joseterra

Catalina on Lenovo V130 IKB and post-install help request

Hello everybody. Fantastic Forum !! :)

I am registered today and tried a hack on a Lenovo V130 15IKB, based on the EFI made by MaLd0n at

Catalina starts up, but some things I list don't work:
1) Audio (incoming and outgoing);
2) WiFi (the ethernet, on the other hand, works)
3) the trackpad (the keyboard works).

4) the battery is not detected

Here is the specific configuration of the laptop:

1. CPU Intel Core i3-7020U Kaby Lake-R 
  2. GPU Intel(R) HD Graphics 620
  3. Audio  Intel Kaby Lake-U/Y PCH - High Definition Audio Controller
  4. 12 GB RAM
  5. Trackpad Synaptics pointing device
  6. wifi Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165

Could you help me solve it? I believe that for the intel wifi you can little or nothing ..

Thanks in advance!

• Administrators

-Donations-

PayPal HERE - Stripe HERE - Ko-Fi HERE - BuyMeaCoffee HERE - Mercado Livre HERE

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3 - BNB 0x10D1d656eCa00bD521f9b4A43B83098B8142e115 - USDT BSC BEP20 0xb57cfdfa371fad1981910f0e8332409ab99f74d9 - USDT TRC20 TUR6Z9AVS4AYzqPnULoHrfFvppRbhXmNbZ - KASPA kaspa:qpxzufgfj8p6r0krg58yzvs0009h2mwqgvcawa0xc2pth7sgzpv56j4f6dtvk - PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

Premium Users HERE - Problems with Paypal HERE

xcd5u2Y.png

New ways to earn money with Linkvertise HERE

Thank you for your quick answer. I noticed that the BT and webcam don't work either.

for the ful dump with RunMe.app you mean the whole "Send Me" folder that is created after the run? If yes, it could be downloaded to this link:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/1c7742togjy0pna/Send+me+MacBook-Pro-2.zip/file

Here is the ioreg file.MacBook Pro (2).zip

Edited by joseterra

• Administrators

lets start again

use this efi folder, reboot and save ioreg and sendme

https://www.transfernow.net/dl/20220810DNVs1Hrz

-Donations-

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3 - BNB 0x10D1d656eCa00bD521f9b4A43B83098B8142e115 - USDT BSC BEP20 0xb57cfdfa371fad1981910f0e8332409ab99f74d9 - USDT TRC20 TUR6Z9AVS4AYzqPnULoHrfFvppRbhXmNbZ - KASPA kaspa:qpxzufgfj8p6r0krg58yzvs0009h2mwqgvcawa0xc2pth7sgzpv56j4f6dtvk - PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

xcd5u2Y.png

unfortunately, I have not a transfernow account, so that your upload results as "file not found"

EDIT: I dowloaded it and I'm going to try the Efi

audio works, battery % is ok.

Webcam sometime crashes, WiFi appears as Icon on tab but doesn't work. Trackpad is active, it moves by itself and is ungovernable. The USB sockets do not recognize connected HDs.

Nvram reset seems do not function from OC start menu (in previous EFI, the command (icon) was able to do the reset).

Thanks for you kind effort..I'm wainting for your help!

EDIT: the "sendme" folder

https://www.mediafire.com/file/f081y0ddn3zja8l/Send+me+MacBook-Pro-2+EFI+01.zip/file

MacBook Pro (2) EFI 01.zip

Edited by joseterra

• Administrators

Lenovo V130 15IKB.zip

Pro wifi adiciona as kexts pra versão do seu sistema

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png

I don't understand why, but today the trackpad doesn't work anymore! USB mouse only. I hadn't changed the EFI since the last you sent me. To check, I re-downloaded and put that last one back and the trackpad doesn't work. Thinking I changed something in catalina, I used another SSD where there was a previous copy of catalina and put your EFI, but the trackpad doesn't work anyway, so it was not a SO trouble, but probably an EFI matter!
Could you help me understand?

