oldnapalm

DSDT Auto-Patcher (app only)

You can't use Auto-Patcher if there isn't a patch for your laptop, use DSDT Editor instead.

Read this http://Olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=634

-Donations-

PayPal HERE - Stripe HERE - BuyMeaCoffee HERE - Mercado Livre HERE

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3

PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

Premium Users HERE - Problems with Paypal HERE

xcd5u2Y.png

If by "help" you mean do it for you, you are right, I cannot help.

If you wanna try doing it yourself and ask specific questions, I can try to answer.

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png

I found this

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=133683&view=findpost&p=1235986

In fact de Intel ASL assembler, and the Microsoft one, not properly disassemble the ToUUID fonction.

You get :

If (LEqual (Arg0, Z012))
                {
                    "33DB4D5B-1FF7-401C-9657-7441C03DD766"

instead of :

If(LEqual(Arg0,ToUUID("33DB4D5B-1FF7-401C-9657-7441C03DD766")))
{

So the fix would be

Method (_OSC, 4, NotSerialized)
           {
               If (LEqual (Arg0, ToUUID("33DB4D5B-1FF7-401C-9657-7441C03DD766")))
               {
                   CreateDWordField (Arg3, 0x00, CDW1)
                   CreateDWordField (Arg3, 0x04, CDW2)
                   CreateDWordField (Arg3, 0x08, CDW3)

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png

Just click on the error in the compile window and edit the text.

Or apply this patch

into method label _OSC code_regex If\s\(LEqual\s\(Arg0,\sZ012\)\)\n\s*\{\n\s*"33DB4D5B-1FF7-401C-9657-7441C03DD766" replace_matched
begin
If (LEqual (Arg0, ToUUID("33DB4D5B-1FF7-401C-9657-7441C03DD766")))\n
               {
end

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png

In things DSDT I am a total beginner.

My goal is to Install Lion on a Dell 1500.

To do that I think I need to get a good DSDT.

I have EXTRACTED a base DSDT from my DELL 1500 using DSDTE [Windows]. I have this base DSDT. I previously had Win 7 on the Dell. I no longer have Win on the Dell, but I think I could use a Live version of Ubuntu and a DSDT editor that works with Linux if I had to extract another DSDT.

I found out that an earlier version of the auto-patching tool[Ver 0.6 I think] had a patch for the Dell 1500. When I ran that earlier version of the auto-patcher I got an error & it aborted. The error was something like "BUF0 could not be found".

I found that there is a more recent version of Auto-Patcher, Version 0.7 Sept 24 2011 but this version doesn't seem to have built-in Patches.

I found patches used with the earlier auto-patch utilty. The one for the 1500 is missing but there are other Dell patches that should be close. EDIT I need to see if I can run these other Dell Vostro 15?? Patch with the new Auto-patch tool without aborting as before.

Separately on the net, I have found a file that is supposed to be a Dell 1500 DSDT patch. When I tried it, It exits with the same error as happened using the older auto-patcher [bUF0 not found]

Q: Is there away for a DSDT beginner/non-programmer to fix the BUF0 error to get a DSDT that complies?

Q: Am I approaching this incorrectly? Should I apply the patches here [for my motherboard type] to my base 1500 DSDT?

Q: If I start with my base 1500 DSDT, how do I decide which patches to apply. I have had AppleACPIPlatform Kernel Panics and Frozen Keyboard problems among others.

Q: How do I deal with the fact that there are several different hardware configurations for the Dell 1500 so that the patches I have found could be for a much different flavor of Dell 1500.

Mine has T5470 CPU, Broadcom 440 10/100 Lan,Dell 1390 wireless,and nVidia 8400 video.

GA-P55a-UD3 V2, intel i5-650, 8GB OCZ3G1333LV2G DDR3 memory, Radeon MSI-r5770, OCZ 700w PSU, OSX 10.7.4 on 1TB HDD, Dell DELL U2311H via DVI.

