T Turbo

Power unplug system freeze - HP Elitebook 850 G7 - i5-10210U - Intel UHD 620 - BCM94630NG - big THNX 2 Olarila!

Hello everyone and first things first:

Big thanx to the Olarila Team and community for your guides, help and work! (Donation will follow - what is the average amount? :-> )

I am fairly new to the hackintosh scene - i read a lot of threads here and also on other sites... some things are clearer now... but much more to learn for me ;-)

So lets come to my troubles:

My system is a
HP Elitebook 850 G7 
i5 10210U
Intel UHD620
I replaced the standard WiFi Intel Ax201 (possible CNVi...) with a BCM94360NG card

I used everything from Olarila - Ventura Installer, EFI folder and tools...

The installation went really smoothly without any troubles (just the very loooong "finished in less than a minute")
I went on with USB mapping and checked for everything else.
The Trackpad did not work at all so i was forced to install the VoodooRMI kexts - this finally did the trick.
Also the Broadcom Card was working well - which was not so in another try before, when i replaced the original build in Intel card.

After all i wanted to sit back on my sofa and use my new hackintosh ;-) so i disconnected the power plug from the notebook and...
the system freezed immediately - and i was not able to fix this until now :-( (took me 3 nights, a lot of coffee and beer ;-) )
Nothing to find in any log. Same behavior when i reboot without the power plugged in. The login screen appears, but its freezed...
no mouse, keyboard, trackpad, USB mouse/keyboard entries possible... 
So i may ask here for help please :-) because when it comes to DSDT/SSDT i feel lost in the (hackintosh)universe...

I uploaded the output of RunMe.app here 

Edited by T Turbo

• Administrators

-Donations-

PayPal HERE - Stripe HERE - Ko-Fi HERE - BuyMeaCoffee HERE - Mercado Livre HERE

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3 - BNB 0x10D1d656eCa00bD521f9b4A43B83098B8142e115 - USDT BSC BEP20 0xb57cfdfa371fad1981910f0e8332409ab99f74d9 - USDT TRC20 TUR6Z9AVS4AYzqPnULoHrfFvppRbhXmNbZ - KASPA kaspa:qpxzufgfj8p6r0krg58yzvs0009h2mwqgvcawa0xc2pth7sgzpv56j4f6dtvk - PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

Premium Users HERE - Problems with Paypal HERE

xcd5u2Y.png

New ways to earn money with Linkvertise HERE

hi, thnx for this try

- the trackpad is working, just the left and right buttons do not, all gestures are working
- some USB ports are missing, i injected my USB kext 
- booting without power plugged in - freeze on login screen
- booting with plugged power - no freeze, when i take out the power cable it freezes 

question: i can/have to use my SMBios data - or?

question2: or is it possible that this freezing has something to do with changed power/sleep/hibernate settings i did because sleep mode did not work? I can not post a screen shot here, can i?

Edit: I just exchanged the BCM94360NG with the original Intel AX201 (and kexts) and everything seems to work ok with or without power plugged in (except trackpad without voodooRMI), so i think its the BCM card causing the freezings...

Edit2: If i switch off WiFi (the BCM card) on the menu bar, i can unplug the power cable and enable WiFi again after i reconnected the power plug :-?

Edited by T Turbo

Solution:

HP Notebook/s seem to change the ASPM settings of PCIe devices - so i just had to disable the ASPM settings of the BCM94360NG card - and plugging in and out the power cable works now as expected.

Add the device in OC DeviceProperties and add key "pci-aspm-default" as NUMBER value with 0 (0=disable, 1=L0,2=L1,3=L0+L1)