ztc

Ventura sleep+wake and brightness not working on Dell Inspiron 5559 i5 6200u Skylake

Hello. sleep and wake isn't working on my macOS Ventura

my laptop specs:

dell inspiron 5559 laptop 

i5 6200u skylake

Intel HD 520 graphics 

i can't adjust brightness as well.

also note: my "About this mac" does show:  Intel HD Graphics 520 1536 MB

I would like to attach my efi folder as well but its above the file limit of 2.93mb

by the way, other things are working such as wifi, mic. i used some kext for those

oh and bluetooth is not really working either

5 minutes ago, ztc said:

Hello. sleep and wake isn't working on my macOS Ventura

my laptop specs:

dell inspiron 5559 laptop 

i5 6200u skylake

Intel HD 520 graphics 

i can't adjust brightness as well.

also note: my "About this mac" does show:  Intel HD Graphics 520 1536 MB

I would like to attach my efi folder as well but its above the file limit of 2.93mb

by the way, other things are working such as wifi, mic. i used some kext for those

oh and bluetooth is not really working either

also there's dead zones on my touchpad's sides like on top, left, right, bottom side.

for example, on top and bottom part of my touchpad i can only swipe left and right, not up and down

on the left and right part of my touchpad, i can only swipe up and down, not left and right

the middle region of touchpad works normally. however its not much responsive and quality isn't that good.

its a synaptic touchpad and all features work in windows, 3 finger swipe etc and really responsive.

But in Ventura it's giving me this issue of deadzones on the sides. any kexts or dsdt or something that can solve this?

• Administrators

Kill _prw and check if solve problem with sleep

-Donations-

PayPal HERE - Stripe HERE - Ko-Fi HERE - BuyMeaCoffee HERE - Mercado Livre HERE

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3 - BNB 0x10D1d656eCa00bD521f9b4A43B83098B8142e115 - USDT BSC BEP20 0xb57cfdfa371fad1981910f0e8332409ab99f74d9 - USDT TRC20 TUR6Z9AVS4AYzqPnULoHrfFvppRbhXmNbZ - KASPA kaspa:qpxzufgfj8p6r0krg58yzvs0009h2mwqgvcawa0xc2pth7sgzpv56j4f6dtvk - PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

Premium Users HERE - Problems with Paypal HERE

xcd5u2Y.png

New ways to earn money with Linkvertise HERE

Untitled.zipI've attached the image below. 

I didn't quite understand how to kill _prw but I added this patch in opencore acpi which you can see in the image..

Now after doing that, my laptop doesn't go to sleep at all, basically I can close the lid and the screen will still be on.

Is there a way to make sleep work?

P.s.: i do have a dedicated amd radeon r5 m335 so I wonder if that's causing the issue (that it shows blank greyish screen after boot from sleep)

Any help will be appreciated. Also would like if you could help fix my touchpad issues (the sides work weird, middle area is fine) (its as if touchpad sides are acting 'sort of' like deadzones)

• Administrators

Disable amd card, test with -wegnoegpu bootarg

-Donations-

PayPal HERE - Stripe HERE - Ko-Fi HERE - BuyMeaCoffee HERE - Mercado Livre HERE

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3 - BNB 0x10D1d656eCa00bD521f9b4A43B83098B8142e115 - USDT BSC BEP20 0xb57cfdfa371fad1981910f0e8332409ab99f74d9 - USDT TRC20 TUR6Z9AVS4AYzqPnULoHrfFvppRbhXmNbZ - KASPA kaspa:qpxzufgfj8p6r0krg58yzvs0009h2mwqgvcawa0xc2pth7sgzpv56j4f6dtvk - PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

Premium Users HERE - Problems with Paypal HERE

xcd5u2Y.png

New ways to earn money with Linkvertise HERE

Wow thank you so much man it works beautifully. Now I am finally able to put my laptop to sleep. Thanks!
Now my brightness slider is also fixed!!!

Thanks. I appreciate it a lot!

Also would like it if you can somehow help fix my touchpad because the middle area works ok. But the sides (up, down, left, right) region of my touchpad is only working in 2 directions and not normal. Perhaps you know of any kext or something or patch maybe that can fix this?