Andy Chambliss

Hack attack with a Mac to create several Dell Hackintosh's.

Ok, so I'll start by saying...  

HELP!!     There's a heck of a learning curve transitioning from pc's to macs.   Software specifically.  I've always been a PC guy, even back in the day of the MS-DOS 2.1 running all the way up to MS-DOS 6.22.    I've installed my share of Windows 3.1 from 3.5" floppy disks (all 7 of them) and fast forward to just a few years ago, retiring from a corporate environment installing and configuring MS-SQL databases on Dell rack mount Power edge servers running all varieties of Windows Server.   

I have several different certifications from MS, Cisco, Alvarion (Breezecom) and am proficient setting up, configuring and maintaining an Active Directory server with multiple VPN endpoints to keep a network secure. Educated and experienced, to say the least.  I tell you all that, so that I can say this...

I don't feel like I know anymore about installing open core or clover (although I've managed to figure out which USB ports I can use with EFI)  and from the last 3 weeks of SOLID dedication to educating myself.....  *Accidentally* one day when I first started this adventure, I used multi beast to create a usb stick that actually installed Catalina and I ran it for a sold week without rebooting.  Now, I have yet to figure out what I did, because I can't manage to replicate that USB stick to get that machine back up for love, or money

I'm no dummy, but I am at a point where I feel like I could really use some help on how to make ANY ONE OF THESE work. 

There four computers I'm trying to create hackintoshes on are as follows:

Dell Latitude Workstation e5540 (i5-4300u, 16GB, 256 GB SSD, Integrated Intel 4400 Video, ...) Haswell 

Dell Inspiron 3542 (Intel Celeron 2957u 1.4 Ghz, 8 GB, 256 GB SSD, Integrated Intel 4400 Video,...) GeForce 820/840 M -Haswell

Dell Precision m4800 (i7-4800mq, 16 GB, 1 TB SSD, Integrated Intel 4600, Nvidia Quadro K2100M w/ 2GB DDR5...) Haswell

Dell Inspiron M4110 (i7-2640m, 16 GB, 1 TB SSD, Integrated Intel 4500 Video,  ...) Sandy Bridge

The replacement hard drives for each of these are:

256GB Netac SSD's (6Gb Transfer rate),   

The memory modules are Netac 8 GB SODIMM, DDR3L 

Im not really sure if this is the right place to post a "help wanted" ad, but any and all help would be greatly appreciated.  I have 20+ years as an IT guy...  I suppose I'm just at a point where I am tired of watching the following over & over.   I'm a retired, so I have plentuy of time to educate myself. I only need a little guidance on what to study, and where it's located.   I have an older MacBook Pro running the last running verion of mac OS X supported on this machine. So, I have a working mac to work with.   Please advise.

Andy 

share.zip

• Administrators

use this efi folder for haswell builds

-NoteBook Haswell Download HERE

Follow here https://www.olarila.com/topic/20908-easy-fast-and-perfect-vanilla-hackintosh-clover-and-opencore-windows-linux-or-macos/

-Donations-

PayPal HERE - Stripe HERE - Ko-Fi HERE - BuyMeaCoffee HERE - Mercado Livre HERE

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3 - BNB 0x10D1d656eCa00bD521f9b4A43B83098B8142e115 - USDT BSC BEP20 0xb57cfdfa371fad1981910f0e8332409ab99f74d9 - USDT TRC20 TUR6Z9AVS4AYzqPnULoHrfFvppRbhXmNbZ - KASPA kaspa:qpxzufgfj8p6r0krg58yzvs0009h2mwqgvcawa0xc2pth7sgzpv56j4f6dtvk - PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

Premium Users HERE - Problems with Paypal HERE

xcd5u2Y.png

New ways to earn money with Linkvertise HERE

• Administrators

-Donations-

PayPal HERE - Stripe HERE - Ko-Fi HERE - BuyMeaCoffee HERE - Mercado Livre HERE

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3 - BNB 0x10D1d656eCa00bD521f9b4A43B83098B8142e115 - USDT BSC BEP20 0xb57cfdfa371fad1981910f0e8332409ab99f74d9 - USDT TRC20 TUR6Z9AVS4AYzqPnULoHrfFvppRbhXmNbZ - KASPA kaspa:qpxzufgfj8p6r0krg58yzvs0009h2mwqgvcawa0xc2pth7sgzpv56j4f6dtvk - PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

Premium Users HERE - Problems with Paypal HERE

xcd5u2Y.png

New ways to earn money with Linkvertise HERE

Due to the lack of information available on the Internet, I would like to offer my two cents on a Hackintosh I just finished.  Everything is as it is supposed to be, with the exception of the card reader, and I will tackle that when I have more time to invest in learning. 

