AStopher

Installer freezes after loading kernel(?)

Hey,

I'm wanting to install macOS on my PC but the installer/Clover freezes just after "+++++++++++++++++"- the general Mojave guide (https://Olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=6743) says that "if you have a problem in ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ screen, use OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi instead AptioMemoryFix-64.efi" which I've done but it hasn't made a difference (not sure if I'm doing it correctly):

Gd9W8hdm.jpg

When this happens my USB devices turn off (LEDs on keyboard and mouse turn off) but never turn back on, it may be kernel-panicking but starting in verbose mode (which it does by default) doesn't show any information beyond what's in the photo above. I'm not new to hackintoshing (have been doing it since 2009-ish but this is the first time I'm trying to install macOS in a number of years and the old tricks like "cpus=1" don't seem to make a difference or no longer work).

My system should be compatible without much of a headache required to configure macOS for it (I know that every configuration is different, it's the nature of hackintoshes):

• CPU: Intel i7 7800x

• RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX (4x4GB modules)

• Motherboard: EVGA x299 Micro

• GPU: AMD Radeon RX 570

• Storage: 120GB WD Green SATA m.2 SSD (the intended install target for macOS), 500GB Seagate HDD

I've also tried the x299 Clover listed here (https://Olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6374) with no effect.

What is it/could it be about my system that macOS/Clover simply doesn't like?

I'll also note that with non-vanilla distributions (namely Niresh's) I encounter a similar issue (with Niresh's, it loads the HFS+ files, and then the screen goes black and freezes with no diagnostic info on-screen, again if I boot with verbose the same thing happens). I'm thinking that the two similar issues are likely caused by the same thing.

I've attached my entire CLOVER directory (and subdirectories, I also dumped the native ACPI files with F4 when in Clover's menu) if that could be of any assistance.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

CLOVER.zip

Edited by Guest

• Administrators

[ref]AStopher[/ref], use Olarila image and this clover folder

CLOVER.zip

-Donations-

PayPal HERE - Stripe HERE - Ko-Fi HERE - BuyMeaCoffee HERE - Mercado Livre HERE

Skrill [email protected]

BTC 1BDzsV4bw3DVCiffFAeNKsdEzqkPXNVrXR

ETH BSC BEP20 0xb57cfdfa371fad1981910f0e8332409ab99f74d9

BNB 0x10D1d656eCa00bD521f9b4A43B83098B8142e115

USDT BSC BEP20 0xb57cfdfa371fad1981910f0e8332409ab99f74d9

USDT TRC20 TUR6Z9AVS4AYzqPnULoHrfFvppRbhXmNbZ

PicPay @danielnmaldonado

PiX @[email protected]

Problems with Paypal HERE

xcd5u2Y.png

New ways to earn money with Linkvertise HERE

[ref]AStopher[/ref], use Olarila image and this clover folder

CLOVER.zip

Hi MaLd0n,

I deleted and replaced the Clover folder on my install USB with the one you attached to your post and got the same issue.

The image I'm using is Mojave 10.14.1 from the Olarilla Mojave download page here: https://Olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=6743

Am now downloading "Mojave FINAL" and will post here with the result (will copy over the Clover folder you provided too).

Cheers.

• Administrators

[ref]AStopher[/ref], Try with KernelCPU in config.plist

-Donations-

Skrill [email protected]

PicPay @danielnmaldonado

PiX @[email protected]

xcd5u2Y.png

[ref]AStopher[/ref], Try with KernelCPU in config.plist

That didn't work (same thing happens).

The fresh Mojave image has downloaded and my USB drive is being imaged, when done I'll replace its Clover folder with the one you provided and will see if it will boot.

It's odd, it's as if it's trying to initialise USB devices but fails- my motherboard only has USB 3.0 and one 3.1 port, and I've disconnected everything apart from the USB, mouse, and keyboard. I've had such an issue (failure initializing USB devices) before a few years ago but when that happened I had a full kernel panic telling me what happened (which I don't in this case).

Is it possible to make it log information to disk to help determine where the problem lies?

Hello,

I am a newbie for this installation and sorry for my bad English. Please explain how to use this section?

"if you have a problem in ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ screen, use OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi instead AptioMemoryFix-64.efi"

I download this files but where is put. I use Windows and dont view in my usb on my computer.

I download mojave and installed to usb with Etcher. Changed bios setting and boot usb. But still see +++++++ screen.

I have another windows pc. But need your helps. I put which file where in usb?

Thanks.

• Administrators

[ref]muhyal[/ref], u need mount partition EFI, check in google one tuto about it

-Donations-

Skrill [email protected]

PicPay @danielnmaldonado

PiX @[email protected]

xcd5u2Y.png

[ref]muhyal[/ref], u need mount partition EFI, check in google one tuto about it

Hi again and big thanks :)

I installed MiniTool Partition Wizard Free Edition and change efi section letter to :Z

Then installed explorer++ and now i see clover/ but still no idea for where do i put the which file (OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi ? AptioMemoryFix-64.efi ?).

http://prntscr.com/lkvcx4

I know and I understand. I don't want to keep you busy. Please give me one last help and make me switch to this world :meeting

• Administrators

Drivers64UEFI

-Donations-

Skrill [email protected]

PicPay @danielnmaldonado

PiX @[email protected]

xcd5u2Y.png

Hey,

I'm wanting to install macOS on my PC but the installer/Clover freezes just after "+++++++++++++++++"- the general Mojave guide (https://Olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=6743) says that "if you have a problem in ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ screen, use OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi instead AptioMemoryFix-64.efi" which I've done but it hasn't made a difference (not sure if I'm doing it correctly):

Gd9W8hdm.jpg

When this happens my USB devices turn off (LEDs on keyboard and mouse turn off) but never turn back on, it may be kernel-panicking but starting in verbose mode (which it does by default) doesn't show any information beyond what's in the photo above. I'm not new to hackintoshing (have been doing it since 2009-ish but this is the first time I'm trying to install macOS in a number of years and the old tricks like "cpus=1" don't seem to make a difference or no longer work).

My system should be compatible without much of a headache required to configure macOS for it (I know that every configuration is different, it's the nature of hackintoshes):

• CPU: Intel i7 7800x

• RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX (4x4GB modules)

• Motherboard: EVGA x299 Micro

• GPU: AMD Radeon RX 570

• Storage: 120GB WD Green SATA m.2 SSD (the intended install target for macOS), 500GB Seagate HDD

I've also tried the x299 Clover listed here (https://Olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6374) with no effect.

What is it/could it be about my system that macOS/Clover simply doesn't like?

I'll also note that with non-vanilla distributions (namely Niresh's) I encounter a similar issue (with Niresh's, it loads the HFS+ files, and then the screen goes black and freezes with no diagnostic info on-screen, again if I boot with verbose the same thing happens). I'm thinking that the two similar issues are likely caused by the same thing.

I've attached my entire CLOVER directory (and subdirectories, I also dumped the native ACPI files with F4 when in Clover's menu) if that could be of any assistance.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Hey did you get anywhere with this? I’ve been stuck with the same error. I’ve tried all the variants of the memory fix and even different ram and motherboard. Anyone have any clues how to get past this?!

Hey did you get anywhere with this? I’ve been stuck with the same error. I’ve tried all the variants of the memory fix and even different ram and motherboard. Anyone have any clues how to get past this?!

I didn't unfortunately since I had to sell the system and downgrade to a Core 2 Quad system (which runs High Sierra flawlessly with everything working, even sleep and restarting works properly).