fallen00sniper

Microsoft Surface Pro 5 (1796) open core

I think it is fully complete, just need to get a usb wireless adapter working (archer t2u ac600).

Posting this so Maldon can take a look, maybe others. my efi is there also.

Hoping it's done, because it seems to run perfectly off my external drive, touchscreen and cover working great, dock 2 (oob).

Wish I could tap and drag with the touchpad, I don't have the pen.

Got the usb wifi working, finally found a updated kext chris1111 made, had to fix the installer, but it works.

running Monterey

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rgp27v2vjj4thqz/Send me Larrys-MacBook-Pro.zip?dl=0

Edited by fallen00sniper

• Administrators

EFI SURFACE KBL.zip

Save one ioreg with this efi folder

-Donations-

PayPal HERE - Stripe HERE - Ko-Fi HERE - BuyMeaCoffee HERE - Mercado Livre HERE

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3 - BNB 0x10D1d656eCa00bD521f9b4A43B83098B8142e115 - USDT BSC BEP20 0xb57cfdfa371fad1981910f0e8332409ab99f74d9 - USDT TRC20 TUR6Z9AVS4AYzqPnULoHrfFvppRbhXmNbZ - KASPA kaspa:qpxzufgfj8p6r0krg58yzvs0009h2mwqgvcawa0xc2pth7sgzpv56j4f6dtvk - PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

Premium Users HERE - Problems with Paypal HERE

xcd5u2Y.png

New ways to earn money with Linkvertise HERE

13 hours ago, MaLd0n said:

EFI SURFACE KBL.zip 4.89 MB · 1 download

Save one ioreg with this efi folder

that breaks touchpad, works as a mouse and tapping to click is gone, touchscreen is also broken and from what I can see the battery doesn't display correctly.

big surface.kext handles a lot of that, also with this particular surface the wifi/bluetooth module are dead, I'm looking into aquiring a replacement chip and soldering it on, probably a macOS friendly version if available, if not I'll stick to the usb wifi when needed.

the kext for that isn't included in the original upoload, but doesn't matter since I can add it in later and it's device specific.

had to put my original EFI back to use the wifi adapter, but here is the IOReg from the EFI you gave me to try.

also you should raise the max file size to 10mb XD.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zhtodprn3v2dt4g/Larry’s MacBook Pro.zip?dl=0

edit:

oh it appears the bluetooth is Broadcom and active, wireless... seemed dead in windows 10/11 and linux, the USB adapter is in IOReg it is picked up as WiFi@14130000, but I don't see the built in at all.

Edited by fallen00sniper

Well I did some more fixing, added null Ethernet so I could get iCloud stuff working.

Added a few tick boxes to match what you had put in the config you sent, it has locked up once at the login since, but seems fine and I’ve got my old config backed up and can uncheck and test later if it occurs again.

other than that I’d call it a success and I’ll upload what I’ve got later with my info removed.

I think tomorrow it’s time to move my install to its permanent residence on the internal drive, kick windows to the curb and load GarageBand, let this touchscreen hack start doing its job as a interface for helix native and the heart of my super helix floor, replacing the one I traded and the stomp xl I’ve been using that appears to be having issues.

Working fine as is, got logic running, thanks to bigsurface.kext I’ve got the lowest resolution set so I can easily use the sliders in helix native.

haven’t tested the headphones, but can remove the keyboard and use just the touch screen.

selecting text with taps is a minor issue of tapping fast, but it’s doing very well.

I will post my efi tonight for anyone else looking for a solution, but note it will be missing anything bluetooth or wireless.

Will also try updating to Ventura, not sure if all of the kexts will be fine or not, if that’s the case I’ll just reinstall Monterey since it does as I want.

• Like 1

got a little busy, but here is the efi as it stands for me.

kind of worried about trying to update, but removed my smbios important info and returned OC back to stock so it will boot for anyone, I'm using the work around to boot with secure boot enabled to remove the lock.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zj0e3xgkcb9sbs3/Surface-Pro-5-1796-EFI.zip?dl=0

a little hard to follow, but when you have finished patching secure boot, rename BOOTX64.efi to grubx64_real.efi and it will load OC again.

https://github.com/badstorm/surface-pro-7-opencore/blob/master/SecureBoot.With.Grub.md

Mald0n, safe for Ventura update?

I think all of my kexts are forward friendly...

On 3/5/2023 at 1:13 PM, thespanky1 said:

This is great!  It's a slick device I just got, and would love to run macos.  Hackintoshing is tough (I've done 5-6 devices...each takes days of troubleshooting)--thanks for the hard work.  Please post EFI!!

updated to ventura 13.2.1 and it all seems fine still, booted and up and running using the included kexts.

did you get yours running as well?

On 3/19/2023 at 5:49 PM, fallen00sniper said:

updated to ventura 13.2.1 and it all seems fine still, booted and up and running using the included kexts.

did you get yours running as well?

Hi man, could you please share your Ventura EFI? Is it the same one? Tks in advance

Edited by guisoreba

On 3/6/2023 at 1:07 AM, fallen00sniper said:

got a little busy, but here is the efi as it stands for me.

kind of worried about trying to update, but removed my smbios important info and returned OC back to stock so it will boot for anyone, I'm using the work around to boot with secure boot enabled to remove the lock.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zj0e3xgkcb9sbs3/Surface-Pro-5-1796-EFI.zip?dl=0

a little hard to follow, but when you have finished patching secure boot, rename BOOTX64.efi to grubx64_real.efi and it will load OC again.

https://github.com/badstorm/surface-pro-7-opencore/blob/master/SecureBoot.With.Grub.md

Mald0n, safe for Ventura update?

I think all of my kexts are forward friendly...

Tks fallen00sniper,

I tried this EFI in both Monterey and Ventura (from Olarila Vanilla Images). I just replace the EFI and thats is. It install fine, but when It reboots to finish the installation (choose language, country, wifi.. ) after a few seconds it will freeze or reboot. Do you have any clue?  It runs perfect on windows, so its not a hardware problem. I also tried different usb drives and also different usb hubs. 

My UEFI firmware is updated to the latest version. Don't know if the matters.

I have just tried other people's EFI and the same happens. I tried even a big sur installation. Always freezes or reboots during that after-install first configuration.

Any ideas??

Edited by guisoreba

I installed the latest open core 0.8.5 and that’s what the efi is based on.

did you set a serial in the config, that may be the case. Other than that I didn’t have that issue, but I also didn’t install with all of the kexts.

I’d try disabling all the kexts that aren’t required for install, not looking at them at the moment and generate a serial in an empty config and copy that over to the one I uploaded. I’d start with adding a serial that I generated.

can’t think of anything that would cause it to freeze other than maybe bigsurface or WiFi kext if I forgot to remove it since that’s for my dongle.

Ventura 13.6.1 was working just fine until I connected an external monitor to it for the first time. Now, when I try to turn on the tablet, the screen remains black unless I plug in the mini-DP cable to connect the external monitor. I have tried changing the data with all the options in the DeviceProperties section PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x,0x0), but it hasn't helped. Also, the system loading freezes at the halfway point of the boot bar, so I returned to the initial working version when the system loads in couple with an external monitor. I am confused because I cannot understand how connecting an external monitor could affect turning on the backlight tablet's screen after the system has finished loading and opening the window of the tablet desktop. The screen does not turn on without a connection to an external monitor, and it turns off if I disconnect the external monitor. I suspect there may be some problem with backlight-related functions. I am planning to add some boot arguments in the NVRAM OpenCore section related to backlight, but it will be challenging for me since I am not very knowledgeable in the area.