I am sharing this information to help the next guy in line with a Hackintosh from a Dell E5540 (bios version 24) with an Intel I5-4300u processor and 16 GB on a 128 Gb SSD.   It is a dual boot machine with two separate and working macOS's.  Catalina and Monterey on Opencore with wifi, usb, camera, sound and HDMI and Airplay both working. 

Feel free to use this info to create your own working Hackintosh.  Utilities I used, as well as kexts, are included for simplicity.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kpXCHY6ByVIZhkQZ-51FnEuMuwVqSumE/view?usp=share_link

please change any personally identifying information to match your own personal information. 

Thanks goes to OLARILA.COM for the information to make this possible.   if this is in violation of any rules, please remove the entire post.   Thanks.

Andy Chambliss

Hi,

I am now at a crossroads with my last two installs on the Dell E5540's. 

I've started with the standard efi for haswell chips, changed my sound id to 12, which gives me sound, added the dsdt file, changed my personal info & smbios to Macbookpro 11,4, so I could install monterey, and now I am at a crossroads...

I have multiple different wifi cards to choose from, but I ordered one from ebay, an ar9285 (AR5B195) chipset and instead of adding various kexts to either the EFI or S\L\E, I decided to do the smart thing, and ask you guys, instead of screwup my clean build.

It works fine on the ethernet, but I'd also like to have wifi and bluetooth.  Supposedly both are possible on this one wifi card.

The machine in question is running Monterey, with no wifi, bluetooth or card reader.  Fresh clean install on an 256 GB SSD.

the other E5540 is currently dual booting Catalina (With a working ar9285, although I honestly don't know how) and Big Sur with ethernet only.   No Bluetooth on either OS.

Kexts to install, and where should I put them?  That's been a game changer imho, not just having the kexts - but knowing WHERE to put them, to achieve what you're wanting.

In this case, I'd like to know what kext to install to get both WIfi and Bluetooth on this Monterey machine (With OC .85)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I realize I'm long winded, and I apoplogize for that.

Andy Chambliss

On 2/15/2023 at 4:09 PM, Andy Chambliss said:

Hi,

I am now at a crossroads with my last two installs on the Dell E5540's. 

I've started with the standard efi for haswell chips, changed my sound id to 12, which gives me sound, added the dsdt file, changed my personal info & smbios to Macbookpro 11,4, so I could install monterey, and now I am at a crossroads...

I have multiple different wifi cards to choose from, but I ordered one from ebay, an ar9285 (AR5B195) chipset and instead of adding various kexts to either the EFI or S\L\E, I decided to do the smart thing, and ask you guys, instead of screwup my clean build.

It works fine on the ethernet, but I'd also like to have wifi and bluetooth.  Supposedly both are possible on this one wifi card.

The machine in question is running Monterey, with no wifi, bluetooth or card reader.  Fresh clean install on an 256 GB SSD.

the other E5540 is currently dual booting Catalina (With a working ar9285, although I honestly don't know how) and Big Sur with ethernet only.   No Bluetooth on either OS.

Kexts to install, and where should I put them?  That's been a game changer imho, not just having the kexts - but knowing WHERE to put them, to achieve what you're wanting.

In this case, I'd like to know what kext to install to get both WIfi and Bluetooth on this Monterey machine ( Slope 3 With OC .85)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I realize I'm long winded, and I apoplogize for that.

Andy Chambliss

Getting Wifi and Bluetooth working on your Dell E5540 with AR9285 on Monterey

It's great that you're taking a cautious approach and seeking advice before adding kexts! Here's how you can get Wifi and Bluetooth working on your Monterey machine with the AR9285 card:

Kexts:

1. AirportAtheros40.kext: This provides native support for your AR9285 Wifi card.
  2. BrcmPatchRAM2.kext: This is needed for Bluetooth functionality with the AR9285.
  3. Opencore-atheros-kext: This repository contains modified versions of HS80211Family.kext and AirPortAtheros40.kext specifically patched for Opencore and Monterey compatibility. You can choose this instead of the individual kexts mentioned above.

Placement:

• OpenCore (OC) kexts folder: Put all kexts (individually or the entire Opencore-atheros-kext folder) in EFI/OC/Kexts.
  • System Library: You don't need to place any kexts in /System/Library/Extensions for this setup.

Configuration:

1. OpenCore config.plist:
    • In the "Kernel" tab, under "Add" > "Patches", add the following configuration:
      • Type: com.apple.io80211Family
      • Disable: IO80211PowerManagement.
    • Under "Boot" > "Arguments", add the following boot argument: bluetoothle=0.
Edited by gavinhan