MetalChris87

Surface Book 3 95% working with Monterey

Hello,

I have a 95% working Hackintosh for my Surface Book 3 running Monterey and so I thought i'd share for anyone interested. 

Quick Steps

1. First create the USB by downloading Monterey image and software balenaEtcher to copy the image to USB.

2. Mount EFI drive in Windows. I used Mini Tool Partition Wizard 12 & Explorer++.

3. Copy the unzipped EFI I have attached here to the EFI partition. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Icci7vMsYdnUc57US_Tp0jqBMZW5rBMu/view?usp=sharing

4. Boot to Bios and turn off Secure Boot. And set USB to boot first.

5. USB should boot and install MacOS.

6. Enjoy

What isn't working on Monterey is Bluetooth & Camera, there was an issue with the bluetooth kexts used on Big Sur which caused very slow load times and just didn't work. Also the battery read outs are not accurate and so I will be looking into this.

GitHub - Xiashangning/BigSurface: A proposition for a fully intergrated kext for all Surface Pro hardware

Edited by MetalChris87
updated links
  • Like 1

• Administrators

Ure welcome!

-Donations-

PayPal HERE - Stripe HERE - Ko-Fi HERE - BuyMeaCoffee HERE - Mercado Livre HERE

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3 - BNB 0x10D1d656eCa00bD521f9b4A43B83098B8142e115 - USDT BSC BEP20 0xb57cfdfa371fad1981910f0e8332409ab99f74d9 - USDT TRC20 TUR6Z9AVS4AYzqPnULoHrfFvppRbhXmNbZ - KASPA kaspa:qpxzufgfj8p6r0krg58yzvs0009h2mwqgvcawa0xc2pth7sgzpv56j4f6dtvk - PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

Premium Users HERE - Problems with Paypal HERE

xcd5u2Y.png

New ways to earn money with Linkvertise HERE

Must be something in your EFI. Did you use mine or the olarilla ones? or did you get your own?
I'd suggest starting again with your EFI Getting started with OpenCore | OpenCore Install Guide (gitee.io)
And make sure to include https://github.com/Xiashangning/BigSurface. If you read his page he will tell you what order to set out the bigsurface kext in your EFI.

I've never had issue with the USB-C charging. I know there is an issue with the batteries on Surface Book 3. I think the mac os only picks up the battery in the tablet portion of the laptop. And the battery indicator gets stuck around 88percent and then suddenly drops to 60percent or something. So are you confident it's not charging? 

And I know BigSurface kext is working on getting the 2nd battery to work. 

Good luck