pernacabeluda

Yosemite installation via pen drive with Clover

Download Yosemite from App Store

http://www.apple.com/osx/

Run this command in terminal to copy installation files to pen drive

sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/[color=#FF0000]"pen drive name"[/color] --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite.app --nointeraction

If you are already using Clover, the following steps are not necessary, just copy the basic kexts to kexts/10.10 and boot the installer with injected kexts (pressing the space bar)

Install Clover in the pen drive

http://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/files/Installer/

To use Install for UEFI motherboards the pen drive must be partitioned as GUID and depending on BIOS you may need the driver OsxLowMemFix (Insyde H2O), EmuVariableUefi (Phoenix UEFI) or OsxAptioFixDrv (all others)

To use legacy boot select Install boot0af in MBR under Bootloader and for some BIOS the pen drive must be partitioned as MBR

Select a theme

Copy the basic kexts to EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10

http://Olarila.com/files/10.8/HWSensors/FakeSMC.kext.zip

http://Olarila.com/files/10.6/PM/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext.zip

http://Olarila.com/files/10.8/PS2/PS2_Voodoo.zip (only for laptops or if you use PS/2 keyboard and mouse)

Edit the file EFI/CLOVER/config.plist with these basic settings

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

Boot

Arguments
-v npci=0x2000 kext-dev-mode=1

GUI

Theme
[color=#FF0000]name of the theme you selected[/color]

SystemParameters

InjectKexts

Boot from the pen drive and proceed with the installation

When the installation restarts, boot from the installer again to finish the installation

After the installation restarts for the second time, the HD partition will show in Clover menu

Post install

http://Olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1716

-Donations-

PayPal HERE - Stripe HERE - BuyMeaCoffee HERE - Mercado Livre HERE

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3

PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

Premium Users HERE - Problems with Paypal HERE

xcd5u2Y.png

Enable USB ownership fix in Clover options menu.

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png

I tried with move graphics kext also. Still not loading installer . But when I boot with chemelon by pressing 1 , then installer come but stop loading installer after little time.

Note: i installed Previous veroin of Mac from Olarila successfully. But why I can't install 10.10.?

Please help me

This method doesn't work with Chameleon.

You must use this to be able to use Chameleon

http://Olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=4632

If you are using the raw image please post here

http://Olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4784

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png

I have downloaded the Olarila image for Yosemite from TPB, and used win32diskimager to copy it onto a USB pendrive. Clover starts up correctly, but no matter what options I choose, I cannot get to the OSX installer. After the "missing bluetooth controller" message appears, there is a small delay, and then the system hangs. I get a circle with a line in the center of the screen, and all the text appears weird. There is also a message "still waiting for root device".

Note that I have to disable graphics injection all the time, otherwise all I get is a black screen.

My laptop is a dell inspiron 5420, corei7-3612QM, Intel hd4000, Nvidia GT-630M, 12 gb RAM. Bios is dell A19.

I have also tried with the graphics kexts deleted from the pendrive. But no matter what I do, the result is the same - the system hangs after the message "Still waiting for root device."

Can somebody help me?

Try to enable USB ownership fix in Clover options menu.

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png

Try with Chameleon, boot legacy and press 1.

Did you try other USB ports?

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png

Try with Chameleon, boot legacy and press 1.

Did you try other USB ports?

Yes, I tried the other USB ports. By the way, I only have USB 3.0 ports - could that be an issue?

I tried Chameleon as you suggested, but the result is the same - stuck at "Still waiting for root device."

The installer includes GenericUSBXHCI driver, so it should work.

If your chipset is Intel Series 7/Panther Point, try to add -gux_defer_usb2 or -gux_no_idle (or both) in boot-args.

Also check if you have any option to configure USB ports in BIOS setup.

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png

The installer includes GenericUSBXHCI driver, so it should work.

If your chipset is Intel Series 7/Panther Point, try to add -gux_defer_usb2 or -gux_no_idle (or both) in boot-args.

Also check if you have any option to configure USB ports in BIOS setup.

Oh wow, that worked. Yes, I do have a series 7 chipset. What do those two args do?

I was able to enter setup, but now I have another issue. My hard disk was already partitioned by Windows, and I had left 15gb of free space to install OSX. But disk utility cannot format that partition - I get the error "Mediakit reports not enough free space on device". Could this be because the disk was already partitioned with Windows?

(It is partitioned as GUID, the first three partitions are used by Windows, a fourth partition is for storing my data, and the 5th one is left free for OSX.)

I could repartition the whole disk using OSX, but the trouble I had earlier when I did that was that my Windows partition was not aligned properly, and as I understand, that can have a negative impact on the performance and life of an SSD drive.

