broadw3ll

Help with patches for Asus ROG Srtix GL503vm-ed251t

Now i made the HDMI audio work, the speakers sounds nice its thing of time to check the performance... I use this kext and patch with VOODOOHDA

I'm gonna attempt to generate my power management with this guide:(https://www.tonycrapx86.com/threads/quick-guide-to-generate-a-ssdt-for-cpu-power-management.177456/) (https://github.com/acidanthera/CPUFriend/blob/master/Instructions.md) because of the things that MaLd0n suggested SSDT with Pike Script and generate data with CpuFriend script, add in Pike Ssdt with _DSM" actually it is kind of messy

UPDATE:I check with a few songs and probably its sound thing of nothing better the apple alc but Im having problems with my jack 3.5mm output so I will use the voodoo one unless someone suggested me something better.

HDMIAudio.kext_.zip

SSDT-HDMI-NVIDIA-PEG0.aml_.zip

hello I have checked this guide: (https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh) but my processor its unknown by the generator as is showed in the output of terminal in the screenshot I'm gonna attach the intel info.kext output and the missing data of the generator in termina....if it can help in something... :guitar

https://ark.intel.com/products/97185/Intel-Core-i7-7700HQ-Processor-6M-Cache-up-to-3-80-GHz-

AppleIntelInfo output.rtf

procesor data 7700hq.docx

1175267542_ScreenShot2019-01-01at6_16_52PM.thumb.png.59010136a070e62e08b914a9bc38c827.png

Edited by Guest

[ref]broadw3ll[/ref], Congrats of your success to activate your HDMI audio! Which gives me the idea that maybe.. just maybe if you switch to the old graphics driver NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext instead of Whatevergreen.kext, you might be able to activate your brightness slider with the help of Applebacklightfixup.kext. Try it!

- https://github.com/lvs1974/NvidiaGraphicsFixup/releases

- https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/applebacklightfixup

As for poor laptop sound, if you are using AppleALC.kext you might want to explore other layout id available for your ALC295 codec.

Check out the other available layout-id

- https://github.com/acidanthera/AppleALC/tree/master/Resources/ALC295

Donate

Gitter Chat

Acer Aspire V15 Nitro- Black Edition VN7-592G/HM170 Chipset

Intel i7-6700HQ, 8GB RAM (UEFI Clover Catalina)

MSI B360 Gaming Arctic

Intel i5-8600 16GB RAM Asus Radeon RX580 8GB (UEFI Clover Catalina)

Hello onemanosx that trident change nothing I have check all the comments of the guide that I attach and there someone who says the brightness work in his case doing this:

fix XOSI

add device PNLF

rename GFX0 to _GFX both DSDT and SSDTs

rename PEGP to GFX0 both DSDT and SSDTs

add device (HDAU) under PEG0

return (one) under device (EDP1)

I remember and the pnlf device its add as u did and also the other things as I guess but it seems that also I don t have ssdt because I can't generated the power management one because my processor its unsupported as I mentioned in my last post the, only ssdt that I'm using is this one SDT-XOSI.aml from here (https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/323010-please-help-me-fix-brightness-control-nvidia-graphics-only-laptop/?page=8) from the commentary made by male_hxm

do u have any idea ?

thnx for all :guitar

[ref]broadw3ll[/ref], for later build like yours PM using plugin-type=1 in clover is suffice. I am using that clover patch with no problem.

SSDT-XOSI is a windows patch, where I believe, your DSDT is already equipped with.

Donate

Gitter Chat

MSI B360 Gaming Arctic

Your DSDT is already patched with windows 10 if i remember correctly. Unless you want to use other windows version for whatever reasons, you may do so. Check the ssdt osi file what windows version is it supposed to patch?

Edit: I had read in other laptop versions, patching with win8 OSI enabled trackpad for ELAN 1200.

Donate

Gitter Chat

MSI B360 Gaming Arctic

hello onemanosx I get stuck in the cpufriend guide because it says "NOTE:

The created kext/ssdt is located in the current working directory.

--file should be a complete plist from--/System/Library/Extensions/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext/Contents/Resources or /System/Library/Extensions/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/X86PlatformPlugin.kext/Contents/Resources with certain modifications (Otherwise why do you even need CPUFriend?) instead of something like a raw FrequencyVectors entry."

in my case is System/Library/Extensions/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/X86PlatformPlugin.kext/Contents/Resources but...

which one of all of them is a "complete plist" I have managed to use the Pike Script with the beta one but y need to now generate the other one to merge them but I'm having problem with that "file"

[ref]broadw3ll[/ref], I am not yet familiar with CPU friend. Do you have any write up on how to configure it? The only thing I can vaguely remember is to change the kexts's info.plist CPU core count to match your system.

Donate

Gitter Chat

MSI B360 Gaming Arctic

@onemanosx hi pal Im still facing problems with the brightness... now in the same post some dudes are saying that it works (even in a very similar model as I have gl502vm) one guy gives me and idea... actually he didnt fixed it, but it sounds reasonable.

he post that he manage to make the display get recognized as internal.

in my case I have search in ioreg and it seems to be showed as an external display.

Do u have any idea ?

685276903_ScreenShot2019-01-13at7_12_57PM.thumb.png.48db4917d6727b4e42714c1af3588b00.png

Send me Luis-MacBook-Pro.zip

I might be able to help you with your brightness issue since I had been working on my old laptop with an nvidia gpu. I simply added pnlf device at my igpu device. Thats all. Sorry I cant help you further with details as I am not on my hack right now.

FB_IMG_1547439067429.thumb.jpg.a4b61bec002d338f67d7b6f74c0bbec8.jpg

Donate

Gitter Chat

MSI B360 Gaming Arctic

that's what i have read in this post (https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/310180-internal-lcd-does-not-recognize-properly/)

"Check and post the IOReg info for device PNLF; it's for the built-in screen and specifies the display type you have. Its settings can be adjusted in DSDT. Or better, post your whole IOReg saved output + DSDT files. This is what I have in my E6440's DSDT and you'll clearly see the "backlight" _CID value. It may well be that you're simply missing that DSDT parameter:

Device (PNLF)

{

Name (_ADR, Zero) // _ADR: Address

Name (_HID, EisaId ("APP0002")) // _HID: Hardware ID

Name (_CID, "backlight") // _CID: Compatible ID

Name (_UID, 0x0F) // _UID: Unique ID

Name (_STA, 0x0B) // _STA: Status"

but the problem is where do i apply that ? in what part of the DSDT is the IGPU device parameter

im gonna try to do that the other option that i have read in the same post its try to inject display characteristics

Update me of your progress :guitar

I think your nvidia lies at scope PEG0 @00010000 ;)

Edit: Your ssdt should be accompanied with CPUFriend.kext

Donate

Gitter Chat

MSI B360 Gaming Arctic

[ref]broadw3ll[/ref], first patch did not work.

Working on second patch.

DSDT.aml.zip

DSDT.aml 2.zip

Upload new ioreg file.

Donate

Gitter Chat

MSI B360 Gaming Arctic