Jadyn Dutko

Internal SSD Not Detected (Tiger Lake-based system)

I'm trying to install macOS monterey (I have used the correct EFI folder and replaced the default one according to different guides on this site), and the installer will boot and I can control it.

I cannot get my internal SSD to show up when it's time to select what drive to install macOS on. I don't want to wipe the drive as I have Windows installed on it, so I was hoping I could do some kind of jank dual-boot (with Windows being the priority boot option and having macOS accessible in the BIOS). I partitioned the drive and encrypted the Windows side of things, and allocated space for macOS and left it unencrypted, but no matter what I do, I can't get it to show up in Disk Utility.

In case you were wondering, my system specs are:
CPU: Intel Core i7-1165G7
GPU: Intel Iris Xe Graphics (TigerLake)
RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz (soldered)
SSD: 512GB Intel 660p (partitioned and part-encrypted)
Manufacturer: Asus

Any help at all would be appreciated!

• Administrators

u need format ur ssd and use guid and apfs

-Donations-

PayPal HERE - Stripe HERE - Ko-Fi HERE - BuyMeaCoffee HERE - Mercado Livre HERE

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3 - BNB 0x10D1d656eCa00bD521f9b4A43B83098B8142e115 - USDT BSC BEP20 0xb57cfdfa371fad1981910f0e8332409ab99f74d9 - USDT TRC20 TUR6Z9AVS4AYzqPnULoHrfFvppRbhXmNbZ - KASPA kaspa:qpxzufgfj8p6r0krg58yzvs0009h2mwqgvcawa0xc2pth7sgzpv56j4f6dtvk - PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

Premium Users HERE - Problems with Paypal HERE

xcd5u2Y.png

New ways to earn money with Linkvertise HERE

18 hours ago, MaLd0n said:

u need format ur ssd and use guid and apfs

My SSD is already using GPT, but I also want to keep my Windows installation intact as is, is there any way to format the partition as APFS on Windows and have MacOS be happy with it?

Edited by Jadyn Dutko
typo

I wiped my SSD completely and it's simply not showing up in Disk Utility. I did make a Windows bootdisk and a backup so I can restore everything, but this has been very frustrating. Is there an issue with PCIe 3.0 NVMe drives on TigerLake?

Did you ever fix this? I'm coming back into the hackintosh world after years off being gone. You have similar specs as me but I'm using a hp envy x360 literally same. Did you ever get Monterey to detect your SSD? In know it's a nvme ?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Administrators

-Donations-

PayPal HERE - Stripe HERE - Ko-Fi HERE - BuyMeaCoffee HERE - Mercado Livre HERE

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3 - BNB 0x10D1d656eCa00bD521f9b4A43B83098B8142e115 - USDT BSC BEP20 0xb57cfdfa371fad1981910f0e8332409ab99f74d9 - USDT TRC20 TUR6Z9AVS4AYzqPnULoHrfFvppRbhXmNbZ - KASPA kaspa:qpxzufgfj8p6r0krg58yzvs0009h2mwqgvcawa0xc2pth7sgzpv56j4f6dtvk - PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

Premium Users HERE - Problems with Paypal HERE

xcd5u2Y.png

New ways to earn money with Linkvertise HERE

On 9/24/2022 at 11:54 AM, Maanav Parmar said:

Just a quick question, which EFI Folder did you use for your Tiger Lake device?

The Notebook TigerLake EFI folder.

On 9/20/2022 at 3:37 AM, jcb2016 said:

Did you ever fix this? I'm coming back into the hackintosh world after years off being gone. You have similar specs as me but I'm using a hp envy x360 literally same. Did you ever get Monterey to detect your SSD? In know it's a nvme ?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never got it working, haven't checked this forum for a while. I'll try the kext that Maldon sent and let you know how that goes.

If it helps narrow anything down, this behavior is exhibited in the Windows installer too, even when booting off of a USB flashed by Windows' Media Creation Tool. 

go to setup menu on bios and go to advance  mode by pressing f7 and the after that a menu appears and the go to advance option under advance option choose Advance\VMD setup menu under that disable that just Done ; trust me bro it works and I have done exact same method because Asus has latest bios so we have to gone through all of this bullshit

• Like 1

On 10/13/2022 at 10:58 PM, Arpan said:

go to setup menu on bios and go to advance  mode by pressing f7 and the after that a menu appears and the go to advance option under advance option choose Advance\VMD setup menu under that disable that just Done ; trust me bro it works and I have done exact same method because Asus has latest bios so we have to gone through all of this bullshit

Bro you have saved me from throwing my laptop in trash I was trying to fix this fu**** is from last 11 hours i bought a new 1 tb SSD to just install it . By the way after disabling vdm now my windows is crashing. But still a big thanks to you bro 😄