a 500gb HDD and a 2TB SDD... not sure why you would go for that combination. He still has some stuff he wants to keep on the 2TB SDD, so I will have to find some space for that somewhere before I can partition

Does anybody know If I can partition whilst keeping the stuff on the SDD? It would make life easier If i didnt have to reinstall windows et al programs...

UPDATE 3

config.plist > Graphics> Inject> INTEL YES [keep on yes]

config.plist > Graphics> Inject> ATI NO [to] YES

That didnt do anything, what did do something was :

-boot from usb with install flash

-clover settings, INJECT ATI

-boot to EX HDD with Mojave

PLuS3Uy"><a href=https://imgur.com/a/PLuS3Uy' alt='IMGUR>'>

I contacted MaLd0n and he sent me a DSDT, which didn't do much. Im thinking the only way I can effectively get to boot from outside of the Flashed USB is to Flash the harddrive, then move the installed files onto the harddrive! I need to get some work done now and I won't be able to do it until later.

I have successfully installed Mojave on the SSD using the flashed usb.

Some difficulties getting it all to work, for some reason its not working exactly like the EX HDD. Audio not working and there seems to be a problem with the VoodooHDA driver.

Funnily enough when I boot the first time it will get stuck with the following kexts : iohdacodecfunction,apple apfs, apple mickeyhidriver. THEN I WILL SHUTDOWN BY HOLDING POWER, and it will magically boot without problems, safe mode perhaps?

From prior Problems :

- Require USB to boot into OS X [solved]

- OS X is still on EX HDD [solved]

- Want multiboot W10 and Linux [solved]

- Have new graphic card I still need to install with a new PSU [will order]

- Audio/GPU drivers needed [AUDIO not working /// GPU shows up but doesn't run video or show in geekbench]

- Bluetooth not displayed in System Preferences

Im not too bothered about the GPU for now as I plan to use a card I know is supported for sure. The only issue currently is the weird boot behaviour, audio and bluetooth.

Got the VEGA 56 Working and the computer is running perfectly!

CPU https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/13227913

GPU https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/compute/4069342

Unigine Heaven Benchmark 4.0

FPS:

Score:

Min FPS:

Max FPS:

Render:

OpenGL

Mode:

1600x900 8xAA windowed

Preset

Extreme

Can post more info if anybody is interested but yeah this thing is a beast, although not really comparable to the newer Macs. It runs 4k and edits it super smoothly however so that's really the main thing. Having gotten the Vega I'm considering installing some games on the windows boot which might be fun accessing it from parallels as the server CPU will be able to handle it no problem.

• Administrators

Very Nice!!! :cap

-Donations-

PayPal HERE - Stripe HERE - Ko-Fi HERE - BuyMeaCoffee HERE - Mercado Livre HERE

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3 - BNB 0x10D1d656eCa00bD521f9b4A43B83098B8142e115 - USDT BSC BEP20 0xb57cfdfa371fad1981910f0e8332409ab99f74d9 - USDT TRC20 TUR6Z9AVS4AYzqPnULoHrfFvppRbhXmNbZ - KASPA kaspa:qpxzufgfj8p6r0krg58yzvs0009h2mwqgvcawa0xc2pth7sgzpv56j4f6dtvk - PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

Premium Users HERE - Problems with Paypal HERE

xcd5u2Y.png

New ways to earn money with Linkvertise HERE

Can post more info if anybody is interested but yeah this thing is a beast, although not really comparable to the newer Macs. It runs 4k and edits it super smoothly however so that's really the main thing. Having gotten the Vega I'm considering installing some games on the windows boot which might be fun accessing it from parallels as the server CPU will be able to handle it no problem.

Hi , had a working set up but after repairing permissions in Mojave I have boot error …."couldn't allocate runtime area"

Can you upload your bios settings , clover config , kexts added ……

which aptio fix solution works for you ?