Also, regarding WiFi, itlwm.kext (version for catalina) could be useful, but how can I insert it in the EFI without altering the balance of the config.plist?

https://www.mediafire.com/file/y6awc2kh9k68nnf/itlwm.kext.zip/file

I beg your pardon, if I have exaggerated with my requests, please ignore me (I do not know how to move adequately in this field of hackintosh)!

MacBook Pro (2).zip

Edited by joseterra

• Administrators

u just need take a look into kexts order if u change my config.plist

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png

After some tests, I solved the WiFi / BT troubles, by injecting itlwm.kext and using Heliport.app (from github guide https://github.com/OpenIntelWireless/itlwm).

Conversely, even having used other Voodoo kexts and following the guide https://dortania.github.io/Getting-Started-With-ACPI/Laptops/trackpad.html I was unable to fix for the trackpad not working.
I enclose ioreg and sendme, in case anyone wants to help me. Thank you in advance and apologize for asking for more help.

MacBook Pro (2).ioreg.zip

• Administrators

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png

thanks for your reply.

the ioreg and "sendme" files are still those of the previous message on https://www.olarila.com/topic/29323-catalina-on-lenovo-v130-ikb-and-post-install-help-request/?do=findComment&comment = 175704
I made the changes to the WIFI on a second cloned disk. So, now I have two disks: the first one has remained unchanged with your folder https://www.olarila.com/topic/29323-catalina-on-lenovo-v130-ikb-and-post-install-help-request /? do = findComment & comment = 175696 and the trackpad no longer works.

I attached here:

MacBook Pro (2).zip

Edited by joseterra

• Administrators

use my efi folder and add intel wifi kexts for ur system version

https://github.com/OpenIntelWireless/itlwm/releases/tag/v2.2.0-alpha

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png

It doesn't fix WiFi: I had already tested the AirportItlwm kexts (also alpha) and they don't activate Wifi. The only way is to inject itlwm.kext and using Heliport.app (an ethernet network that works like Wifi is simulated). So, I have Wifi by using that approach..

The critical point, for me, is just that the trackpad doesn't work and I have to necessarily use a USB-mouse. As I wrote above, I have tried many voodoo kexts and tried to modify the DSDT as indicated in Github, without success.
The EFI you posted to me made the trackpad work on first boot, but it became non-functional on second boot and I have no idea why.
If you can give me suggestions on the trackpad, I would be grateful..and thank you for what you have already done ;)

• Administrators

the trackpad is full load on ioreg

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png

but it doesn't work, and I don't know why: that's the point!

As I said, it worked the first time I started your EFI, then not anymore ..

Obviously, in Windows 11 worsk fine..so it was not a hardware matter ;)

EDIT: I noticed that in "preferences - accessibility - pointer control" I have no box for "Ignore built-in trackpad when mouse or wireless trackpoint is present". Also, in preferences, by selecting "trackpad" there are no built-in trackpads and asks to activate the BT for pairing with mouse.
I believe these two clues point out that the OS only recognizes the external mouse.

Edited by joseterra

EDIT 2: "Ignore built-in trackpad when mouse or wireless trackpoint is present" box disappears only if one use Airport.app (that simulates an ethernet BT to surrogate WIF). Using your EFI without any modificatione and without Eliport.app, the box is present..

anyhow, with you EFI on the second ssd, the trackpad starts only at first boot, but at second boot disappeared without any intellegible reason (indeed, ioreg said that trackpad is ok). I tried to move you efi folder several times on EFI partition and doing the VRAM-reset: the trackpad works sometimes, but only until the first boot..

I don't think I have any other choice: I have to use Wifi (so have Airport), and use an external mouse, because other systems and other airport kexts don't work. At least until I understand what the interference is blocking the built-in trackpad..maybe, I'm too old (56 years old) to really understand hack. I already have one fully functional (on a Chuwi Corebook Pro i3), I have to settle for this other one on Lenovo with some limitations (essentially trackpad and WiFi that are mutually exclusive).
Thanks for all your help and forgive me for boring you ..

I will try to understand better, even if I doubt I know how to do it!

• Like 1