Trying to install 10.8 on OCZ Agility 3-240GB SSD using same setup

You can use the patch for other similar laptop as a start, but you need to understand why each patch is applied and check if you really need it. Read this http://Olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=634

About the BUF0 error, you have to fix the return of method _CRS, change BUF0 by the name of the ResourceTemplate right above.

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png

You can use the patch for other similar laptop as a start, but you need to understand why each patch is applied and check if you really need it. Read this http://Olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=634

About the BUF0 error, you have to fix the return of method _CRS, change BUF0 by the name of the ResourceTemplate right above.

Thank you very much for the fast reply. I still am mystified where I can find out which patches such as, HPET, DTGP, DSM, EHCI etc. I use for which problems. Is there a Post somewhere that explains that? I think the most important patches I need to understand are those associated with power management, Ones that cause {I THINK} Kernel Panics pointing to AppleACPIPlatform. The post that you pointed me to had some of the problem to patch matching but there are so many other patches that are provided with the tools that I have no idea what those patches can fix.

In respect to fixing the problem in a DSDT that caused a unrecoverable error when I am trying to patch a DSDT, I am don't understand how to make the change you suggested.

There isn't any BUF0 string in the baseline/original DSDT that I submitted to the Patcher . The only place I saw "BUF0" was in the Patcher's error message. Was the Patcher telling me it was looking for BUF0? The DSDT editor's parser or compiler told me the error was OBJECT BUF0 DOESN'T EXIST at line #1416.

Here is an partial extract of the DSDT that I think includes the areas where I was supposed to make a correction:

The Line 1416 is within a section that looks like this:

Device (PIC)
{ 
	Name (_HID, Eisaid ("PNP0000"))
	Name (CRS, Resource Template ()
		{
			IO (Decode 16,	[i]THERE ARE 14 of these
						IO(Decode sections.[/i]
		                  )
	}}		
	Method (_CRS, 0, NotSerialized)
	{	
		{
			Return (CRS)
		}
	}}
[i]THIS IS FOLLOWED BY SECTION CALLED DEVICE (MAD)[/i]

GA-P55a-UD3 V2, intel i5-650, 8GB OCZ3G1333LV2G DDR3 memory, Radeon MSI-r5770, OCZ 700w PSU, OSX 10.7.4 on 1TB HDD, Dell DELL U2311H via DVI.

When you get a compilation error, click on it and the cursor will jump to that line in the editor. If you got that error after applying patches, the line number won't match in original DSDT.

I posted a link in my previous reply, read after the video.

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png

Thanks for trying to explain this to me. Yes, I have tried to understand how to apply the Instructions printed after your video. I'll keep trying to figure it out, but honestly still mystified.

A Separate Question about the same DSDT.aml subject:

If I am going to do a fresh install of OSX, such as Lion and the guide calls for the availability of the DSDT.aml for the target hardware, if I do not have a pre-patched DSDT.aml for my hardware, do I use an unpatched original DSDT.aml for the install? Then do I decide which patches to apply AFTER I get my first Kernel Panic?

Or do I apply 1 or more common PATCHES to my original unpatched DSDT.aml in hopes that I will avoid a Kernel Panic?

Using an unpatched dsdt.aml makes no difference, if the bootloader doesn't find that file, it will get DSDT from BIOS.

You can use the kext NullCPUPowerManagement during install, it avoids the most common kernel panics. After installing and tuning the system and DSDT, you can remove the kext. The only case I have seen where patched DSDT is needed during installation is when trying to install via USB and the USB ports have issues.

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png

When you get a compilation error, click on it and the cursor will jump to that line in the editor. If you got that error after applying patches, the line number won't match in original DSDT.

I posted a link in my previous reply, read after the video.

I have a notebook Asus K53sv, but it not show in your list. Please help me patch DSDT for Asus k53sv.

http://www.mediafire.com/?vccdvj0jlfbbu10