^^

Actually, I went ahead and repartitioned the whole disk using OSX disk utility. I selected GUID partition table, and made one partition for OSX, and succesfully installed OSX in it.

But now, when I try to install Windows in another partition, Windows says that the disk is MBR, and cannot create any more partitions.

To be certain, I used disk utility again, and I am sure now that my hard disk is GPT. But windows setup tells me the same thing, that my disk is MBR.

It seems that I am unable to install OSX if the disk is partitioned using windows, and unable to install windows if the disk is partitioned using OSX. Can somebody help me out?

hello

take a good read here

http://Olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3405

good hack

Hmm, I think I realized my mistake from the first paragraph on that page. I was using disk utility to format all the partitions - and from what I understand, that causes disk utility to make the disk a hybrid one, not pure GPT. Now I followed the suggestion on that page and formatted all partitions as HFS+, and then immediately restarted into the windows bootloader. This time Windows was installed succesfully. Now I'm installing Yosemite on the first partition, and that is also going well.

I think the only remaining trouble would be installing clover with all the right options, to boot into either OS.

Thanks arthur-pt and pernacabeluda for the help!

I'm trying to get it running on on an intel i3 nuc and cannot get to the setup screen. im using the clover yosemite raw image from tpb written to a flash drive.

i have tried enabling usb ownership in clover boot options. when i select boot os x the machine reboots shortly after.

Edited by Guest

PB Easy Note TM 86 - i5 430 M - H55M - Ram - 6 GB - Alc272 - Radeon HD 5470 512 QE/CI

Lenovo G500 - i5 3230m - HM77 - Ram - 8 GB - Conexant audio - HD 4000

My OS X Files 

As I anticipated, I am having trouble with the bootloader. I can boot into Yosemite only if I boot from the USB pendrive with clover in it. From Yosemite, I installed clover as well as chimera (separately, one at a time) on the hard disk, but neither of them are detected at boot. The machine directly goes into Windows.

It may have something to do with which partition is set "active". As I understand, there is no way to specify active partition on a GPT disk. So how do I make the computer load clover, instead of Win bootloader?

If Windows is installed in UEFI mode you need to install Clover UEFI

Do not format EFI partition because is contains Windows files, just mount it.

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png

If Windows is installed in UEFI mode you need to install Clover UEFI

Do not format EFI partition because is contains Windows files, just mount it.

Hi,

The info on that page is confusing, and I am not sure which step to begin at. Here is my present state - the hard drive is pure GPT, and on one partition Win 8.1 is installed in UEFI mode, and in another partition, Yosemite has been installed. I used the image file from Olarila on piratebay to make the pendrive.

I can boot Yosemite from the pendrive. Following the instructions on that page you linked, I copied the EFI folder from pendrive to Yosemite partition on hard disk. I entered clover from USB stick, and the option I had was "Add all Clover options", not "Add clover UEFI options". Anyway I added all the clover options, so at bootup I get several legacy and UEFI options. Here is what I get when I boot:

1) If the pendrive is not in the USB port, when I select "Boot from UEFI Yosemite", it simply shows me the manufacturer logo of the laptop, and boots into Windows.

2) If I keep the USB stick plugged in and select the same option, it starts to boot, but encounters a kernel panic and restarts.

3) If I keep the USB stick plugged in and boot from the USB stick, then as before, I can get into Yosemite.

Obviously, I want to be able to boot into Yosemite or Windows without the pendrive. Please tell me if I have done something wrong.

Remove all Clover entries from BIOS. When you boot the USB to "Add as UEFI boot option", notice there are more than one "Clover Boot Options" button, but just one of them refers to your SATA HD (check by the identifier). Select "Add as UEFI boot option" only from that one.

Edit:

I copied the EFI folder from pendrive to Yosemite partition on hard disk.

Do not copy it to Yosemite partition, but to EFI partition. Mount it with commands from topic (mount only, do not newfs), there should be an EFI folder inside it, just copy CLOVER folder from pen drive to this folder.

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png

That worked. I used windows command prompt to mount the EFI partition, and copied the clover files into it. Now clover is starting automatically from hard drive.

How do I change the settings of clover? I mean, chameleon used to have a file where I can specify many options. I want to hide two data partitions on startup.

Also, graphics is not working for me. I moved all the intel hd kexts from s/l/e. (I would get a kernel panic if they were present and clover checked "add intel" option. I have an intel hd 4000 and an Nvidia GT 630M. Whichever card I choose in clover, once OSX loads, the system info says that I have only 4 mb of video ram. Is there a link on the site about getting either intel or nvidia to work with full acceleration?

Also, I am unable to shutdown properly - when I restart, it just gets stuck, and I have to force it off with th power button.

Any kexts available for broadcom wireless adapter?

These are the only three remaining issues for me.

Thanks in advance.