Alex_F3r

Grey Screen when trying to boot into recovery mode to install MacOs Monterey

So, as the title says, i get a grey screen with only the cursor showing (and i can move it), when i try to install MacOs Monterey, it is my first time but i spent one night doing all kind of stuff the i found on the internet. So idk what i should attach here so someone can help. I'll attach my EFI folder. Edit -(So, I attached the EFI folder without the kexts cuz its too large, here's a screenshot of my Kextts Folder:  https://imgur.com/fYnFxEw)

I should add that i followed this: Laptop Haswell | OpenCore Install Guide (dortania.github.io)

What i've tried:

• Setting prev-lang:kbd to Data and leave value in blank <>  ;
  • Same as above but with String and en-US:0 ;
  • Also tried what someone posted: 

SET BELOW IN CONFIG.PLIST

1. SecureBootModel => Disabled 
2. csr-active-config => 67000000
4. DngLoading => Signed
5. always set iMacPro1,1 in config.plist 
6. prev-lang:kbd => en:US:0 "

• Using the boot-args -wegnoegpu -igfxvesa

My Laptop Specs and model:

Toshiba Satellie L50-A-1FQ

i7-4700MQ

GT 740M

6Gb RAM

Sata 512Gb SSD

HDD 1Tb

So, it's my first time as i said, so i'm a noob, any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

https://imgur.com/fYnFxEw EFI.zip

Edited by Alex_F3r

• Administrators

test this efi folder

https://www.transfernow.net/dl/202310109LpTnGLt

Reset nvram one time on boot picker

-Bios/UEFI in full default settings(Just change CSM to Disable and Sata to Ahci)
-Delete old EFI folder and paste new. Don't use merge files
-Don't use Drag and Drop into EFI partition. Use Copy/Paste instead
-Reset NVRAM one time - with OpenCore use entry "Reset Nvram" / with Clover use F11 key on boot screen

-Donations-

PayPal HERE - Stripe HERE - Ko-Fi HERE - BuyMeaCoffee HERE - Mercado Livre HERE

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3 - BNB 0x10D1d656eCa00bD521f9b4A43B83098B8142e115 - USDT BSC BEP20 0xb57cfdfa371fad1981910f0e8332409ab99f74d9 - USDT TRC20 TUR6Z9AVS4AYzqPnULoHrfFvppRbhXmNbZ - KASPA kaspa:qpxzufgfj8p6r0krg58yzvs0009h2mwqgvcawa0xc2pth7sgzpv56j4f6dtvk - PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

Premium Users HERE - Problems with Paypal HERE

xcd5u2Y.png

New ways to earn money with Linkvertise HERE

On 10/10/2023 at 10:52 PM, MaLd0n said:

test this efi folder

https://www.transfernow.net/dl/202310109LpTnGLt

Reset nvram one time on boot picker

-Bios/UEFI in full default settings(Just change CSM to Disable and Sata to Ahci)
-Delete old EFI folder and paste new. Don't use merge files
-Don't use Drag and Drop into EFI partition. Use Copy/Paste instead
-Reset NVRAM one time - with OpenCore use entry "Reset Nvram" / with Clover use F11 key on boot screen

Should I reset NVRAM before trying to boot?

Edited by Alex_F3r

• Administrators

After every change

-Donations-

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3 - BNB 0x10D1d656eCa00bD521f9b4A43B83098B8142e115 - USDT BSC BEP20 0xb57cfdfa371fad1981910f0e8332409ab99f74d9 - USDT TRC20 TUR6Z9AVS4AYzqPnULoHrfFvppRbhXmNbZ - KASPA kaspa:qpxzufgfj8p6r0krg58yzvs0009h2mwqgvcawa0xc2pth7sgzpv56j4f6dtvk - PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

xcd5u2Y.png

So, i put this EFI folder in the usb dive, copying the folder and not drag and dropping, and then reset BIOS to defaults, i dont know how to put sata into AHCI because i have no option for sata mode in bios and by deafult bios is at UEFI mode, so CSM is disabld, then boot to usb drive, reset nvram, reboot to usb drive and try to boot into recovery?
I already thank you very much for the help.

So I tried as I said and it hangs at HID: Legacy shim 2

orwzHQI.jpg

Edited by Alex_F3r

• Administrators

Some notebook have a hide bios options and we can change some options after enable it.

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png

On 10/11/2023 at 2:10 AM, Alex_F3r said:

So, as the title says, i get a grey screen with only the cursor showing (and i can move it), when i try to install MacOs Monterey, it is my first time but i spent one night doing all kind of stuff the i found on the internet. So idk what i should attach here so someone can help. I'll attach my EFI folder. Edit -(So, I attached the EFI folder without the kexts cuz its too large, here's a screenshot of my Kextts Folder:  https://imgur.com/fYnFxEw)

I should add that i followed this: Laptop Haswell | OpenCore Install Guide (dortania.github.io)

What i've tried:

• Setting prev-lang:kbd to Data and leave value in blank <>  ;
  • Same as above but with String and en-US:0 ;
  • Also tried what someone posted: 

SET BELOW IN CONFIG.PLIST

1. SecureBootModel => Disabled 
2. csr-active-config => 67000000
4. DngLoading => Signed
5. always set iMacPro1,1 in config.plist 
6. prev-lang:kbd => en:US:0 "

• Using the boot-args -wegnoegpu -igfxvesa

My Laptop Specs and model:

Toshiba Satellie L50-A-1FQ

i7-4700MQ

GT 740M

6Gb RAM

Sata 512Gb SSD

HDD 1Tb

getaway shootout

So, it's my first time as i said, so i'm a noob, any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

https://imgur.com/fYnFxEw  EFI.zip 707.77 kB · 2 downloads

This issue can be caused by various factors, including graphics driver compatibility, kext conflicts, or improper configuration.

Tere are some troubleshooting steps you can try:

Graphics Driver Compatibility:

Boot Arguments: Try using the -wegnoegpu boot argument to disable the NVIDIA GeForce 740M graphics card and rely on the integrated Intel graphics. This will help isolate any issues related to the NVIDIA drivers.
Kext Conflicts:

Kext Loading: Ensure that you're only loading the necessary kexts for your hardware. Remove any unnecessary or incompatible kexts from your EFI folder.
Configuration Issues:

Secure Boot: Check if Secure Boot is disabled in your BIOS settings. Secure Boot can interfere with the installation process.

CSR Active Config: Set the csr-active-config property to 0x67000000 in your config.plist file.

DngLoading: Set the DngLoading property to Signed in your config.plist file.

Platform ID: Ensure that the PlatformID property is set to iMacPro1,1 in your config.plist file.

Keyboard Layout: Set the prev-lang:kbd property to en:US:0 in your config.plist file.

Edited by Britney Rickman