linusrg

Help booting the olarila ISO

I am attempting to boot the Big sur precompiled iso on my legacy laptop with a sandy bridge cpu. I am assuming this is because the iso is made for uefi systems. Would it be possible to get it to boot on a legacy system? (Yes ik big Sur doesn't have ogpu support for that chip but I have a way that I am gonna use to try and fix that) 

• Administrators

-Donations-

PayPal HERE - Stripe HERE - Ko-Fi HERE - BuyMeaCoffee HERE - Mercado Livre HERE

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3 - BNB 0x10D1d656eCa00bD521f9b4A43B83098B8142e115 - USDT BSC BEP20 0xb57cfdfa371fad1981910f0e8332409ab99f74d9 - USDT TRC20 TUR6Z9AVS4AYzqPnULoHrfFvppRbhXmNbZ - KASPA kaspa:qpxzufgfj8p6r0krg58yzvs0009h2mwqgvcawa0xc2pth7sgzpv56j4f6dtvk - PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

Premium Users HERE - Problems with Paypal HERE

xcd5u2Y.png

New ways to earn money with Linkvertise HERE

2 hours ago, dnakruemel said:

pretty sure sandy bridge already had uefi support, i could have a look on ur device firmware if you post the notebook model number

sure it is the the protege r830 from Toshiba. 

I also found out the other stuff I had to do and I did copy the sandy bridge folder over, but the laptop still refuses to boot the usb. 

So u need to check your laptop setup.

If using Legacy OpenCore, use CSM, otherwise turn it off.

Some Chipsets have an "UEFI Mode" option, mine can switch from "Windows EFI" to "Other OS"; MacOS will NOT boot with Windows EFI mode.

Boot from USB2-Port.

Also, if u had windows installed, id clear the secure-boot-keys, but beware, youll get boot issues in windows if you do this!

Could you specify more on the state of error? Are you able to select your flashed USB drive to boot or does it not even pop up?

Can you verify USB is bootable in another system? (dont need to install there)

Its hard to tell, it seems that toshiba created a custom menu here which i do not find online.

So if you select boot from USB it just ignores and skips it? Thats a sign of EFI not being recognized then; did you put the folder called EFI on the stick or the contents of it? Mainboard searches for an EFI folder on the EFI partition.

For disabling CSM, it should be in a boot or device or general section, really different on various vendors.

My ASUS desktop board has tons of submenus, but if yours is a bit simpler maybe post some images of the options we have to play around with?

If all fails, maybe do try the OpenCore legacy; if i read documentation correct u need extra files, but we need @MaLd0nblessing for that. Lets try have a look at toshiba bootloader first.

It attempts to boot it but then it says failed to  Boot this device please  insert a bootable device and press any key.       

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1DlB9gquAgXFXBJ9aZ-mwZy_ThMsidkJf?usp=sharing here is what my bios looks like  s sss s s

I cannot remove the extra S's this site is buggy in Firefox lol

So with the options exhausted, it might be worth a shot stepping your BIOS up from 2.1 to 4.1, i found installer here

https://support.dynabook.com/support/modelHome?freeText=1200013843

You should go to the text field and choose the most accurate model and OS type ( its usually an installer that starts in windows, then reboots and finishes up in bios)

Be patient, and stay connected to power. Dont abort, this can easy render your device complete trash (can be fixed by soldering to serial connectors but thats a whole other level)

Available devices are

If you dont wanna go this route, id suggest using legacy addon for OpenCore.

Visit dortania manual for that, and try boot with legacy.

Edited by dnakruemel

• Administrators

for legacy try it

tCeh6wL.png

-Donations-

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3 - BNB 0x10D1d656eCa00bD521f9b4A43B83098B8142e115 - USDT BSC BEP20 0xb57cfdfa371fad1981910f0e8332409ab99f74d9 - USDT TRC20 TUR6Z9AVS4AYzqPnULoHrfFvppRbhXmNbZ - KASPA kaspa:qpxzufgfj8p6r0krg58yzvs0009h2mwqgvcawa0xc2pth7sgzpv56j4f6dtvk - PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

xcd5u2Y.png

• Administrators

i never use opencore in old hardware

need check manual

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png

• Administrators

u can try with this efi folder with this options above

https://tinyurl.com/3usvbpfv

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png